Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The thing I don't get is that Opie now arguably looks the worst out of all of them. He isn't even a boozehound or druggie or anything like that, but he's falling apart physically

maybe he doesn't hydrate enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Sometimes that comedian, he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. Y'know the thing about a comedian, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'...

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Topical Louis CK video from TEFFT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ3pzH35LDQ

I'm just........... not surprised that Louis tried to lazily jerk off while 2 girls made out instead of actually put effort into a 3-some, but I didn't know it was from before he was even married

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Anthony is not allowed onto XM again, and there's no good reason apparently. Actually makes me feel bad for the old racist pedophile, he just wants to come in and tell jokes with his buddies once in a while.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I'll never understand how Fez was such a pure vessel of comedy that Ron Bennington chose him as his #2, but within a few years he became a humorless madman (toxoplasmosis is real??)

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

AxisofIdiocy posted:

jesus theyre still tryin to harp on that patton killed his wife thing?
I think this bit might have started on these forums, was another thread a few weeks back in GBS. Not sure but I just want to say I'm very disappointed in everyone, as usual.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Ant was smart to try to get Artie on board, but that dude is the biggest walking disaster I've ever seen. I think Anthony makes enough money appealing to racists and Infowars types, so unfortunately he's probably gonna end up with Nickdipshit or someone like that. He might actually have a funny show if he picked someone who challenged his views and made fun of him like Ronnie B did.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Ope & Ant have both completely succumb to the mental illnesses that were fun to listen to when they were prodromal.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

ozza posted:

Are there any YouTube channels that still upload the daily show? I want to listen to the Bangtons talk about this.
Is this a secret? Oh well no one visits these forums anyway

youtube.com/user/StrayFromTheMorale/videos

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Those moments when Anthony reminds you he can be funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgJ5m21Rs4

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I'm Anthony Cumia shamefully copyright claiming this video

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I guess it's unfortunate how everything turned out, but everything just took its logical course. O&A are each nuttier by the day, and Jim is an endlessly pontificating boob.

I think what most of us will miss about the show is how they used to constantly bring in funny top-notch comedians into an environment with a care-free vibe. Even Ronnie B, the man himself, was never able to figure out how to create that vibe and attract the quality of talent on such a consistent basis that O&A did. That's definitely the biggest loss for me, because I don't foresee any podcast or radio po-gram recreating that magic any time soon.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
This work really reaches for artistic perfection

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Odddzy posted:

Louie will be back, just talking about him I feel like most people don't seem to give a poo poo what he did.
Yeah every time I see a Louis CK youtube clip or see him mentioned people say things like "I can't wait until he comes back." It's too bad some people think he's a literal rapist but he made some mistakes a long time ago (I tend to believe) and he's served his time in the jail of public opinion.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Skipped through, but this is incredibly thorough and creepy.

I remember watching one of Ant's very early livestreams (when he did it for fun alongside the O&A show) and 'ApologyGirl' called his show and said she was 16. He literally closed his eyes and started saying (into the mic) "oh my god 16, loving 16" like he was about to cum from the thought alone. He started "dating" her shortly thereafter and used to say stuff like "she's only 17 so we're waiting to have sex" and then a minute later make a thinly veiled boast about loving her.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I dont understand how girls of age 18 or 19 (or 20 or whatever) aren't young enough for him. That's like 1/3rd of his age by now and completely legal and he wouldnt get branded a pedo. Dude is seriously hosed in the head.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Your Parents posted:

That don't make him a bad person.
The worst part might be that he's getting w/ a trans person only because she looks like a little girl

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Patrice was self-destructive in the industry-- making fun of "important" Hollywood people and deconstructing the bullshit was way more satisfying for him. That being said, I think he would have become huge if we had him longer.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I don't think he had sex with her honestly, but those reddit boys will use any fuel they can to keep the fires burning

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Anthony bought her tits out of the goodness of his heart is what you're saying.
lol maybe you're right

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I remember Ron admitting he is loyal to a fault during the Fez saga. I think it's good that people such as Ron and Patrice tried to reason with Ant even though he is clearly beyond help. Ron saying that thing along the lines of 'I want you go back to being the funny guy, not the outraged guy' is one of the saddest moments

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

already deleted?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
See if you can make it through Brother Joe confidently explaining how he plays Eric Clapton's "Layla" solo while chewing gum!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

It’s funny how rose tinted glasses this thread is about Patrice now. Because I remember, especially when he sat in almost full time when Jim was out, that everyone hated how he laughed so loud, barreled over all conversation, etc.
I think everyone came to appreciate Patrice, I remember thinking when they said Patrice would be in for the duration of the show that it was gonna be a good show. His laugh was annoying, but he started turning away from the mic, and it became endearing once you appreciate the guy's comedy.

It's not like we're talking about Ralphie Mae here!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
His primary credit being "appeared on the Anthony Cumia show" is pretty funny itself

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

feigning interest posted:

it's queued up to 14:52 if you simply click play

Another interesting bit here
https://youtu.be/X-J6bKQifGg?t=1224

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Anthony having a pretty good appearance on Rogan right now, just compared Opie to a magician from The Prestige.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Sam looks like what you'd get if Eric Andre and Richard Simmons had a baby!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

So this is AFTER the surgery?
It's from a day ago so that seems to be the case.
That sure is one tragic clown.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Listening to Joe Derosa is like taking an Ambien imho

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
You guys think Artie likes doing drugs?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Groovelord Neato posted:

i watched an entirely too long youtube documentary about cumia. i didn't realize how far off the deep end he'd gone.
I ended up watching all the Cumia deep-end videos and all the Porsalin documentaries including the Owen Benjamin one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-AUQwoisoI

It's a total freakshow. Also; I don't even know who "Joe Matarese" is after seeing two documentaries about him, but it sure was fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWdwHGz529g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_skxNK3RDE

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Morter posted:

Yanno what I'm not even gonna loving bother
:shrug: It's pretty crazy so many people side with Owen. He spends a huge amount of time sperging out about the moon-landing being fake, so much so that he admitted his child said "daddy mad about the moon" and that he ruined a family gathering by getting into a shouting match about the moon-landing with his wife's family.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

kolby posted:

I can't listen to it right now but here's Doug Stanhope talking to Jim about AA. He makes fun of him if I recall:
I know Ronnie B still goes to AA all the time, I think you need to do something like that to really call yourself recovered

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 18, 2019

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

T Bowl posted:

The reddit is private now because one of the mods said to stop making fun of some guy that I have no clue of who he is and they bashed him, created a different sub, and now he's mad.
Now that's what I call pathetic drama!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: I don't wish death upon Anthony

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Niwrad posted:

Can a plastic surgeon not fix that?
Seems like a pretty intense situation, they'd literally have to put a prosthetic septum up in that bitch. I have a feeling Artie hasn't been making any doctor appointments lately, though.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Dude's face is perfectly level now though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The bit would be 'an old man responding to terrible things with just old-man responses', but none of these professional broadcasters could figure out how to get there.