Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

WWE 2k17 is a wrestling game developed by Yuke's and Visual Concepts, published by 2K Sports. Unlike it's title would suggest, it is the 18th entry released in 2016. It features comprehensive character customisation, entrance customisation, victory customisation, even stadium customisation. And yes, you can tweak every move in your movelist. This game is a wrestling fan's wet dream and if you're into wrestling but don't have either this or Fire Pro Wrestling you are making a serious mistake. I'm no wrestling expert, but I've always enjoyed a good WWE game.

What's new in 2k17?

The main new features is the "Promo Engine". Now, I've never actually watched the WWE, but my understanding is that before matches or even without one, the WWE lets wrestlers speak their minds to the WWE Universe and initiate rivalries and feuds in that way.

What's the Career mode?

The career mode is the individual story of one player made wrestler working their way up from NXT into the Hall of Fame. May or may not include a hall of fame. We're assigned matches and have to weave a tale that is strong and persuasive to a loving or hating audience.

What the gently caress is a wrestle?

As I too am not a wrestlemaniac, here is a glossary that I'll be updating for our own sanity. The typical way a wrestle works though, is you usually have a pair or a group of wrestlers and they beat eachother up. The wrestler who successfully gets on top of another wrestler for over three seconds is declared the wrestle victor.

WWE Universe: The audience.

Superstar: Wrestler.

Kayfabe: Staying in character, all the time.

Face: Somebody the crowd loves to love, they cheer for them and they are a righteous wrestler.

Heel: Somebody the crowd loves to hate, they ought to be booed but most people prefer heels and so the WWE gets embarrassed frequently when their poster child gets booed and the guy poised to kick his teeth in gets cheered.

The Authority: I think this is the WWE itself, personified by Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. People don't like them?

Corpseing: When you try to stay in kayfabe, but break it. Just can't keep it up.

Promo: Where wrestlers get to either embarrass themselves or others publicly.

Battlefleet Gothic Armada - Epilogue WWE 2k17 - Prologue

Career, Part 1 - Admiral Spire vs Kevin Owens

HerpicleOmnicron5 fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Reserved

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Good Luck, I haven't enjoyed any wrestling games since the late 2000's(? maybe earlier) and 2k16 is hot garbage imo.

Don't forget about corpseing!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Good Luck, I haven't enjoyed any wrestling games since the late 2000's(? maybe earlier) and 2k16 is hot garbage imo.

Don't forget about corpseing!

I did, but no WWE game after Here Comes the Pain is truly good. All downhill from that. Career mode is fun, for a while. Too bad the roster of NXT, the good show, is so limited.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The only good thing 2K16 gave us was VGCW.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Admiral Spire vs Kevin Owens
in the first match of Admiral Spire's career.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

The only good thing 2K16 gave us was VGCW.

VGCW was 13/14

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

And the best thing I've ever seen on Twitch.

First VGCW match I ever saw was Phoenix Wright vs Dracula, I think in a ladder match, and the chat was going loving nuts for everything and it was beautiful

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Those games all start looking the same after a while.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
I too wondered what Adamarial Squeer did after his success in the Gothic sector.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

But where's his fur lined pimp coat?! IT AIN'T REAL NO MORE, BROTHER!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Admiral Spire vs Seth Rollins
. The beginning of the Second Gothic War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

The only good thing 2K164 gave us was VGCWthe LPFWA.

Also I'm interested to see this, since I love career modes in wrasslin' games and have been looking into getting 2k17 for myself

• Locked thread