Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There has never been any slavery of black folks in my family
Not a single person in my family has ever oppressed a black person. I'm purebred Scandinavian. My mum is from the North and there are some horrible bits of Sami we never talk about, but she's cool.
And my dad is from Danish Royalty. Some Danish prince killed his wife and her lover so he got stationed at some fort in Lillehammer
The assholes that then moved to Minnesota don't count. They all voted Trump. We ain't like that.

So all my family is pretty much just viking blood and have never done anything bad to a black dude. I should be able to wear blackface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ground floor

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I think it'll be a thing seen in a lot of areas in the US this year :(

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Lodin posted:

Not a single person in my family has ever oppressed a black person. I'm purebred Scandinavian. My mum is from the North and there are some horrible bits of Sami we never talk about, but she's cool.
And my dad is from Danish Royalty. Some Danish prince killed his wife and her lover so he got stationed at some fort in Lillehammer
The assholes that then moved to Minnesota don't count. They all voted Trump. We ain't like that.

So all my family is pretty much just viking blood and have never done anything bad to a black dude. I should be able to wear blackface.

no you shouldn't

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
So oppressed, gee

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh wait, there was that one time one of my mums ancestors made all the art for Kongolandsbyen.

They made a fun village from The Kongo that people could gawk at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX0dkkLCLho

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
I think you’re totally right. You should do it and take lots of photos, and post them to all of your social media accounts :)

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

You don't see many Hitler or KKK costumes around much either. I smell a conspiracy.

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
does dressing up as mr popo count?

e: asking for a friend

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

go as a ghost but with a black sheet (not a white sheet)

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

clone on the phone posted:

You don't see many Hitler or KKK costumes around much either. I smell a conspiracy.

how would you know it was KKK and not just a ghost w/ a pointy head

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ArchNemesis posted:

does dressing up as mr popo count?

e: asking for a friend

mr popo is extremely racist

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lodin posted:

Yeah, go for it

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

warez posted:

I think you’re totally right. You should do it and take lots of photos, and post them to all of your social media accounts :)

You should definitely do this OP and be sure to post them here too! Don't want to forget your SA buds :gbsmith:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

You should break the mold OP and wear whiteface

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
theres nothing more scary than a white guy in blackface, go for it op! otoh, i think theres a market for a whiteguy-in-blackface costume if someone were to make it

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
you can legally do it, and you shouldn't be surprised when someone beats the poo poo out of you

Caredresser
Oct 10, 2012

by zen death robot
One Halloween my (Lebanese) friend didn't know what to wear to a Halloween party so he duct taped an N on the front of a black morph suit and declared himself NiggerMan. You should try that op I loved it

Nobody beat him up but I'm Australian so it was pretty in vogue

Lil Devil
Feb 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

College goons: feels free to print these out and tack them to bulletin boards.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I should be able to wear a Halloween mask on Black Friday.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

you can legally do it, and you shouldn't be surprised when someone beats the poo poo out of you

You can't legally beat up a nincompoop, but morally you should.

Not really, but it's better than ignoring an idiot.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
go ahead, no one can stop you.
People will definitely call you a retard racist shithead, but thems just words. you do you.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
What if you wanted to go as Matt Damon, but you wanted to spice up the costume. So not just Matt Damon, but Matt Damon going as that "blackest color ever" they invented, Vantablack. Could you go as Vantablack Matt Damon? Would that be blackface?

Asking for a friend.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you are absolutely able to wear blackface on halloween

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Since you guys obviously can't be arsed to watch it the good part starts at 10:44.

My great great grandpa made this happen.

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
how about a compromise

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
what's stopping you OP

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What if you wanted to go as Matt Damon, but you wanted to spice up the costume. So not just Matt Damon, but Matt Damon going as that "blackest color ever" they invented, Vantablack. Could you go as Vantablack Matt Damon? Would that be blackface?

Asking for a friend.

Better with the audio.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

ArchNemesis posted:

how about a compromise

Maybe more like 3/5ths?

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Maybe more like 3/5ths?

racism increases with the square of area covered in black, not sure what the proper ratio is tbh

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

In high school ASB a bunch of people were on a committee for a themed outfit week and two of the days they came up with were hoodrat day and white trash day. Our teacher gently explained that some people at school are very poor and might see themselves reflected in those categories. When articles were being written about the team of 20-30yo engineers who came up with the Facebook feature that showed old people a highlight reel of all their dead friends it felt related. There are countless examples of closed groups not realizing something that would be obvious to people on the outside. Are you related to that minister who made a Golliwog looking cake for some event a decade ago?

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

It would still be in bad taste and I would not feel sorry for you if you get taken to the rude zone as a result. I would recommend something more acceptable like a slutty version of any occupation.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I read somewhere that all Vikings were skinny little nerds that listen to Weezer

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ArchNemesis posted:

how about a compromise

the thing I didn't like about that episode is they never clarified which race was actually the superior one

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
can you imagine the alex jones's and dick dorkins's of their respective races? yikes

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
You should, op. But all those PC BITCHES wanna get in ur way. I say just do it.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Yeah, no one can arrest you, and you probably won't get killed.

If anyone gives you static, just have your explanation ready and test its effectiveness.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
zwarte piet the "chimney-sweep"

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
PewDiePie ruined it for your people. Shouldn’t stop you though. Please do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Asking for a friend.

Good luck getting your hands on some Vantablack

• Locked thread