Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEKEjpTzB0Q&t=22s

Confirming! Let's do this thang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Jeez y'all post a lot

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, also I just realized I don't even know if we get to find out publicly who went where. If so, I will be judging everyone for their choices.

I doubt this is the case, because then it makes it super easy to figure out who got the advantages and disadvantages probably.

Quidthulhu posted:

also that joke falls flat if you don't put yourself as town imho

lol

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

Having said that, I'm not seeing what you all are seeing.

Ditto on this pretty much. I'm pretty sure Quid's a lot like me I think where we both think about our metas a lot. It's weirder to push a case on what nothing that was.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

Is there anything in the last 160 posts that is worthwhile

Eh :shrug:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Max posted:

The scummiest of emotes.

That's definitely :sterv:

gif Probst posted:

not interacting, not shitposting, doing setup spec feels like breadcrumbing to me for late game "hey i tried to figure things out early this is town"

I kiiiind of agree with this? Setup spec is good, but hats stuff is about a N0 flip that is just a flip. His response to was a bit awk too and twinged the gut.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

I mean, I've got other stuff feeding into the setup spec, but I don't think it'd be a good idea to blare it all out immediately before I've seen anything else.

Also, reading shitposting or the lack thereof as an alignment tell seems pretty dumb to me.

That's fine, and the lack of shitposting is the least important thing imo, but you've only really discussed that setup spec sort of isolated from everything that's been going on. Do you have any thoughts about anybody else so far?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

Real talk, Jeabus opened with

I thought it was odd because I couldn't initially tell if I'm town. I'm definitely anti-scum but I couldn't confirm if I am part of the town "faction."

So I asked about the n0 flip which purports to show the demise of one of my enemies, but Jeabus didn't express an opinion on whether it was good and so I think they're ducking me.

His first bit didn't twinge me, but I totally see what your talking about in regards of the push. This is solid.

Bifauxnen posted:

I can't actually figure out if you are actually implying n0 actions existed or not? Like I could understand questioning just the nature of the n0 plotpoint flavor, it is unusual to kick off a game of Mafia with an n0 plot death that's scum instead of town. But.... not really in this case, when you look at the flavor. I find it suss that you wouldn't notice that detail if you were thinking that much about it. Especially if you were town.

I think a lot of people just really really wanted that scum dead. An uninformed majority of people, as it were.

This is also really good, especially because of how Pod emphasized how important flavor is.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Also, I think this is right:

##vote MMT

She hasn't poked me yet at all and that is usually one of the first things she does when I'm in a game. Combined with what I feel is labored reasoning to vote Asiina, I think this is a good vote.

I don't see this at all? What do you think about Hats and Jeabus?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

It could be slightly scummy that MMT's vote is still on Asiina but Asiina hasn't answered her question about that whole thing and it's really early in the day.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm trying to gauge if 8Bux is faking content here - what is even slightly scummy about me leaving the solitary vote on someone this early on D1?

* (hi btw! really glad to see you playing Mafia again :j:)

I was trying to use that to say how TMM's case was bad – like that was the most I could read into it and that wasn't even scummy – not to say you are scum. Does that make any sense at all?

*(also hi! i'm glad too! I've missed ya'll :shobon:)

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

TMMadman posted:

As far as I can tell Jeabus only has 2 other games under his name and if that is truly the case, then I'm probably not going to be interested in voting for him on D1 unless he actually scum claims.

Now if he's played before under a different name, I would be much more likely to vote him today.

So Jeabus, have you played here before under a different name?

So what are your feelings on Jeabus compared to MMT? Do you think they're scummier? Because you're not actually saying much here.

What about Hatman?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

you weren't asking me, but i think he's kinda scummy for pushing setup spec hard as a good thing on D1 of a vastly complicated game

Are you talking about my stuff about Hat? Because I don't think I'm really pushing setup spec, rather showing how people were talking about the N0 thing and not commenting on the actual discussions going on at the time.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Setup spec can be good, when used with evidence and night actions and the like. What I'm against is spec that is used to contribute without actual interaction, like I felt Hat was doing.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

I was more teasing Quid for lurking through his last few games than I was calling him scummy. We were knee-deep in jokephase so I figured that was clear?

