Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington made the Playoff last year! That was an unexpected but pleasant surprise, as Cris Petersen's rebuild finished ahead of schedule. We even gave Bama a decent fight for like, 1 1/2 quarters, which technically counts as a win, right?

Anyway, with Jake Browning back, the Huskies should be favorites to win the Pac-12 North again, but they lost a ton of experienced talent on both sides of the ball and USC owned our souls last year. Getting back to the Playoff is probably a pipe dream, but hey, it's nice to be nationally relevant again.

Key departures: WR John Ross, S Budda Baker, CB Sidney Jones, CB Kevin King, DL Joe Mathis
Key returning players: QB Jake Browning, RB Myles Gaskin, WR Dante Pettis, OT Trey Adams, DT Vea Vita, LB Azeem Victor

@ Rutgers: lol W
vs. Montana: lol W
vs. Fresno State: Another OOC jobber to pad our record. W
@ Colorado: I think the Buffs pull the upset at home to dash our playoff hopes early. L
@ Oregon State: I believe the Beavers are still poo poo. W
vs. Cal: Sure, why not. W
@ Arizona State: This is a tossup since we never play well in the desert, but tentative W
vs. UCLA: God loving damnit Jim Mora is gonna beat us in Seattle isn't he L
vs. Oregon: HOLY poo poo WE FINALLY BEAT OREGON LAST YEAR. They'll probably be better this year but gently caress it let's start a new streak W
@ Stanford: Nah, don't see it happening on the road. The Cardinal clinch the North here. L
vs. Utah: This team is always a tough out but I think we'll squeeze it out. W
vs. Washington State: Mike Leach seems to have no interest in taking the Apple Cup seriously. W

Best case: 11-1, beat Oregon again, repeat as Pac-12 champs.
What I expect: 9-3, hang around the Top 25 all year, win our bowl game.
Worst case: 7-5, We lose all our tossup games and annoying fans try to make "Seven Win Pete" a thing.

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

Washington

@ Arizona State: This is a tossup since we never play well in the desert, but tentative W

Best case: 11-1, beat Oregon again, repeat as Pac-12 champs.
What I expect: 9-3, hang around the Top 25 all year, win our bowl game.
Worst case: 7-5, We lose all our tossup games and annoying fans try to make "Seven Win Pete" a thing.

Yeah, seems about right. We'll lose to Stanford and let's say Utah to get that 9-3 and fart around in the Holiday Bowl

• Locked thread