Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Ah, this looks like the thread for me. I just finished this and I'm very pleased with it.

title is: Manifesto. There's a big story behind this but I'll just say I put a lot of work into this. Used a texture from wikimedia commons (credit: Wilfredo), photos I took myself locally, and a picture from a nature conservancy magazine for the background (subscribed per suggestion from Stefan Thompson - another artist I admire - when he allowed me to print his art to put in my apartment). Obviously this is about being in masks all year and how it has impacted us, though when I started it I didn't realize it would be that. every piece just starts with putting a pencil or pen to paper and seeing what comes out.

Working on a lot of projects, though right now my left middle finger is broken so the cast limits me.

My process is hand drawn, turned digital and mixed media. I just got myself a ruler for the first time in years and that's giving me a lot of ideas, but one thing at a time.

I used to post here all the time, but I got self conscious. Haven't stopped making things, though.

Also: ooh VR paint above. I have an Index, I should look into that, those are cool. One makes me think of Rick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
Welp. image links not loading

Magugu fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 15, 2021

comforthawk
Apr 15, 2018

Finished this for my friend after a few weeks of like... joy-sucking miasma
The "finished something!!!" serotonin drip really is something :unsmith:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Ooooh this is the thread for me!

So last summer I made the decision to follow my dream and study filmmaking and actually properly learn to make films and poo poo. In between various COVID-19 lockdowns, I managed to get some actors together, collbe locations and filming permits, borrow college equipment (which I thoroughly cleaned before giving back to the college), and contacted a musician to seek his permission to use his track for the closing scene of the film, and I FINISHED MY FIRST SHORT MOVIE! I've entered it into a local film festival and am still waiting to see if it gets accepted, so figners crossed it'll be good enough for screening at it. I'm incredibly happy with the final result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=367d5TdulDA

rainmstr
Sep 8, 2021

NOOB IN REAL LIFE :stonklol:

(please talk to me I'm lonely)
I made an apple and I think it looks really good
https://imgur.com/a/gyLpnW7
:woop:

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

rainmstr posted:

I made an apple and I think it looks really good
https://imgur.com/a/gyLpnW7
:woop:

I like this apple!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Old digital practice painting I found buried in my hard drive (NSFW)

I might try to frame it!

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Hi there! Somehow I forgot that SA has creative forums until now, oops.
I got sober early this year and all of the creative energy I had been suppressing for ten years started spilling out into everything. I was introduced to Electric Zine Maker by a dear friend in a support group and it felt like my brain exploded with all the opportunities I saw for it as a tool. I've written four zines this year (working primarily in digital painting and collage) and I'm working on a fifth, but I'm letting it come naturally and not forcing it. The stuff I've been making is very heavy and has a lot to do with therapy and trauma and other "fun" things but it's been extremely cathartic. I love being able to stick my problems to a page and squint at them until they're made into two-dimensional memories instead of the ever-present boogeymen that have been chasing me since I was a child. I just finished putting together an itch page for my art a few days ago and I'm really excited to show the world my stuff and see what people think. My itch page is https://meat-machine.itch.io/ and everything is free because I don't feel comfortable charging for my art this early. Thank you!

E: here is a link to read my zines if you don't want to download: https://iamnotyourbabe.tumblr.com/tagged/my-art

number 1 snake fan fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 16, 2021

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I've been making mostly earrings as a hobby for over a decade but I started I drawing and painting backdrop type art to display them on handmade cards that I make and that art is what I most proud of.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979339

Its an SA Mart thread but I'm referring to the art on the cards. ^^

Spinz fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 18, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I recently made this facsimile of a Youtube Tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARSAtHSgNe4

hours upon hours of research into both actual necromancy and Youtube tutorials went into this video to ensure it was as accurate as possible. I also forced the main actor to watch some very bad Youtube videos to get the overly enthusiastic attitude and weird cadence down.

and I think it turned out pretty good for having zero budget and all the props and costumes being something I threw together.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I made a mouse!

