Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Oklahoma Sooners

For the first time that I've been aware that OU football was A Thing, Bob Stoops is not the head football coach. I am cautiously optimistic for Lincoln Riley, though part of that is the probably misguided hope that he, like Bob before him and other coaches elsewhere, will overperform with the talent he inherits for the first couple years.

The offense, while losing 3 of the top 4 playmakers, should still be fairly potent behing returning Heisman finalist Baker Mayfield and what is being billed as possibly the best O-line in the country. The defense will be...probably much the same defense OU has fielded the last decade. Not horrible, but not really what's needed to compete for a national championship.

Week 1: UTEP 98%
Players will probably be pretty jacked up for Riley's inaugural game as HC. OU has come out slow in openers before, but don't see it happening here.

Week 2: @Ohio State 40%
I'm more optimistic about this one than most, but even so tOSU still likely has this. I'm optimistic for a few reasons, not the least because I'm going to the game and please dear God let us loving beat Ohio State while I'm in Columbus with dad please dear Jesus

Week 3: Tulane 85%
Should be another comfortable win, but Tulane is better than UTEP and the hangover from Ohio State could be pretty rough.

Week 4: @Baylor 70%
gently caress Baylor

Week 5: BYE

Week 6: Iowa State 90%
Iowa State will be improved, but we'll win this.

Week 7: Texas @ Dallas 60%
First time since 1947 both OU and Texas have new coaches in the same year. Herman certainly had our number in last year's opener, but I don't know if that was more him or more us being asleep for the game. OU has the better squad than Texas, but this game--like all good rivalries--is always loving weird and who the hell knows.

Week 8: @Kansas State 35%
This one has L written all over it. I imagine this is Snyder's last year, and this is his best squad in a few seasons. Week after Texas.

Week 9: Texas Tech 95%
We avenge our first conference loss on unfortunately hapless Tech by blowing their doors off.

Week 10: @Oklahoma State 50%
It's always the same bullshit with the 'Pokes. THIS IS THEIR YEAR! Until they lose to Iowa State or Central Michigan or something. That said, they're supposed to be good this year, the game is in Stillwater, and Gundy has in fact beaten OU TWO TIMES in 12 years!

Week 11: TCU 65%
TCU is usually a weird one for us. I could see this one going any which way, especially depending on how the Bedlam game turns out.

Week 12: @Kansas 90%
Kansas may be better this year, but not better enough.

Week 13: WVU 75%
Holgorson always fields competent teams, but I don't think the Mountaineers get their first Big 12 win against OU this year. If, however, OU has already lost 3 or so games by this point, the chances of WVU increase dramatically.

Big 12 Championship Game: Oklahoma State 50%
Whoever wins the regular season tilt loses this one.

Expected pre-bowl record: 10-3. 1 (or no) losses and a playoff berth definitely within the realm of possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Quote =/= edit

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

General Dog posted:

Texas A&M

8-5

So does Sumlin get fired mid- or post-season?

• Locked thread