Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

GET HYPED, IT'S PRIME DAY 2017!!!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy - it's that time of year again. Jeff Bezos has been listening to you all year long through your Echos and Dots and he knows who all the economically-pliant little boys and girls are. On Prime Day he'll fly through the air in a sleigh made of automated drones and distribute all the things he couldn't sell at full price otherwise.

WHAT'S NEW FOR PRIME DAY 2017??!?!???!?!?!?

If you have an Echo or Dot: every fifteen minutes it will sound an ear-splitting siren (sorry, an 'exclusive deal alert') to inform Amazonians about deals that are only available via the voice-interface. You must decide, literally blindly, whether or not to purchase each item. (Please note: all members of the household must be present before the siren will silence and all members must give a verbal 'yes' or 'maybe later' to each offering.)

Did we say "Prime Day"? Sorry, we meant Prime 27-31 Hours! This poo poo starts early because why the gently caress not, it's totally arbitrary anyways!

Holy fuckballs - this thing! Could it be a new hat for your character? Slightly bigger boobs? Who knows? But look at that loving box! It's gold and shiny and has little beams of light coming up from it like the Ark of the Covenant! I cannot loving WAIT for this. (*Please note: restrictions apply to this imaginary item for a video game.)

WILL ANYTHING ECLIPSE THE BEST DEAL FROM THE INAUGURAL PRIME DAY?

I swear to Bezos, I'll never forget when my prayers to him were answered that first Prime Day when the 55 Gallon Drum of Sexual Lubricant finally went on sale and I could afford what I had only dreamed about.

What will you buy yourself for Prime Day 2017?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer
Psst - maybe I shouldn't let you in on this but here's an 'insider's guide' to getting the most out of Prime Day. DON'T SHARE THIS LINK, I shouldn't have even posted it to begin with. That's how inside this guide is.

(This post set aside for updates with GREAT DEALS!)

Thots and Prayers fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 29, 2017

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Way to bury the lede. MOTHER FUCKIN PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS SKINS! gently caress Overwatch. Its time has passed.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Winning

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm probably going to buy a box of ham.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Alexa is the obelesk in 2001: A Space Oddysey, or a stripper, or a method to separate techno-idiots from their money.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait to pay 10% mark up on cheap poo poo from aliExpress, instead of 20% mark up!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hm cool I have a free trial of prime going right now so a sweaty man would bring me a cable only hours after I ordered it. maybe I'll get some poo poo I don't need

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Please be on sale this year....

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
loving A LETS DO THIS PRIME DAY TOMORROW GO GO OG GOGOGOGO

The UNRATED 50 Shades Darker Blu-Ray, starts at 03:40 EST

Be the hit of your local block party and/or lure children to your basement, starts at 08:10 EST

Bottle of total bullshit, 06:00EST

There's 142 pages of deals right now, I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface...

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

WOW SO MANY GREAT DEALS

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
"Alexa, order Ultimate Hits"

Night Pay
Nov 22, 2016

by Smythe
:siren: Dark Souls III goes live at 1010 pm est :siren:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Night Pay posted:

:siren: Dark Souls III goes live at 1010 pm est :siren:

More like DANK BOWLS going live right now lol

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I don't have any money

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Amazon raises all their prices then discounts them back to normal as a special offer just for you.

Night Pay
Nov 22, 2016

by Smythe

Big Beef City posted:

More like DANK BOWLS going live right now lol

Hell yeah :sax:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I hope they have high-end headphones on sale because I need new IEMs.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

Egbert Souse posted:

WOW SO MANY GREAT DEALS

Can people use the dog toothpaste? asking for a friend

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Amazon has become a weird bazaar of grey market and shady Chinese stuff. Like, if you search for "shower head" the top-rated thing will be something called Best Shower for Spray Body, 100% Cleanliness in Harmony Water. And then somehow despite an overall 5 star rating, the first page of reviews are all 1 star complaining about how it's cheap junk.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Big City Drinkin posted:

Amazon has become a weird bazaar of grey market and shady Chinese stuff. Like, if you search for "shower head" the top-rated thing will be something called Best Shower for Spray Body, 100% Cleanliness in Harmony Water. And then somehow despite an overall 5 star rating, the first page of reviews are all 1 star complaining about how it's cheap junk.

They pay fake reviewers to put up 5 star reviews

Also Amazon has a program that makes it easy for shady Chinese factories to ship to the us

Also they intentionally make it difficult to filter out the stupid garbage nobody wants

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Egbert Souse posted:

WOW SO MANY GREAT DEALS

I bought that exact stethoscope a few months ago, I had a coupon code and it was like fifty cents. I works as well as you would expect a .50 cent stethoscope would, meaning I would only use it for a Halloween costume.

Also got me a spark plug.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Big City Drinkin posted:

You gotta be p careful about counterfeit stuff too, like amo will refund you but it sucks to need a new pair of earbuds or something only to have them arive and be clear knockoffs.

Jake Mustache
Feb 7, 2017
I think I will go for the Audible deal. Any tips or tricks to get the most out of it?

http://amzn.to/2u6f5ql

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i linked my thing to twitch for the overwatch box and it included a dumb skin for a character i already had a better skin for (symettra's Vishkar when I already have the vampire one that turns your sentry turrets into bloodshot eyeballs) 0/10 would not recommend

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

You gotta be p careful about counterfeit stuff too, like amo will refund you but it sucks to need a new pair of earbuds or something only to have them arive and be clear knockoffs.

Birkenstock pulled their products from Amazon last year because they were tired of their real shoes being sold along side counterfeits and didn't want to deal with the fallout of people unwittingly buying lovely knockoffs that fall apart in a week.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The_Franz posted:

Birkenstock pulled their products from Amazon last year because they were tired of their real shoes being sold along side counterfeits and didn't want to deal with the fallout of people unwittingly buying lovely knockoffs that fall apart in a week.

Oh cool the next time I need to look like Oldenstein McOldenMeadows and my droopy drawers are in need of a refresh I'll be sure to head over to your wing of the senior center so you can fill me in on the latest Birkenstock updates.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

The_Franz posted:

Honestly more companies should do this if it would force Amazon to get their poo poo together.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

fishing with the fam posted:

Way to bury the lede. MOTHER FUCKIN PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS SKINS! gently caress Overwatch. Its time has passed.

Isn't that game just an arma mod

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Big City Drinkin posted:

Honestly more companies should do this if it would force Amazon to get their poo poo together.

To be fair after it happened to me once I knew what to look for in the future. If a deal looks too good to be true and the vender only sells a handful of similar items for much cheaper than the official vendors for those products then it's basically guaranteed it's fake. At that point just do a quick google search to see if counterfeits for the thing you want are common and there's basically no reason for you to fall for it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
amazons fire hd 8 is newer than the fire hd 10? :psyduck:

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
You can get some PC prebuilts for about the same price as Newegg usually, but also probably with shittier parts :)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
man you want to see some deals just peep this

my local store is out of extra large unless i want brooklyn crust. this is what id rather gorge on

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
brb; 3120 calories

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

gary oldmans diary posted:

my local store is out of extra large unless i want brooklyn crust. this is what id rather gorge on

this is prime day not pi day

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

SALE

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

EX250 Type R posted:

this is prime day not pi day
well see what the lab has to say about this

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

amazons fire hd 8 is newer than the fire hd 10? :psyduck:

I think the number refers to screen size not newness

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wtf is brooklyn crust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
amazon is terrible and i can't ever seem to filter out scammy garbage from chinese scammy garbage from poo poo i actually might want so i never use it.

there's my hot take. doesn't amazon make all their money from their hosting services anyway?

• Locked thread