I am never again making anything with such tiny little claws, drat that was fiddly.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Organza Quiz posted:

I made a mouse!

I am never again making anything with such tiny little claws, drat that was fiddly.

:allears:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Organza Quiz posted:

I made a mouse!

That's a great little guy

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That mouse is amazing.

Also I made this as a gift, and remain really proud of it! :buddy:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

idk if renders are on here

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I know it's probably stupid garbage and I'm a bad person or artist for tracing but I'm doing a Pathfinder thing and I found a guy's art (who has taken all of his art offline like 7 years ago for some reason) and I thought it fit really well, so I traced the whole thing and colored it myself

Here's the source image, the original artist is maximusmk1

But still, it took me five hours of work (I gave up on the background lol don't judge me too hard) but people still say it looks good and I feel moderately proud of it

GideonKalveJarvis
Feb 18, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I know it's probably stupid garbage and I'm a bad person or artist for tracing but I'm doing a Pathfinder thing and I found a guy's art (who has taken all of his art offline like 7 years ago for some reason) and I thought it fit really well, so I traced the whole thing and colored it myself

But still, it took me five hours of work (I gave up on the background lol don't judge me too hard) but people still say it looks good and I feel moderately proud of it

Am I racist for saying the humanified version you did looks better than the original?

Well...your version looks better than the original. In my opinion, of course. The background's "fuzz" effect creates a nice, misty foreboding sense, which creates a good backdrop to the look/feel of the character in question. Speaking of said character, I'm getting a powerful Solomon Kane vibe from him (not the film version, though...well, maybe a little, but I really didn't like that movie). All he needs is a battered Puritan hat to make that particular thought-image complete.

GideonKalveJarvis
Feb 18, 2011

Organza Quiz posted:

I made a mouse!

Mousie!!! ^.^

Seriously, though, you did a fantastic job on the tiny little paws. Besides them being adorable (which is beside the point in serious critique), as you noted yourself, hands/paws/delicate appendages of all sorts are objectively hard to make look right. Well, yours look great on this li'l guy, and you deserve praise for the work.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Couldn't get this idea to work so decided to scrap it. Was gonna trash but I also put a lot of time into trying to turn it around so I'll just post it here.

At the very least I learned how to plan things out a bit more from the experience.

this is rad, I would buy a print.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That's a perfectly good Venom.

Full of character.

GideonKalveJarvis
Feb 18, 2011

Parrotine posted:

Couldn't get this idea to work so decided to scrap it. Was gonna trash but I also put a lot of time into trying to turn it around so I'll just post it here.

At the very least I learned how to plan things out a bit more from the experience.

Sounds like you've already got a pretty good idea of what went wrong, and how. Still, a little critique - but only a little, since that sort of stuff can sting.

Focusing on the positive, I love the colors: the way they clash and contrast is pretty darn cool, in my opinion. The shading and little fiddly details of each character are also interesting, and make for pleasant eye candy, the crunchy sort.

On the negative side, speaking as a non-artist, I'd say that the main issue I see with the work is that the foreground and background characters look more as though they're on the same more-or-less flat plane. Adding some additional perspective to make the contrast between what's closer to the viewer and what's further away seems to be what's needed in this situation.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Nah man go crazy with the crits, you don't improve unless you're willing to throw your darlings under the bus. The main issue I had was the anatomy for Venom, I didn't refine Crocodile (One Piece) very much, your crits are spot on and valid. I agree they seem to view on the same plane, missing that dimensionality that would make for a more satisfying composition. I am very terrible at compositions! :v:

I tend to do a lot of saturation in my color choices, I don't know why but I guess it's cause I think it looks neat? Must have been all those years watching TRON :shrug:

Things like this are examples of something I am proud of:

EDIT: Hrm maybe I should just make an art thread so I don't bogard the mike from the other posters.

