Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BOWLING FUCKIN" GREEN YALL. gently caress P5, GET MACTION

I genuinely don't know what the story will be this year. We lost so much loving talent when Dino left for Syracuse and that didn't help. Mike Jinks does seem to know what he's doing, but has a super young staff and last year was just a perfect storm of a mess. Still, they seemed to figure things out late and late last year BG showed off a run game I genuinely haven't seen in 6-7 years. Jinks is a hell of a recruiter and this year could be fun.

9/2 @ SPARTY, NOOOO - Woof. This is gonna be painful. Thanks for the paycheck! L

9/9 vs. South Dakota - W

9/16 @ Northwestern - Northwestern seems to be what you'd get if a MAC team had a B1G-level budget. This could be a track meet. Doubt we're winning but it should be an entertaining loss at least? L

9/23 @ Middle Tennessee State - Oh christ I hate games like these. They're either great or terrible with no in-between. Gonna guess win but this is probably a toss up. I have no idea what Middle Tennessee is like. W

9/30 vs. Akron. gently caress Akron. W

10/7 @ Miami (OH) - This is tough. Miami had a hell of a turn-around last year and took a disinterested Mississippi State team to the wire in a bowl game they had no right being close in. Hard to tell if that was a flash in the pan or not, but Chuck Martin deserves a lot of credit for turning Miami around. They've been an absolute disaster until last year. Gonna say we take it but man it's gonna be close. W

10/14 vs. Ohio - I honestly have no clue what to make of Ohio under Solich. They're fine but rarely good, they can over and under achieve at the same time in one year. They swoon and die every season right around mid-October. W

10/21 vs. NIU - Rod Carey is likely fighting for his career this season. I give us the edge only because it's at home but this is going to be close. W

10/31 @ Kent - God bless Paul Haynes. Probably the nicest guy in the MAC and deserves better than this situation. At this point I can't help but wonder if Kent ultimately wants to just concentrate on basketball. W.

11/7 @ Buffalo - I'd like to think by this point we've got things pretty well figured out. Buffalo was hideous last year. W

11/15 vs. Toledo - gently caress TOLEDO gently caress TOLEDO gently caress TOLEDO gently caress TOLEDO goddamnit we're going to lose the 8th in a row to them aren't we :smith: Rivalry aside, god drat has Toledo been spectacular over the last 8-9 years. I have to give them credit. L

11/21 @ EMU - Holy poo poo we finish the season before Thanksgiving :psyduck: I can't help but be happy for the Eagles after last year. Holy poo poo that had to be so cathartic for that program and any fan that stuck by them for the last like 3 decades. Toss-up.

BEST CASE: Jinks' system takes hold and the coaches get up to speed, now having had a year under their belts. Finally take a win from Toledo. Get back to the MAC championship where we could easily see UT in a rematch. Steal one at Northwestern. Finish 10-2.
WORST CASE: Repeat of last year's debacle and be lucky to finish with 6 wins.
LIKELY CASE: 7-8 wins. I have faith in Jinks for now and he quietly did a hell of a job on the recruiting trail. Being able to pull Texas and Florida kids to the MAC is no easy task and it should be a blast seeing some of them get to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

On the other side, Bob Diaco, who I thought was a really good hire, is switching to a 3-4. I don't know if we have the depth up front for a smooth transition; we'll see. We had one of the better secondaries in the B1G before CB Chris Jones tore his meniscus a couple weekends ago.

Diaco was a fantastic hire and he ran a bend-but-don't-break 3-4 at Notre Dame. It needs your inside LBs to cover a lot of ground but if you can do that, it'll work nicely.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

this is phenomenal

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

Pretty sure both Arizona schools are gonna be serious trash this year

Yep. I get the feeling RichRod was already on a short leash and now there's a new AD. Graham is already really missing Mike Norvell and I doubt he's long for that job either.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

TIMELINE

- Riley fired
- Interim HC Bob Diaco coaches team to Foster Farms Bowl victory; earns support of players for full-time gig
- AD hires Jeff Fisher as new head coach
- Bob Diaco returns to Lincoln as head coach in 2021

~And such is the circle of life~

This would be amazing hahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Wisconsin Badgers Predictions

Utah State - Eat poo poo
Florida Atlantic University (Go Owls) - gently caress You
@BYU - Eat poo poo
Northwestern - gently caress You
@Nebraska - Eat poo poo
Purdue - gently caress You
Maryland - Eat poo poo
@Illinois - gently caress You
@Indiana - Eat poo poo
Iowa - gently caress You
Michigan - Eat poo poo
@Minnesota - gently caress You

Big Ten Championship Game - Loss

Hahahaha I love this

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

WE COMING FOR YOU, WILDCATS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:yeah:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I've always kept a soft spot in my heart for UC and I hope fickell works well for them. I get that it was a loaded OSU team but to go from position coach to HC of a major rear end program was nuts.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Fickell's job was basically to just hold the fort for a year while all the suspensions and the Tressell stuff blew over. It wasn't a good season but the whole thing was a writeoff anyway

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

yall just got your poo poo pushed in big time by maryland. what the gently caress makes you think that you can beat usc

because he's el penis

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DJExile posted:

BOWLING FUCKIN" GREEN YALL. gently caress P5, GET MACTION
WORST CASE: Repeat of last year's debacle and be lucky to finish with 6 wins.

Oh my god we won't even get 3. Holy poo poo get turbofucked Dino Babers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dino's a good playcaller and knows his offense well.

BG's defense was gradually becoming a mess under him though after Clawson built it up.

• Locked thread