Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Vakal posted:

The game from the package files runs good but I've noticed that it looks like shadows or lighting or whatever are disabled and areas like the underground dungeons are full bright.

Is this a feature of the glide wrapper or one of the plugins that can be changed?

its a feature of the maphack. press f1 pay respects reveal the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 14, 2009

You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.
Played this mod for hours on end back in 2005. Does it still run on the current version (downloaded from battle.net)?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

funmanguy posted:

its a feature of the maphack. press f1 pay respects reveal the map

Ah, thanks.

Edit: I dug through the old thread and it looks like people had the same issue with no fix.

boho posted:

quote:

Is there a way to have maphack reveal the map but not make everything daylight and superbright?

If there is, I wasn't able to find it. I finally just decided to live without Maphack.

JHJ's maphack is apparently based on mousepad's 4.6 source, but I could find no documentation on the internet that so much as suggests JHJ's maphack is capable of disabling full light.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 11, 2017

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Is there a trick to getting the plugy shared stash running in single player? I already had some time invested before the new server and don't feel like migrating, but want to share items for my rerolls.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Hooplah posted:

Is there a trick to getting the plugy shared stash running in single player? I already had some time invested before the new server and don't feel like migrating, but want to share items for my rerolls.

you can always start a LAN TCP/IP game and log two (or 8) into the same game.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Ah! Forgot about multiboxing, thanks.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
i have a teleport ring, but i cant use it because im dumb.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm gonna get dstoned again soon I cannot resist the call of the dstones

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Which merc/difficulty do I want for a WF Druid? The merc info on the wiki, doesn't show there is one with a protection from cold aura.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Reiterpallasch posted:

no no no no no n o

I just spent $8 on Grim Dawn and

and

it's back

AGAIN <:gonk:>

No. No more dancing!
Jun 15, 2006
Let 'er rip, dude!
Ladies, I don't mean to brag but I'm the guy who rescued Deckard Cain from Tristram.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Target Practice posted:

Which merc/difficulty do I want for a WF Druid? The merc info on the wiki, doesn't show there is one with a protection from cold aura.

You want an act 3 cold Merc, any difficulty.

Pinky
Jan 3, 2004
9 fingers, no way!

Bakalakadaka posted:

You want an act 3 cold Merc, any difficulty.

That fool gives protection from cold aura?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Pinky posted:

That fool gives protection from cold aura?

Yeah they have protection from whatever their element is aura

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Hey people, you don't need multiple accounts for bots, you can login multiple characters from the same account SO STOP SPAMMING ACCOUNTTSSSSSS

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Garfu posted:

Hey people, you don't need multiple accounts for bots, you can login multiple characters from the same account SO STOP SPAMMING ACCOUNTTSSSSSS

hahaha

Target Practice posted:

I am using conviction merc from act 2 hell. when i can get conviction as an aura on an item I will switch back to act 3 dude.

e: anyone wanna give me a super detailed creeping doom guide?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Company update: respeccing works now

http://198.98.56.78/

If you have an account: create an account on the forum with the same name
If you don't have an account: create an account on the forum and that will be the account you use to login to bnet

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

funmanguy posted:

e: anyone wanna give me a super detailed creeping doom guide?

How to be a creeping doom druid, in three easy steps:
1. put points into creeping doom
2. stunlock everything forever
3. win

bonus step 4. don't fight things that can't be stunned

Actual advice: get a source of Ancient's Call to break immunes; offensive act 5 merc is the easiest way. You can always stunlock magic immunes until his lazy rear end gets around to shouting. Browse through the db for anything that seems like it would be good - +skills, %magic damage, etc. - there's no real trick to it. It's one of the easiest characters to play. Pump energy for the damage augmenter. Put a point in oak sage, that's always good. Other obvious things. You really can't go wrong.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

DontMockMySmock posted:

How to be a creeping doom druid, in three easy steps:
1. put points into creeping doom
2. stunlock everything forever
3. win

bonus step 4. don't fight things that can't be stunned

Actual advice: get a source of Ancient's Call to break immunes; offensive act 5 merc is the easiest way. You can always stunlock magic immunes until his lazy rear end gets around to shouting. Browse through the db for anything that seems like it would be good - +skills, %magic damage, etc. - there's no real trick to it. It's one of the easiest characters to play. Pump energy for the damage augmenter. Put a point in oak sage, that's always good. Other obvious things. You really can't go wrong.

Cool, I have a druid on the current server at level 94 or 95, cant remember. Now that respecs are a thing (ty garfu and deathrat) I wanted to try out other stuff with the druid. Big problem is my gear is pretty well tuned to winter fury and cold damage, so I end up switching and feeling underwhelmed.