I read this as a question wonk wonk.

Murmur Twin posted:

I was more teasing Quid for lurking through his last few games than I was calling him scummy. We were knee-deep in jokephase so I figured that was clear?

I'm confused about the Lil Mac thing. I don't think scum is going to be so loud about this shouting "I'm town" and putting the focus on them by stating the alignment right away to get into the game.

Mac, what do you think about each of the votes on you?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Hey MMT, what do you think about Max and pera? I promise I'll look at Quid tomorrow while I'm at work as payment.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Hey don't knock the questions. It's the best way to get people to make connections to people.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I'm asking these specifically because I'm not feeling those votes on Little Mac that popped up all of the sudden. It's hitting my gut.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

It's white noise and you were doing the same earlier about Hats.

Who is scum and why?

There's a lot of quiet people that I want to hear from, but right now I'm not feeling good about pera, basically for the reasons MMT said. And that "3P" part for her vote post for Little Mac doesn't sit well with me.

Other than that, I'm not used to Asiina being so quiet and not reading other people. I also want to hear more from TMM, since after his earlier bad vote he hasn't talked about much and the part that he did was hedging.

Also it's not white noise at all :mad:

Also also thanks MMT! I'll return the favor tomorrow.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Max posted:

Do we know they already had the info?

We don't but either way I don't see it being in any way scummy. If scum didn't know, then there you go. If scum did know then they aren't going to draw so much attention towards themselves. I think they'd be more likely to do the "oh I thought I was 3p too" and just leave it be.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

peramene posted:

Flavor matters, Mac hosed up, doesn't want to see why, that's good enough for me on d1. We now return you to your tail-feather posturing already in progress.

But how is that scummy versus just stupid? Where do you see the scumness of it all?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

So Quid thoughts.

The one thing I think is weird in the Quid/MMT thing is how hard Quid keeps pushing that he hasn't been following the original Hats interaction.

Quidthulhu posted:

But full disclosure, I haven't had time to read the initial interaction that everyone's talking about, so I'm looking more at how people are discussing it than the actual event. In that regards, I think you're being genuine.

quote:

I've already said that I haven't really reviewed all the N0 setup spec stuff and have been looking more at what people are saying about it / each other because I think that's more useful. You are picking some Hats quotes that are before the delineation I posted of my suspicion.

It's odd because he's addressing MMT's argument, but not actually talking about what MMT is asking him for. Like why not just go back and say, "I don't find that that scummy" or "I agree with X" instead of avoiding talking about it at all? It's not like it would take a lot, since he's said he's paid attention to the aftermath.

Yeah, but she's dropped another vote on him, and her argument isn't even "this guy could be scum." It's just "this guy did something that is anti-town" for reasons. Like this stuff:

quote:

I stand by my standing vote, and the fountainhead of my read is that assuming scum has a vanilla PM and explicitly starting the flavor of town alignment is playing against that alignment, intentionally or not. Refusal to see that, I don't care why, is just about as scummy as I can comfortably day say anyone gets d1. If he's town, per his own admission, who gives a poo poo?

Reads more like trying to find a reason to justify the vote.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Considering the other part of the read is also based on a meaningless jokepost, Birdstrike fished real hard for that and I'm super suspicious of anyone who said that it was a good read, Asiina especially

Why do you suspect Asiina the most of the bunch?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Max posted:

Oh and TMM is pinging me hard because

He is just way too concerned about how people are viewing him and not doing enough actual casing. Would vote him quite hard.

This is the way I'm feeling too, like this post especially.

TMMadman posted:

And for the record, I don't see either Hats or Jeabus as particularly scummy right now. I feel like they are being more awkward than scummy. Jeabus is still a newer player and Hats always seems awkward in the early game. However, I will remain wary of Hats because I believe Hats has used that awkwardness as a cover before.

It's so couching when it comes to Hats, making a point that he's more awkward than scummy but then the last sentence backs away from that assertion with reasonable doubt.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Bif how do you already have over 100 posts in this game.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Because for as much as I talked about the n0 kill, and about flavor in general, I managed to skip over the flavor text for the actual kill because I was so taken aback by the kill being on Scum. Because of that, I thought the scenario was more "there's a bunch of people who all hate the Chauvin de la Frenieres on the train, who don't exactly have it in them to commit outright murder, but there's also someone out there whose grudge goes further, and a bloodbath ensues as the townies start feeling opportunistic" than "the townies all got together and merked a dude without an inciting event to get things rolling".

