Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which fuel?
Good old gasoline & oil
The crimson ichor that flows through us all
Feces-based biofuel, much like this thread
View Results

• Locked thread
EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Our fossil fuel reservoirs are drying up. We will eventually need to turn to other fuel sources to power our inventions. One of the central aspects of this dilemma is our transportation and vehicles. So, what if...

we found a viable alternative to petroleum by using blood?

Instead of using the blood of the earth, we would use the blood of the life of the earth instead. However, human blood would probably be the most efficient and most comparable to gasoline in terms of mileage. The least efficient would probably be something like cockroach blood.

Assuming we had the technology, would using extreme biofuels be viable? Even if it were, would you do so to power your cars?

I probably would not do so myself, due to it being soylent green 0.5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I would do that right now to save a few dollars per fill up

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That sounds dope af op. :megadeath:

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

we use blood to fuel our bodies so i dont see why not

Trump.mp4
Feb 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
nice try this is a tv show called Blood Drive or something I think

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

my own blood or other people's blood?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sure, why not. take my blood, it's not like i'm using it for anything important.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

I would do that right now to save a few dollars per fill up

feller
Jul 5, 2006

that would be a good way to implement mincome

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Ya sure like we already eat animals and stuff for food why not start grinding them up for a free ride to the burger king.

It's not like you can ride an animal op.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
It already is, just 300 million year old blood.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I already do this OP, the blood of the middle east is on my hands

*runs off to post in D&D*

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
also i think this is the plot of final fantasy 7?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

ElectricSheep posted:

also i think this is the plot of final fantasy 7?

finally someone fuckin explains the plot to me!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

reignofevil posted:

Ya sure like we already eat animals and stuff for food why not start grinding them up for a free ride to the burger king.

It's not like you can ride an animal op.

I decided to google this issue, and apparently, this is already a thing. Sort of, but using leftover animal parts from slaughterhouses for methane to warm houses.

http://observers.france24.com/en/20151207-how-turn-slaughterhouse-waste-fuel

quote:

For years, waste from the slaughterhouse, based in the city´s Khor area, was either dumped in rivers or in landfills, creating pollution and stomach-churning odours. To solve the problem, city authorities teamed up with the local neighbourhood council and ´Le Partenariat´, a French NGO that has been active in Saint-Louis for thirty years. The solution came in the form of ´biodigesters´, a technology already used extensively across Asia. Biodigesters are oxygen-free vats which contain organic waste from plants or animals. The waste is broken down naturally to produce a renewable energy called biogas in a process known as ´methanisation´.

Methane makes up 70% of the biogas. That´s pretty much the same composition that you´d find with bottled gas, so in terms of cooking time it doesn´t change anything for households. However, it is far cheaper.

In environmental terms, collecting this organic waste allows us to clean up the neighbourhood and also lets us harness the methane produced when it rots. That´s extremely useful, given that methane is a greenhouse gas that´s 20 times more noxious than carbon dioxide. Moreover, we collect the blood and the water used to clean the slaughterhouse. The mixture has high levels of nitrogen, meaning that the subsequent liquid fertilizer can be used for free by gardeners to irrigate their gardens.

And I did remember reading an article long ago about American slaughterhouses recooking organic waste and turning it into pseudo petroleum because of hydrocarbons and stuff, but sadly I can't seem to find it.

However, I am now in greater favor of this prospect than before :kheldragar:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
filling up your car instead of a whiff of that gas you get the smell that metallic tinge of blood

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

filling up your car instead of a whiff of that gas you get the smell that metallic tinge of blood

Just what I need right before I walk into the office and lay off fifteen thousand people.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

blood bags are the future

but it will be for fuel

also you will have a pale dead corpse in the front of your car by the end of the drive

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Solution is out there.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

yogizh posted:

Solution is out there.

You have used my image without permission sir. Please desist.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Navin Johnson posted:

You have used my image without permission sir. Please desist.

Looks like your rear end just became public domain. :v:

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I would do this even if it cost more than gasoline

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

THIS CAR RUNS ON FASCISTS.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Squashing Machine posted:

I would do this even if it cost more than gasoline

Hell yeah! :hfive:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

35 nazis per 100 km

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
a while ago there was an incident where they had to close a highway during rush hour cause a cat got on it. then people were all upset cause they were late for work cause of a cat. but if you take that thought to a logical extreme that means they would literally sacrifice a cat every morning before breakfast if it meant they could get to work 45 minutes sooner.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

The Walrus posted:

a while ago there was an incident where they had to close a highway during rush hour cause a cat got on it. then people were all upset cause they were late for work cause of a cat. but if you take that thought to a logical extreme that means they would literally sacrifice a cat every morning before breakfast if it meant they could get to work 45 minutes sooner.

I would do this even if there was no benefit whatsoever

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

The Walrus posted:

sounds like a trolley problem to me

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/lesser-known-trolley-problem-variations

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

if it was cheaper than 2.39 a gallon, sure

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Well, if you think about it, gasoline is already made of really old blood. :black101:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This would lead to more and bloodier wars than ever before.

Pun intended.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what if cum was even more efficient, OP?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

what if cum was even more efficient, OP?

Instant utopia.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I watched part of that knockoff deathrace eating cars Syfy movie too

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Naw, blood born diseases would skyrocket from inhaling the exhaust fumes.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Maybe not my car, but a few weeks ago it was 118 F here in Satan's salad bowl of California.

My air conditioner flaked out, and I would've gladly fed a baby seal and a handful of endangered birds into the loving thing if it would've fixed it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Would the amount of blood needed be the same as the amount of gas?
Would different blood types react differently?
Does alcohol content in the blood matter?
Is it human blood or will any blood due?
Wouldn't the blood eventually coagulate and gently caress up the car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

I think it means they would sacrifice 1/5,000th or whatever of a cat (depending on how many people were held up by the cat) in order to avoid being 45 minutes late. Pretty big difference.

• Locked thread