Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nah
Mar 16, 2009

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Same

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I was chilling with someone over fourth of July who said they straight up didn't like movies. Pretty sad they'll never be able to experience this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dinosaurs! posted:

I was chilling with someone over fourth of July who said they straight up didn't like movies. Pretty sad they'll never be able to experience this.

I've met people like this, very bizarre

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I haven't met people like that, I've heard the legends though.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Subtitles? Who wants to read a movie, amiright?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I've heard people say this in a college film class.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My friend took a film class over the summer and he said it was really easy and after everyone took the final was graded the professor came up to him and asked to shake his hand and said he was the first person ever to get a perfect score and he said all he did was read the text book and that it wasn't that hard. The professor said that's what he'd always thought about it and had been wondering if he made it too hard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My friend took a film class over the summer and he said it was really easy and after everyone took the final was graded the professor came up to him and asked to shake his hand and said he was the first person ever to get a perfect score and he said all he did was read the text book and that it wasn't that hard. The professor said that's what he'd always thought about it and had been wondering if he made it too hard.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But the idea of a film class with an exam is pretty weird imo

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dinosaurs! posted:

At work tonight, two people in my department indicated they thought Lost in Translation was the worst movie they'd ever seen.

"Movies need a plot!"
"My son said, 'even the popcorn isn't going to save this one.'"
"We went to see it because it was nominated for an Oscar and we were watching all the Oscar-nominated movies that year. I'm not allowed to pick the movies in our house anymore."
"It's sad because I was rooting for Bill Murray, that he'd be in a good movie again, but that clearly wasn't it."

One of them also indicated a deep hate for Weiner Dog, the Todd Solondz flick, which they said, was billed as a heart-warming comedy. "It had Danny DeVito in it!"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I didn't care a whole lot for Lost in Translation either but much worse movies exist

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hector Beerlioz posted:

lol

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
hmm
OP makes a thread about movies they like
tons of posters flood it with stories of people who dislike, certain movies

@OP: name a few

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
tommy boy always brightens my day up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

When I worked at a video store and Pan's Labyrinth was new we got a lot of angry people asking for refunds because of this

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Pablo Gigante posted:

When I worked at a video store and Pan's Labyrinth was new we got a lot of angry people asking for refunds because of this

thats cool

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Pablo Gigante posted:

guess they don't even look at the cover closely enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
thinking about fighting game tourneys and rocky 1. so now i'm gonna watch rocky 1 while helping friends train from the sidelines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDCgp6JW8Ug

e: in all seriousness, i love the spirit of this movie and wish my friends the best of luck during the next tourney.

• Locked thread