Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I was around for the last LP of this series (and even did the updates when the OP was on vacation!) so I've got a soft spot for the Lone Wolf stuff. Glad to see it back on the board.

Be a daredevil, go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Get the soap, go into the spooky cave.

I dearly long for a bow.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Let's not be rear end in a top hat Lone Wolf. Help the kids.

Materant fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 24, 2017

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Man, I'd forgotten just how many "gently caress you, die" dick moves there were in the first book.

We picked Camouflage for a reason, best put it to use! Hide.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I mean a lot of this is on Lone Wolf because he decided to use the Kai Discipline of Looting before explaining himself but the book does say you didn't have time to explain before the guards burst in.

Run!

e. On another note, how would you even go about explaining these things to the common folk? The two Knights of the White Mountain might believe you on the note in Giak, the snake tattoo, and the sword, but good luck explaining these things to the other two passengers (and the guards) who have likely never seen Giak, a Darklord-brand sword, the tattoo, or the poison in their lives.

Materant fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 11, 2017

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Loot that horse.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

These Kai boots were meant for walkin', and that's just what we'll do.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Honestly, there's enough situations where having the Sommerswerd is a free answer to a check that it's worth keeping around, even if we don't always take it with us. Also, it's a check to ignore a lot of offensive magic flung against you, but that's more dependent on Lone Wolf (Dever) actually remembering this fact.

But no, we haven't hit peak overpowered until we can get ourselves a bow.

Jump on that death hulk and show them what we're made of!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Yeah, the Sommerswerd just augmenting your capability does seem in line with how Dever reimagined Lone Wolf, which in my opinion only makes the Sommerswerd even more stupidly overpowered.

Chase that wizard!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

It's been a drat long time since the last Lone Wolf run, hasn't it?

Mindshield, the leather waistcoat, and the Laumspur. Dump the ticket, but stash the passes. I mean, what if we ever come back to Port Bax? I don't want to end up in bureaucrat hell, do you?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Always be looting.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Xarn posted:

Thats a lot of votes for vandalism we have specifically been warned against.

Leave it

Also, it's a warning that specifically comes about from having a specific Kai Discipline (Sixth Sense, and you need to have seven Kai Disciplines to boot!), and those are the kind you either listen to or get hosed.

Let the demon be. It ain't going anywhere on our watch.

Materant fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 3, 2017

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

That bracelet is giving off some bad juju, and the Sixth Sense story isn't making me feel any better about it.

I feel really bad about this, but I say briefly break Rule 2 of Kai Guidance and not loot the bracelet.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

ulmont posted:

*At least 12 times during the series, Sixth Sense / Divination / Detect Evil are completely useless.

I think we had a running counter on that one, didn't we?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

In accordance with Rule 2, go check out that hut. There might be loot!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Get that man!

I'm going to be honest, I completely forgot this book existed before this run. Chasm of Doom is about the most forgettable adventure in the Kai (and probably the Magnakai) series.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I actually really like it. It's just a nice adventure with some pretty cool sections.

Oh, it's still cool (most ignominious Kai mission still goes to Kingdoms of Terror), it's just easy to forget next to the first two books, the arctic fortress, and what's coming next.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Kill that worm!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Lone Wolf, why did you drop the bow? :(

Take Laumspur, then :goleft:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Of course we want to investigate the cellar! It might have better loot.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Snorb posted:

We have a rope? We have but one choice.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Fun fact about Limbdeath: while it seems serious at first (a permanent -4 CS if I don't find the Oede herb? holy poo poo), it's actually literally impossible to make it to the scene with the Zakhan and the Darklord without finding the Oede herb. It takes a solid and conscious effort to not get it, and every route ends in death if you don't.