Also, question I'd like to ask, though I doubt I'm getting an answer: Are there any town out there with an alignment other than "Vengeance"?

Hey Hats, outside of the alignment stuff, do you have any thoughts about anybody?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Eight Dollars posted:

Hey Hats, outside of the alignment stuff, do you have any thoughts about anybody?

Doesn't have to be a lot, just give us some short things on people!

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

?!?!?!?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

That's the way I play. Sorry if that bugs you, but I'm asking people like Hat for reads to get some connections down. If you'd like me to take a look at someone, just suggest it and I will.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I agree with this

?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Yo I just decided my character definitely has a moustache.

:moustache:

TMM popped in, basically dropped a few self-conscious meta reads on himself, and peaced out without actually laying down anything. That feels real bad to me. Mith feels a bit better to me, since they've been commenting on some stuff as it went on.

Hats is still pinging me because he's obviously following, but he's still focusing on his N0 stuff and thread filler. His gif probst read sounds like an overclarified OMGUS.

Lil Mac and Hal should post more too :goleft:.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Lumpen posted:

Bah gawd that's LUMPEN'S music!

Hi friends I have read nothing yet please tell me what is relevant so far in the form of bullet-pointed links. Each player please give me up to 3 post-links that they consider the most damning and scumtellery or relevant to the gamestate, that nobody else linked to. I will read these first and then as I have time catch up on the whole game with the unique perspective tinged by those posts to guide my Scumdar.

Good luck Lumpen. This game is a tidal wave of arguments.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Little Mac posted:

Like how do you read that as "angry" rather than "flippant?"

Is this the post you're reading as the "annoyed" post?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

This game!

I don't really see the Hats-involved case of gif probst. He has been a bit hedgy on votes and not really doing anything but responding to the hats thing for the most part recently, but I feel his KB thing and his interactions with MMT are genuine. Wouldn't vote rn.

I'm ok with Hats, TMM, and Pera in that order probably.

peramene posted:

with such a huge game my recommendation/thought would be to narrow the prospective list to the above eight people and suss out what to do with our shot in the dark, I will begrudgingly vote if/when there is a simple majority but obvi I have no interest in leading any charges myself or pretending anything happening on day 1 has any meaning on day 1

Urgle

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

TMMadman posted:

So 8bux, why exactly are you OK with dunking me?

I don't recall your reasoning.

You're hedgy and talking but not really saying anything. Even your big post where you talked about people didn't say much of anything when you got down to it. There were a few slight calls, but that's all.

Plus stuff stuff like this:

quote:

I have asked people before to look at people and confirm my thoughts. It's maybe a bit rarer for me to do it, but it's not out of the ordinary.

Is hitting my gut pretty strongly!

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

##vote Hats. Ok with pera too.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I actually have a breather from this nightmare day of work yaaaay.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

TMMadman posted:

And I'm always amused when people take an honest statement and try to twist it to suit their needs. Why does that last post hit your gut? Maybe other people don't see it the same way, but I feel what I said there was an honest assessment of my play.

That's just an example of the kind of posting I'm talking about. You're posting so much about how you post and your meta and it doesn't sit right with me. It feels like talking a lot but continuing to be

Lumpen posted:

This peramene bandwagon seems sudden. Mithross is the only one with even a justification based on a specific post. What's the case in 3 bullets? I am convincable.

Basically it all stems from her vote on Lil Mac, which is bad but the more important post is here. Then doubling down with not talking about anything outside of D1 being bad (which is it, but there's been a lot of stuff so far to reach for). When pressed she gets floaty and puts down a lot of "don't knows". Plus the Mithross post.

Asiina posted:

Real talk, I don't feel strongly enough about anyone to not vote them to prevent a no lynch, but I'd prefer not to vote pera, Quid, MMT, and Birb.

What's your take on Hats Asiina?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

You beat me to it Mith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pink, who of the people who have votes right now do you think is scummy?

• Locked thread