EDIT2:

My memory is a bit hazy but I think doing stuff like this was how I got started with art; you may be tracing over another's work but you are also eliminating the huge hurdle that comes with human anatomy, focusing more on building an OC and completing a piece. That goes a looooong towards motivation, anyone who would chew out someone getting their feet wet over this is an rear end in a top hat.

Just do you 👌

White Light fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 10, 2021

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GideonKalveJarvis posted:

Am I racist for saying the humanified version you did looks better than the original?

Well...your version looks better than the original. In my opinion, of course. The background's "fuzz" effect creates a nice, misty foreboding sense, which creates a good backdrop to the look/feel of the character in question. Speaking of said character, I'm getting a powerful Solomon Kane vibe from him (not the film version, though...well, maybe a little, but I really didn't like that movie). All he needs is a battered Puritan hat to make that particular thought-image complete.

You have it the other way around, first image is my version. :saddowns:

Parrotine posted:

EDIT2:

My memory is a bit hazy but I think doing stuff like this was how I got started with art; you may be tracing over another's work but you are also eliminating the huge hurdle that comes with human anatomy, focusing more on building an OC and completing a piece. That goes a looooong towards motivation, anyone who would chew out someone getting their feet wet over this is an rear end in a top hat.

Just do you 👌

Yeah, I'm not very good yet, I mostly just paint on minis, so doing this on my ipad on procreate made me feel good about myself.

GideonKalveJarvis
Feb 18, 2011
Well, since this is a thread to share stuff we made that we're proud of (perhaps in a misguided fashion, but ah well: we do what we can):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6MYxEZbIKFsJfEqla_Q1gyV-rkgSh9Jc

I made a thing!

That's a link to a playlist of a series of Youtube videos I've made, and am making, all about the underlying theory behind roleplaying games, and how to effectively tell stories through them. The first three videos are presently uploaded, but I've got over ten now scheduled to pop up, one per week. Of course, it's strictly amateur hour stuff, as I'm doing everything by myself, and have to learn it all along the way. Still, I hope that what's there is still reasonably all right in quality, and will steadily improve as I get that necessary experience.

And more still to come, though still in the drafting phases presently.

Edit:
And, uh...sorry. I'm sure I've offended folks with what I've already posted. Please forgive my errors: they weren't intentional, and I'll try to avoid them in future.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I've been noodling around with this thing off and on for almost seven years now, and even if it doesn't make me a dime, I'm happy with how it turned out: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JQQCJ92

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
In July I started a new sketchbook and in September I decided "I'm gonna fill this up before the year is over". Just finished the last page. 140 pages of sketches, studies and exercises done in about three months, pretty proud of that!

DrunkMidget
May 29, 2003
'Shag'd Wo'bram?" -Borra
I've been working on helping to shoot a music video project for the last year (COVID really made this difficult) and it's finally mixed, edited and released. I'm super happy with how it came out and was really glad to be a part of the project. Check it out if you have some time, we all think it's pretty good! Crits and feedback always appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwm5p7crA7M

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I self-published a book of my GBS stories!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987158

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

That's amazing! Good for you!!

I did this painting a few days ago and I still like it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

HopperUK posted:

That's amazing! Good for you!!

I did this painting a few days ago and I still like it.

tht's a good omen for your future work imo

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

sebmojo posted:

tht's a good omen for your future work imo

Eyyyyyyyyyyy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSe9HushQ/

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Drawing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ooooo that looks like it took forever, good work

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zoben posted:

Drawing

wow that's incredible

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

sebmojo posted:

wow that's incredible

Thanks! I usually post only in the traditional art thread but I gots to spread it out

Parrotine posted:

Ooooo that looks like it took forever, good work
Thanks! Yeah, I'm a pretty slow illustrator so I worked on it over the course of a few months

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
This picture.

Zoben posted:

Drawing

loving hell. :stare:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

This picture.

I know right? Looks perfect for Elden Ring promotional art, talk about thinking ahead of the curve

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

This picture.

Holy poo poo that's absolutely gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Thank you :kiddo: