Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

When you're cooking a nice burger at home, should you smash it down or leave it be while cooking? Some people argue that smashing it lets out all the juice, while other people actually like a slightly drier burger and want to squeeze out some of the grease out of the cheap burgs they bought.

Does it matter what cooking vessels you're using? Like is it okay to smash a burger on the grill or is it only okay to smash it in a pan? These are important questions.

I for one don't smash it, I want that burg to be juicy as gently caress. And to the point that when you bite into it, molten juice burns your lips and chin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Well since I only cook burgs on the foreman, SMASH IT.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

That Wendy's training rap video from the 80s taught me about the four corner press and how you gotta salt the meat to make the taste complete so I'm going with smash

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You just squeeze it until you get enough fat oozing out to get a nice moist coat, flip and repeat a few times, then you get that nice crusty outside from the charred fat. :burger:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol if u smash anything other than the OPs drat mom

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
yeah in a cheap $1 plastic burger press that gives a perfect patty in like 1 second. that was the buy of the century

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

gary oldmans diary posted:

yeah in a cheap $1 plastic burger press that gives a perfect patty in like 1 second. that was the buy of the century

I'm sorry this thread isn't about a burger press it's about smashing a burger.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The only thing I smash is my balls anytime I sit down. :smith:

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
I'm from this weird place where I only flip the burger once. I see these dads with their aprons on, sipping a beer and flipping the loving burgers over and over like they're not going to cook properly at the BBQ where their precious little daughter is about to announce she's a whore living in sin with the guy who works for some company that checks dirty old mineshafts on BLM land for contamination. And she's gonna get married (she's knocked up again)

Maybe his daughter wouldn't be such a slut working on her third marriage if he'd stop flipping the burgers all nervous like and poo poo. Look at that fat human being's eyes twitch from side to side, wondering which one of the guys in swim trunks has been banging his little bundle of joy. gently caress, if you stand there all cookout and flip a loving hamburger patty you might as well put a name tag on, loser, and go inside and look in the mirror. Pull up your shirt so you can see your anguish.

So no, I don't really smash the burger.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Just microwave the burger until its all gray. No thinking or smashing required.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

gary oldmans diary posted:

Hell yeah this guy knows whats up, I loving love my burger press.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Holy poo poo I didn't know a burger press was a thing and now I fuckin need one.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
smashed burgs should be thin and have a nice crispy crust, stack two with cheese

mm

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
Burger presses are haram. You gotta hand shape that burg. And no, do not smash the burger.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
cum on your burgers for extra flavour

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lol just lol if you don't have staff who cook your burgers for you

loving peasants

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The term is press you retard.

And no don't loving do it. Get away from the grill and go play with Legos or something.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
don't smash your burgs idiot

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Harakiri Potter posted:

I'm from this weird place where I only flip the burger once. I see these dads with their aprons on, sipping a beer and flipping the loving burgers over and over like they're not going to cook properly at the BBQ where their precious little daughter is about to announce she's a whore living in sin with the guy who works for some company that checks dirty old mineshafts on BLM land for contamination. And she's gonna get married (she's knocked up again)

Maybe his daughter wouldn't be such a slut working on her third marriage if he'd stop flipping the burgers all nervous like and poo poo. Look at that fat human being's eyes twitch from side to side, wondering which one of the guys in swim trunks has been banging his little bundle of joy. gently caress, if you stand there all cookout and flip a loving hamburger patty you might as well put a name tag on, loser, and go inside and look in the mirror. Pull up your shirt so you can see your anguish.

Smashist post. MODS!!!

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Don't smash the burg, you're smashin' out the flavor!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Harakiri Potter posted:

this is my understanding as well but i flip them a million times because everyone that i cook for only eats meat super well done like a monster

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

You can press it just a little and it's OK, but any more talk of "smashing" and I'll have to report you.

Also, I used to have nervous meat flipping syndrome, but I found this great new medication called not giving a gently caress.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Son of Rodney posted:

Hell yeah this guy knows whats up, I loving love my burger press.

use a burger press if you want your burgers to taste dry and lifeless

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

When you're cooking a nice burger at home, should you smash it down or leave it be while cooking? Some people argue that smashing it lets out all the juice, while other people actually like a slightly drier burger and want to squeeze out some of the grease out of the cheap burgs they bought.

Does it matter what cooking vessels you're using? Like is it okay to smash a burger on the grill or is it only okay to smash it in a pan? These are important questions.

I for one don't smash it, I want that burg to be juicy as gently caress. And to the point that when you bite into it, molten juice burns your lips and chin.

The cheap ones are the ones with flavor. The leaner they are the less flavor.

You press to sear the juices in, for christs sake.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Fog Tripper posted:

bad at posting and bad at burgers holy moly

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

how am I supposed to smash the burg when I'm cooking it in the microwave???

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sound posted:

how am I supposed to smash the burg when I'm cooking it in the microwave???

Put a brick on it before closing the door

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

LOL if you press your burgers. Why yes I would like one slab of dry, tasteless meat.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

bradzilla posted:

LOL if you press your burgers. Why yes I would like one slab of dry, tasteless meat.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
When I was working at a burger place you'd basically take a big hunk of meat and put it on the grill and then push it down into patty form, after which you'd flip it some more. You didn't press it a lot, but you applied the pressure to it on the grill. But you'd have to do this, 'cause the initial meat was too thick and not properly shaped, so this is how you'd make it into an actual burg.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Don't smash it if it's in a pug's mouth.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fog Tripper posted:

Holy poo poo you really are retarded.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Don't smash the patty when it's cooking, but be sure so get it pressed pretty thin before you put it on the grill

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

If you're griddling a burger then sure, smash away, but if it's on a grill where all of the juices will drip down below the grill then don't smash you dummy!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Smash it down or don't.

All I know is that when I'm burgin' I burg so hard I'm lucky if I can muster the self restraint to just slam down 2 pounds of raw hamburger meat with enough precision to get at least half of it down my gullet and not just all over my face and in my own hair.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Never smash those juices out boy you'll be left with a dry, hard, sad burg

if you want a flatter burger then make a flatter burger while the meat is raw

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bradzilla posted:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Fog Tripper posted:

missed this post the first time around and you're retarded as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Don't overthink your hamburgers. Just leave it alone and let it grill.

• Locked thread