Fight!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Bifauxnen posted:

Is there any possible route you could take that wouldn't come across any copper keys? (I mean, you could obviously just choose to never pick one up, but that hardly counts)

let's go through the leafy tunnel, maybe we'll run into a Laumspur bush or something

It's possible, but it's largely based on you coming from the Limbdeath path, where you'll only see one key, and that one only if you're not paying attention to obvious cues on where to go. If you come from the Jail path, you have two opportunities before Part II, both of which we saw: the armorer, and the Yas guarding the Jewelled Mace.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Same. I was heavily involved with the last thread, so for the most part from now on I'm just going to sit back and see who else gets us killed six times in this next book.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I wouldn't worry too much about decisions that give you an option to back out of something before you commit. There's usually a very good reason for them, so it's worth putting them to the vote.

There are exceptions, though. See: Shadows on the Sand, part 1, escape, where almost every choice gives you the option to just give up and turn yourself in until you get to the Baga-daroosh.

Materant fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 30, 2017

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Ratatozsk posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BOOKMARK INTO THE BOOK. ITS THE BOOK OF THE MAGNAKAI AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, SUN EAGLE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING AND TWANGING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SPAWN BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP A DISCIPLINE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY BATTLED NAAR’S MOST DANGEROUS CREATIONS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY FREYLUND AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN RURAL SOMMERLUND CAN STILL BE IMMATURE PEASANT JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY HALF-BUILT MONASTERY LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM AT THE TOP OF MY KAI AUGMENTED LUNGS. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I DIG

:eyepop:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

ulmont posted:

We have a Bow and we wish to Upgrade It.

This.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

It's not Armory, it's Amory (with one R).

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

cess /ses/ (noun)
(in Scotland, Ireland, and India) a tax or levy.

Sounds like we're going to need to stop and ask.

Materant fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 13, 2017

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Jackard posted:

Uhh go to Amory that's why we bought the damned thing

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

WHABAWTUI.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

To steal an (unfunny) joke from myself like six years in the past: agree to the EULA.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

FINISH HIM!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

achtungnight posted:

Yeah, if you don’t open the door to LOOT when you have the chance it’s instant death because the Dakomyd keeps regenerating outside the light of the Lorestone. I think that’s how they phrase it anyway. Loot or Die! :)

Have a good Christmas Tiggum. Thx for this and see you next year.

Nah, if you attack it, your weapon gets stuck in it and melts, then it grabs you and you (presumably) melt too. It's a wonderful inconsistency (why didn't this happen before when we hacked it to bits), but I suppose we had to go for the hat trick on potential ways to melt in the sewer.

Kingdoms of Terror, page 323 posted:

The Dakomyd shudders and reels back as your weapon makes impact, sinking deep into flesh that clings like jelly and reeks of a charnel smell that closes your throat. A drop of its watery blood splashes on your arm, eating through your tunic and searing your flesh. Your weapon disintegrates, corroded by the blood. Before you can pull away, a razor-sharp talon snares your cloak and draws you to your doom.

Your life and your quest end here in the crypt of Tekaro Cathedral.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Tiggum posted:

It's in book 15. I'll point it out when we get there.

There is no check for the Bronin Warhammer in The Darke Crusade. Checked the entire book just to make sure. It's probably in another book (probably Magnakai), but I'm sure as poo poo not combing every Magnakai/Grand Master book looking for it.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Ratatozsk posted:

That’s what I’d assumed. The Warhammer is not among the 12 special items ok’d to transition in books beyond Magnakai. That list was always kinda silly, given how useful some non-listed things like the Firesphere were and how book specific other things like the korlineum scabbard were.

I mean, it's also not a Special Item.

Kingdoms of Terror, page 276 posted:

It is a very fine weapon, wrought of a metal called bronin, which looks exactly like new bronze, but does not tarnish like ordinary alloys of copper and tin. If you wish to keep this Bronin Warhammer, mark it on your Action Chart as a Weapon. When you use it in combat it will add 1 to your COMBAT SKILL.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Basically, in the end, there's no avoiding being captured. There's just varying degrees of putting it off.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Tiggum posted:

Also, does anyone else think it's bullshit that we still took two damage even though we have Nexus? Because that's bullshit.

I can at least rule it as a surprise thing. I don't think Nexus is an "unconscious use" power. And we did have sufficient warning about the burning man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Jackard posted:

Ride Shai-Hulud to freedom.