Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
why did he do that when i was patient and thoughtful? why would a person be cruel to someone else like that to no benefit of their own? thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
We live in a fallen world, OP

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Oh no

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Did you give him the backdoor?

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I don't know why, OP. But I know what you should do about it.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I thought you took a forums vacation and got better

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NomChompsky posted:

I thought you took a forums vacation and got better

traffic was bad on my way home from work because of the upcoming eclipse weekend so google maps drove me directly by his house and past literally every major place where we had good memories

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

he wasn't the right person

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Plant poo poo seeds, get poo poo weeds

Might as well grow yourself some shitapples

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
Smoke weed instead OP

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
it probably depends on how attractive you are

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

traffic was bad on my way home from work because of the upcoming eclipse weekend so google maps drove me directly by his house and past literally every major place where we had good memories

its a sign

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also it took 2 hours so i had a lot of time to think about the good memories and how they dont exist any more and how all i ever wanted was to understand :silent:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Sometimes its just not meant to be, friend.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Back when I believed in a concept like "the one," the one who I thought was "the one" dumped me and I cried real hard. Like harder than I have ever cried. The next day I was basically fine.

It probably also helped that I started smoking dope and drinking a lot and going out with friends like every day for a long time.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

Not if there's the sweet honey of anal

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

smokin

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Piiiiiick stoooooop

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Pick posted:

why did he do that when i was patient and thoughtful? why would a person be cruel to someone else like that to no benefit of their own? thanks

why did she do that when I was considerate and honest? why would a person ostracize someone else like that just for their own benefit? thanks

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pick posted:

Short answer: him dick.

Long answer: A certain type of person feels like being kind and considering other people's feelings is a burden the world is trying to force upon them, rather than the baseline expected from friendships and positive interactions. They'll bitch and moan when people stop being considerate to them, but see no reason to return the kindness people give them. Hugh was under no obligation to return your feelings, this is true, but there is an obligation of basic loving decency to not be a huge loving prick about it, which by all accounts he failed repeatedly. But he didn't tell you to just gently caress off, not because you were 'a scary person imposing on him' like some people have suggested, but because even if he didn't care about you as a person, he cared that you made his life more comfortable.

I'm sorry. You can't pour enough love into a person like that to get even basic decency back, because basic decency is something people give to other people and some people don't see others as people.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

also it took 2 hours so i had a lot of time to think about the good memories and how they dont exist any more and how all i ever wanted was to understand :silent:

Your brain reconstructs memories from scratch using a grocery list sized set of details so the memories you treasure never existed as you recall them.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

why did she do that when I was considerate and honest? why would a person ostracize someone else like that just for their own benefit? thanks

There's a difference between not reciprocating and actively milking another person for their time and emotional labor while not giving anything in return. I doubt Hugh was so terrified of Pick he couldn't tell her to gently caress off.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Some people are narcissists and sociopaths I was in a textbook abusive relationship with one and then was doxxed on this very forum as punishment for breaking off from them. You did what I did which was project our own good traits onto others but some people have no empathy because of a Cluster B personality disorder and you cannot save or change them

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

i like that posted:

Some people are narcissists and sociopaths I was in a textbook abusive relationship with one and then was doxxed on this very forum as punishment for breaking off from them. You did what I did which was project our own good traits onto others but some people have no empathy because of a Cluster B personality disorder and you cannot save or change them

Yeah this. I believe everyone deserves basic decency and I believe therapy can help plenty of people with Cluster B disorders but there's also people therapy won't help, because they don't want to change. You can lead a horse to water, etc.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Pick posted:

:ok:
:hai::sever::hai:

PetraCore posted:

I doubt Hugh was so terrified of Pick he couldn't tell her to gently caress off.

Actually, there was this time when Hugh crawled under a truck...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
drink till you cant feel OP!!!!!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

Your brain reconstructs memories from scratch using a grocery list sized set of details so the memories you treasure never existed as you recall them.

This has actually been an important realization, that I don't have access to any record of the world as it really exists, only my own demented version, and he has his demented version, and it probably intersects at few if any junctions

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Actually, there was this time when Hugh crawled under a truck...

Almost immediately after that trip he agreed to go with me on my "dream" camping trip and anyway the tale of how that shook out is way worse and incredible (as in hard to believe) than any other tale I've ever told and honestly I'm fine not telling it.

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

you let him. maybe not the first time, but every time after. move on

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

i like that posted:

Yeah I think I am still trying to come to terms with the idea of people who can't be helped because it seems so pointlessly cruel of the world to make people like this and in total violation of my most basic ethics :psyduck:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I mean I think this is moving on. Emotional processing is part of moving on.

Maybe not usually on a comedy internet forum, but...

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Yeah, he's just a stupid dick that was using you. I've known a lot of people exactly like that, you'll never be able to help them.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Humans are complicated pick.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Miserable Maid posted:

Yeah, he's just a stupid dick that was using you. I've known a lot of people exactly like that, you'll never be able to help them.

I don't think he meant to and that's why it hurt so bad. I've never let a conventional shithead use me, but he was like mr magooing all up in my feelings and beliefs :saddowns:

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

PetraCore posted:

Yeah this. I believe everyone deserves basic decency and I believe therapy can help plenty of people with Cluster B disorders but there's also people therapy won't help, because they don't want to change. You can lead a horse to water, etc.

People on the autism spectrum struggle with empathy and I believe Pick mentioning Hugh having Asperger's. There are certainly similarities between those individuals and those with Cluster B when it comes to being able to put themselves in another's shoes. Both Asperger's and cluster B's are stuck on a juvenile level of emotional development while (Ironically) conceiving themselves to be more self-actualized (than everyone else) because they don't have to deal with pithy 'feelings'

i like that fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 19, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PetraCore posted:

He didn't seem to understand the concept of thirst or drinking or other horses or the notion of "leading" as a gesture that another entity would attempt.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

i like that posted:

People on the autism spectrum struggle with empathy and I believe Pick mentioning Hugh having Asperger's. There are certainly similarities between those individuals and those with Cluster B when it comes to being able to put themselves in another's shoes. Both Asperger's and cluster B's are stuck on a juvenile level of emotional development while (Ironically) conceiving themselves to be more self-actualized (than everyone else) because they don't have to deal with pithy 'feelings'

Doesn't cluster B also include BPD? Which is like, extra feelings with no emotional protective shell so everything hurts extra hard and you (are naturally inclined to) lash out disproportionately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Pick posted:

He didn't seem to understand the concept of thirst or drinking or other horses or the notion of "leading" as a gesture that another entity would attempt.

Could be a really big theory of mind failure if that's true. I'm on the spectrum but I distinctly remembered realizing that other people had their own internal landscapes with their own limited information and perspectives and acted due to their own emotions and desires when I was in like... elementary school. If he's never gotten to that point then idk what to tell you.

• Locked thread