Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dino's a good playcaller and knows his offense well.

BG's defense was gradually becoming a mess under him though after Clawson built it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Yeah, as if an offensive guru who neglects defense could ever land the job at Texas Tech

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I was mostly on. Except that bit about Akron being the sick man of the MAC, as they are improbably perched atop the East and knocked off the Broncos, BUT ANYWHO

The rest of it is probably broke to all hell with our QB out for the season with a broken collarbone. Rivalry week is gonna hurt, and I really don't think we're making it past a resurgent NIU and Toledo juggernaut. Should still beat Kent State, so that's bowl eligibility, there. If we do go bowling I just know they're gonna send the Broncos to that godforsaken potato bowl

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU status report!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B0sFtRTlx4

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Jordanis posted:

Oregon Fighting Willies:

gently caress, who knows. I'm going to go with 8-4 overall, with definite losses to Washington and Stanford, and two more of Nebraska, Wazzu, Utah, and whichever of the Arizona schools is better this year.

At that level, Pac-12 bowl tie ins are a clusterfuck and we may be laughably overmatched or laughably undermatched.

I forgot to add the obvious caveat of 'as long as Herbert stays healthy'. If we make a bowl, I'll be really happy.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Probably Magic posted:

Kansas Jayhawks

12-0

Checking in to say my prediction is looking well on its way to being 100% correct. :smuggo:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

Washington

@ Arizona State: This is a tossup since we never play well in the desert, but tentative W

Best case: 11-1, beat Oregon again, repeat as Pac-12 champs.
What I expect: 9-3, hang around the Top 25 all year, win our bowl game.
Worst case: 7-5, We lose all our tossup games and annoying fans try to make "Seven Win Pete" a thing.

Yeah, seems about right. We'll lose to Stanford and let's say Utah to get that 9-3 and fart around in the Holiday Bowl

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

HannibalBarca posted:

I defer my midseason update until we know the outcome of the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party

Update:

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA gonna win the natty y'all go dawgs sic'um

that is all

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I though we'd beat MSU but otherwise my predictions have been pretty solid. MSU is better this year than most expected, and that game was really weird. If the ball doesn't just slip out of Stanley's hands for no reason when he's trying to throw to a wide open guy in the endzone maybe we win that one. Still feel pretty good about my prediction of 7-5, since Nebraska looks worse than I thought they would

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Mine were pretty good. If we were a tiny bit healthier (Janarion Grant still never recovered from Desmond King) we beat EMU and they're dead on. The Big Ten remains a really bad conference after the top teams. We're not good (well, we're decent on defense), y'all are just bad.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Slightly better than Purdue and Maryland with their 10th string QB, next stop Rose Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
If you had watched Maryland this year, you'd know their defense is utter garbage. Their problems go way beyond the QB. And so loving what, we lost our best CB, and Janarion Grant has been healthy for less than half the season. That game was a mauling that wasn't nearly as close as the score, two of their TDs were pure gifts on bullshit calls.

We probably beat Nebraska with a QB change, and the Michigan/PSU games were both stalemates in the first half before our lack of depth started showing. This is an astonishingly bad conference.

• Locked thread