Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
They're reminders that once, our differences were so great that we went to war over them, with good men fighting on each side, but now we must heal the wounds of the past and come together as a people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.

Bodyholes posted:

Mississippi

Mississippi, the France of the South

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Indeed, it is precisely because of the deep divisions of our past that Confederate statuary is such a powerful tribute to the roots of our common humanity.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Imagine, if you will, a group of schoolchildren - black and white alike - gathered together, eyes wide with curiosity, staring up at this statue of bronzed mount and the man atop his back. Who was that horse? they wonder.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
if you want to tear down a statue, you have the responsibility to put up a newer, bigger statue in its place

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Who What Now posted:

I'm more than willing to erect statues of my penis.

I said bigger

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Downtrodden and oppressed, the Southern man attempts to lift the spirits of his people with a monument -- on their land, of their heroes -- and even this, the Unionist cannot allow. So long after the War of Northern Aggression, the tendrils of dominion still grow downward from the Mason-Dixon Line.

Why, I ask, must liberals always nurture such hate within their hearts?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Snowy posted:

If the statues stay up, at least put some statues of people like the 9/11 attackers next to them.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
SOUTHERNER: I know my ancestors were imperfect people, but I still want to celebrate my heritage while remembering the mistakes of the past.

NORTHERNER: You aren't allowed! You're trash people! Anyone who can't afford an iPhone isn't a real human! Wanting a job means 'voting against your interests'! AC/DC sucks!!!

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
SOUTHERNER: Like they say, those who do not remember their history will be doomed to repeat it.

NORTHERNER: Good thing I took Sociology 101, so I'm too smart for that to apply to me. Now, who are we censoring and persecuting today? #MobJustice #Pitchforks #MoreLikeBillOfWRONGS

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Percelus posted:

to be fair southern heritage and culture is garbage

* Pecan pie

* Jazz music

* Every good American writer, from Capote to Faulkner

* Extremely potent backwoods weed

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

etalian posted:

Please clap!

Also I found this article hilarious, after the Civil War it was northern states who made the statues since the South was still overrun
with rural bumpkins who had no clue how to set up industry.

Also the statues were mass produced and most of them were actually based on Union soldiers since it allowed the northern companies
to see statues to both sides

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...06ab_story.html

Truly fitting. Much as these statues were hewn from the same matter, so too were the soldiers they honored, on both sides of that lamentable divide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I'm from the south and have redneck heritage so I've been around some rebel battle flags growing up. The Dixie worship is on the decline and it's because of cultural changes within the south.

IMO if you want to change someone's mind you have to outflank them; a Yankee carpetbagger isn't going to do it. The way to do it is to tell 'em that blacks in the south see it differently, they're not wrong about how they see it, and to be a man is to face up and acknowledge when you're wrong. It's okay to acknowledge that.

Trying to change someone's mind through respect and reason? It just might work, a bit more often anyway than shrieking that their whole family is made up of shambling bog creatures who must submit to your moral authority.

• Locked thread