Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
All your favorite games like Super Mario World and Starfox are back in one convenient package, in September, but you might want to preorder this one because so many people are looking forward to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm set dressing to make 30-somethings feel retro and hip, unaware that this is the equivalent of their parents buying new vinyl prints of Zeppelin and Hendrix to hang up in their rumpus rooms.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I'm the 30-something who just can't quite let go of the past

edit: beaten

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

seriouspost: I feel no solace in looking fondly into the past. I only crave the sickness of the dim future ahead.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
I preordered a few and look forward to flipping them to manchildren for a huge profit immediately.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
i alreaddy modded my wii to have all these old games why would I pay for a limited version>?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm definitely going to buy like 6-10 of these and sell them on ebay for 4x as much and nobody can do jack poo poo about it. also i'm gonna keep one for myself and play it in a tropical location which i will fly to with the money i made.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

quote:

The Super NES Classic Edition comes out in September

No I knew it wasn't straight for like 20 years now

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Catastrophe posted:

Lol

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Nintendo is so gay

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Super mario world is a bad game

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I'm super stoked to pay top dollar for a rehashed game console that I can buy on Craigslist for 35 bucks.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Putty posted:

Super mario world is a bad game

This is possibly the worst opinion ever posted in gbs.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
No doom, no wolf 3d, trash.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Cool, I hope it has pit fighter

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

does it have kirby dream course?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Hell Yeah posted:

does it have kirby dream course?

yes of COURSE heh

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

theperminator posted:

I preordered a few and look forward to flipping them to manchildren for a huge profit immediately.

Holy poo poo the NES ones go for 250 + on ebay.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Did you know that you can hook up a android or some poo poo and play all games ever made and also ones not even made yet???

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
It has Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dream Course, Starfox, and Starfox 2

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Holy poo poo the NES ones go for 250 + on ebay.

I got two pre ordered and if they're going for that much then it's flip city for both

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i didnt care about the nes but i aint a computer nerd wot can do roms and such so i got that poo poo preordered through walmart

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Catastrophe posted:

bazinga

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
well op, wake me up, when september ends

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
It comes with a replica Super NES controller that you can plug in to a wii mote and use to play other SNES games on the Wii

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Supreme Allah posted:

I got two pre ordered

Blue Raider posted:

i got that poo poo preordered through walmart

Probably not: https://techraptor.net/content/walmart-snes-classic-pre-orders-cancelled

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

yea i saw that, and yet, my order persists

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Lots of people had their orders cancelled and lots more did not

Mine isnt cancelled yet,

I suspect due to the randomness of the cancellations it was just idiots in a rush who put some info in wrong.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Supreme Allah posted:

Lots of people had their orders cancelled and lots more did not

Mine isnt cancelled yet,

I suspect due to the randomness of the cancellations it was just idiots in a rush who put some info in wrong.

see, im a dumb fucker. i already had my poo poo entered trying to get a switch

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
at last I can recapture the fleeting glory of my teenage years at street fighter 2

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Some people were posting screen grabs of conversations with Walmart reps who said they're all being cancelled. But I mean we're talking about a video game toy so who knows if it's just dorks doctoring poo poo to try to get people to cancel? I dunno.

I hope it works out for you guys. Hell I'm still kicking myself for not flipping the Wii I got at launch for 1k+ profit.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dogmeat posted:

Some people were posting screen grabs of conversations with Walmart reps who said they're all being cancelled. But I mean we're talking about a video game toy so who knows if it's just dorks doctoring poo poo to try to get people to cancel? I dunno.

I hope it works out for you guys. Hell I'm still kicking myself for not flipping the Wii I got at launch for 1k+ profit.

ah there were also twitter shots of walmarts twitter (lol) being all pumped ppl got their preorder. that whole company is a clusterfuck

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Buccaneer posted:

It has Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dream Course, Starfox, and Starfox 2
This is a pretty good lineup with lots of replay value it's a pity no one who buys one of these overpriced ROM casings will play any one of them for more than an hour.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I'm not buying it unless it comes with the teenage angst I experienced while playing it the first time.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
u kno u can play old games on the internet for free instead of buying a lovely console replica with a 2 foot controller cord

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Raider posted:

see, im a dumb fucker. i already had my poo poo entered trying to get a switch

How's the switch

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

I'm set dressing to make 30-somethings feel retro and hip, unaware that this is the equivalent of their parents buying new vinyl prints of Zeppelin and Hendrix to hang up in their rumpus rooms.

You say that, but my kids are into that crap.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Lol "maga man"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Im the blithering simpleton who cant make his own emulator box by following the most simple of youtube tutorials made by 13 year olds

Heres 200 dollars nintendo. Please gently caress my tender rear end

• Locked thread