Also WF is great, and so are tornadoes. I can't recommend it hard enough.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm back in the game baby! My account name is very similar to my forum name but not perfectly matched.

Now it's time to get busy with Necro_Phil

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Are our goontopia chars from begining of this year on the server?

Pinky
Jan 3, 2004
9 fingers, no way!

Nosthula posted:

Are our goontopia chars from begining of this year on the server?

No. I started this server fresh with none of the save files from the previous servers.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Things that own through 8p normal with just level 1 sets so far: punch zon and fire bolt sorceress

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
What level should I be to start gambling for the waves of ascension set? Looks like the ilvl is 50, with required level being 45?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Gambling can roll -8 +7 ilvl iirc, so 58 for it to be a sure thing, but you can get it at 43

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
+4 to -5, so you ideally want to be 5 levels ahead.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Something really hosed happened to my game install. I was playing last night hosting a local TCP/IP game and had 7 other local clients join the game and I partied them together (multiboxed) everything was perfect and i quit for the night. This afternoon I go to play again and no matter what character i choose, anytime in-game that i press TAB to view the map the game crashes instantly (single player or the host alone). I tried changing the "automap" settings in game, but still crashes regardless of what map I am on.

Any thoughts or is there a file/config i can try removing or replacing to fix this poo poo? It must have something to do with the map hack or whatever it is that I never use?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Any chance you rebound the key to activate the map hack?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

You're running the game in 640x480.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

dis astranagant posted:

You're running the game in 640x480.

Oddly enough I wasn't, it was 800x600 the entire time, BUT i toggled it to 640 then back to 800 and that seemed to have resolved it! Thanks for the suggestion!

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

Bakalakadaka posted:

Things that own through 8p normal with just level 1 sets so far: punch zon and fire bolt sorceress

My speed burst+blade storm+cold bomb assassin is pretty crazy good with the lvl 1 green set on normal 8p. The speed burst boost alone is bonkers.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

If you happen to have visual studio 2012 installed don't uninstall it unless you want a huge headache with the ES install :psyboom:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Is there anyway to have shopkeepers restock gambling chits, or do you have to make an new game?

Edit: Nevermind. Just remembered that they restock as long as there are no players in the town.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
So I'm not too familiar with vanilla Diablo 2. I can see the potential of Eastern Sun and want to see if I can get some of my buds to give it a shot with me, but I can't quite tell them what makes it different than like... Diablo 3. Saying "it's d2 with nuts customization options" isn't quite cutting it.

As someone with no real knowledge of D3 or the capabilities that eastern sun has to offer, what could I show or tell someone who's more interested in d3 that this is worth their time?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Ibexaz posted:

So I'm not too familiar with vanilla Diablo 2. I can see the potential of Eastern Sun and want to see if I can get some of my buds to give it a shot with me, but I can't quite tell them what makes it different than like... Diablo 3. Saying "it's d2 with nuts customization options" isn't quite cutting it.

As someone with no real knowledge of D3 or the capabilities that eastern sun has to offer, what could I show or tell someone who's more interested in d3 that this is worth their time?

The graphics aren't as flashy as D3, but there are some crazy nutso abilities and combinations you can make. The endgame is virtually unlimited, and once you gear up a little bit, the game starts looking like one of those bullet hell vertical shooters. You can customize your gear to a ridiculous level - take a look at some of the screenshots posted in this thread.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Thanks, I shot over the screenshot of the late game gear talking about the item recipes and one of my buds pretty much just said " well Diablo 3 has that same system." I was hoping there was a more succinct, noticeable difference I could send to someone familiar with Diablo to say "nah this is what this mod is all about" beyond "look how big the numbers get," if that makes sense.

I guess I just gotta keep pressuring until one of 'em caves, haha

Ibexaz fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 20, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ibexaz posted:

Thanks, I shot over the screenshot of the late game gear talking about the item recipes and one of my buds pretty much just said " well Diablo 3 has that same system." I was hoping there was a more succinct, noticeable difference I could send to someone familiar with Diablo to say "nah this is what this mod is all about" beyond "look how big the numbers get," if that makes sense.

a multistocker tooltip and the item enhancement page of the wiki

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 20, 2017

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
their minds arent ready sorry

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Reminder that the .t plugin exists to help you scroll through your stockers!

.load t

then, with your multistocker in the cube, you can use ".t map" to scroll to maples, or ".t sca" to scroll to scalps. Works on other stockers, too! With rune stockers, you have to use capital letters, i.e. ".t Nu"

.t is great! Use it!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Ibexaz posted:

https://d2es.github.io/item-db/items/es3cube_n.htm

If they say D3 has that, you probably just shouldn't trust they've played either game that much

• Locked thread