Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
University of Georgia:

Game 1: App State - 85/15
Theoretically should be a fairly simple game to start off the season, but if the problems that the team had last year haven't actually been resolved, this could quite possibly turn into a disaster.

Game 2: @Notre Dame - 35/65
I don't know (or care) much about how Notre Dame's team looks this year, or how it looked last year (I think they were bad?), but it'll be an away game against a prestige program on national TV, and any two of those three have often boded ill for Georgia. Not optimistic

Game 3: Samford - 99/1
UGA almost blew it against Nichols State last year, but I'm fairly confident that won't happen here. Samford is....not a good football team.

Game 4: Mississippi State - 70/30
Miss. State has a reputation of making a lot happen with pretty scant resources, but I think that the home field advantage will give us a comfortable edge here. Of course, either team could be much worse or much better than I thought, making a hilarious blowout for either side possible.

Game 5: @Tennessee - 20/80
I always assume the worst when Georgia plays Tennessee, and even getting out of Knoxville with a win is usually a Pyrrhic victory where we lose 2 or 3 starters to turf goblins.

Game 6: @ Vanderbilt - 75/25
Vanderbilt has certainly beat us before, and I wouldn't be too terribly shocked if they did it again, but I don't think that we're gonna let them get away with beating us two years in a row. Of course, if this year's Georgia team is as bad or (god forbid) worse than last year's, well...

Game 7: Missouri - 55/45
Our games against Mizzou have often been close-run affairs, no matter where they've been played (with two exceptions, one blowout each for both team, ironically at the other team's stadium). I doubt that that will change, and think that, like most editions of this series, it'll come down to who's less tired/more lucky in the 4th quarter.

Game 8: Florida - 10/90
I only have a working memory of 5 Georgia wins over Florida for my entire life. Not gonna get my hopes up.

Game 9: South Carolina - 70/30
Home field advantage, plus this series seems a bit less intimidating with Spurrier gone. That's not to say that Muschamp didn't humiliate us twice over during his tenure at Florida, but USC is not UF, in terms of either resources or the fear it seems to inspire among the troops.

Game 10: @Auburn - 55/45
As with every pre-season, Auburn is expected to be a contender for the SEC title this year. Maybe they're right (I don't buy it), but Georgia has been very frequently able to derail even some very promising Auburn seasons (and would have derailed the 2013 season if not for some truly insane all-time historic bullshit luck). Home field advantage also seems to be a non-factor in this rivalry.

Game 11: Kentucky - 75/25
Kentucky has gotten better in the past few years, but I still assume that they're a fairly easy foe to overcome. Georgia could have trouble if this is a sleepy noontime kickoff, or, as I've said above, if the team is worse than I expect it to be.

Game 12: @Georgia Tech - 60/40
Recent history in this series has Georgia doing all it can to lose games in the final five minutes, and Georgia Tech only occasionally capitalizing on those gifts. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully the team is hungry for revenge from last year, and hopefully the season wasn't such a shitshow that we'll still have something to play for besides pride. Or a bowl berth.

This gives me a (very low confidence) prediction of a 9-3 record, which seems right in line with the Georgia I've known and loved for the past 20 years. As a side note, our home game schedule is DIRE, like Jesus those are some bad games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Bravo for making me actually read a whole post about Ohio State instead of scrolling past in disgust.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

I appreciate reading the post of another UGA connoisseur :clint:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Duckaerobics posted:

The interesting thing to me is I think there is a definite chance Auburn could go 10-2 and fire Gus if those losses are to UGA and Bama.

Ah, the old Mark Richt treatment.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Lessail posted:

UNLV Rebels

They sucked last year. They sucked the year before. They've basically always sucked. Will this year be different with redshirt freshman Armani Rogers at QB?

Nope.

9/2 vs Howard - W - not even UNLV could gently caress this up

lmao. lmao.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

I defer my midseason update until we know the outcome of the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

HannibalBarca posted:

I defer my midseason update until we know the outcome of the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party

Update:

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA gonna win the natty y'all go dawgs sic'um

that is all

• Locked thread