Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I googled "can a furry be a fish?" because I realized I've never seen the aquatic side of the furry world, which I'm ignorant about. It turns out, there are fish furries, and to my surprise, sharks are a popular fish furry species.

I've always seen sharks as monsters, terrors of the water, givers of surfer amputations. But here they are.

Sharks even have their own entry on wikifur, telling me what I already know: Shark faces lack expression, and they can't be petted.

They're on deviantart -- surprise!

And they're other places, too

But the bottom of that wikifur article makes me realize something: sharks were, just maybe, already ruined.

Sharks are no longer revered. They are now entertainment, toys for our babies to coo and hold while nursing.

Did furries ruin the shark or was the shark already ruined? When will the frighteningly majestic sharks reclaim their image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Noble shark. Champion of the seas.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

COMRADES posted:

Every once in a while someone around here gets bitten by a shark and there's like an alert that a great white or something is moving up the coast and then you get reminded oh yeah lol those things will loving kill you.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
This is what every shark representation should be: 'roid ragin' and swollen, wooing those merladies

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Further destruction of the shark image was done by E! News in their article "Shark Week 2015: Can You Guess the Celebrity Smile on a Shark?", which tastelessly removed the shark's glorious teeth and replaced them with celebrity smiles

http://m.eonline.com/photos/13217/celeb-shark-smiles

What celebrity parts will these monsters put on unconsenting animals next?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Rad-daddio posted:

Does anyone have any context for this and also why it's sort of arousing to me?

No context that I know of, but I actually think it's a statue or some kind of yard art? The human limbs seem...inorganic. And I think there's a little yard spotlight thing in the lower left, which would make sense if it were ornamental

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I knew a guy who hosed a shark and now he has those little fish that swim around and clean things off his body.

All STDs should come with free skincare

• Locked thread