Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh
My apartment is like half a kilometer away from this. My wife and mother-in law were about 200 yards away when it happened. They're OK. It's time to open a bottle of wine. Spanish life rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

smug n stuff posted:

Now they're saying only one fatality
:shrug:

I hope that's that's true. We're hearing all this third hand.

We're hearing it's a coordinated attack and that the van driver was separate from the hostage takers. Hopefully, that's wrong too.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

13 dead according to the alert sent to my phone. gently caress.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Over There posted:

I enjoyed Barcelona when I went, but its very confusing as a foreigner.

We got lost pretty easily.

That's cheating. Pan the camera 15 degrees to the right and you'd see the rats nest of streets in the gotic. Also the subway transfers require what feels like miles of walking and can be kind of confusing.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

ditty bout my clitty posted:

God damned alt right, now they're everywhere bursting pipes

If only they had run innocents over in the last week.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

communism bitch posted:

My gf's family all live around poble-sec and a bunch of their colleagues and friends are in the area. One of them sent my gf a video showing a bunch of dead and injured people on the Ramblas and apparently there's a lot ofkids. I aint askled to see it because I can live without seeing blood-splattered streets and dead kids, but yeah.... pretty grim.

There may also have been some cops killed at a checkpoint nearby, but some people are saying shot, others are saying run down by a car that refused to stop, so I dunno wtf is going on there.

I watched it. Did not need that.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

cda posted:

I just want to read a nice little thread about this most recent Spanish terror attack. Please take your Charlottesville bullshit somewhere else. Thanks.

gently caress off. It's relevant and within the bounds of the thread to talk about the context in which this occurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

The restaurant was named in local rumors. I hope it won't hurt their business. But apparently to food was eh so whatever.

• Locked thread