Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What tribe are you supporting?
This poll is closed.
Team Raw 2 2.30%
Team Smackdown 17 19.54%
It's the same company, Jerusalem :rolleyes: 68 78.16%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Things I learned from this RAW: Green Bay is an absolutely lovely town and I hope WWE doesn't run there again in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those bitching about the Finn/Kane match, I think Finn lost because WWE is trying to separate Demon Finn and Normal Finn.

Notice how Demon Finn is undefeated on the main roster, while Normal Finn loses all the time. Also I don't think Kane will be feuding with Finn. Probably wasting time until Braun is back.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bradzilla posted:

Probably a 5 vs 5(are there even 10 CWs in the division?) Survivor Series match on the preshow

Yup, probably Kalisto's team vs Enzo's team.

And the more I look at this card, the more I realize there are a LOT of heel vs heel matches. This card is going to suck unless there are a lot of title changes b/w now and then.

You have Miz vs Corbin, Lesnar vs Mahal (although Lesnar is probably a tweener here), Alexa vs Natalya.

I feel like if you could change some titles around, it would be a better card. Corbin vs Braun, Lesnar vs Mahal (this is happening no matter what), and Asuka vs Natalya would all be way better matches than what is advertised right now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Nia Jax is bad (I think a better way to describe her is absolutely terrible in ring) and should be nowhere near the title picture and I'm glad WWE realized that. If she wants to walk out over her booking that's one thing, but I doubt many people are going to give a poo poo since she was really bad/unsafe in the ring, and her promo skills were mediocre at best. She should honestly still be in developmental.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

extradite THIS! posted:

It's super funny that The Rock's got WWE by the balls. They won't dare punish Nia when she gets back because they're terrified of angering Dwayne, and that's fabulous because The Rock is cool and WWE isn't

I don't think The Rock cares, to be honest. He's telling her to walk out if she's unhappy. I don't think he really gives a poo poo to be honest. The Rock has been all about "put in hard work and you'll be rewarded" and Nia has pretty much not improved at all since coming up to the main roster, along with playing the THE ROCK IS MY COUSIN CARD is going to sour a lot of people on you.

The optics of it are not good on both sides, but I'll probably side with WWE on this one. Nia is an incredibly unsafe worker, and shouldn't have been called up so early [which is the fault of wwe, but keep reading], but on the other hand, she's made little to no improvement in the ring compared to everyone else on RAW, but still thinks she should get a title run or whatever because she's the rock's cousin.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 25, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hot take: I'm siding with WWE because there's probably more to the story than Nia is letting on. Again, people are siding with her because she's getting yanked around by creative. That's fine. But she probably got yanked around because she loving sucks in the ring. And that's not on WWE. Note how every time she enters the title picture, she ends up botching and/or almost killing/paralyzing someone (or herself) in the ring.

She's had WAY too many chances to show that she can improve. But she hasn't. That is 100% on her. But apparently people here seem to think that because Nia Jax walked out on the company (keep in mind, creative gave her plenty of chances and she hosed up on every one of them), she is all of a sudden good?

I have no problem supporting Neville walking out. I do have a problem supporting Nia, because she doesn't deserve the opportunities she was given.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 25, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Nia didn't yank herself out of NXT a year too early.

Yeah, I agree with that sentiment, but she also made no real effort to improve in the ring either, even after being called up. She had stuff handed to her. I don't think its a stretch to say that Creative has finally gone cold on Nia because she's unsafe. Since being called up, she's almost hurt or actually hurt: Emma, Bayley, Sasha, and Charlotte, and those are just some of the more notable names. If she had almost hurt one or two people I would chalk it up to a freak accident. But its pretty much a constant that she's going to gently caress up a spot and almost hurt someone in her matches.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Then like, why do the angle where she betrays Alexa in the first place? If you were gonna cool off on her, the right time to do it was during the Summer, when Bayley got injured in their match, but they did the angle with Alexa and then put her in a championship match that immediately ballooned out of control into a five-way. It's not that they cooled off on her once, it's that they've been going stop/start with her all year. Either get behind her or don't. I can see how she'd get mixed signals from the way she's being booked.

Then they shouldn't have brought her up last year. She actually had a really good match with Asuka right before she was called up and it's like "okay, there's something here." then a month or two later, she's on the main roster.

For your first paragraph: Because that was before No Mercy, and she probably wanted into the title hunt? Not that hard to understand. People seem to forget that the last time Nia and Alexa had a singles match, it was an absolute loving disaster. I don't think they wanted to repeat that at No Mercy, which is why it was changed to a multi woman match.

For your second point: I wouldn't call Asuka vs Nia good, especially when a lot of people consider it to be Asuka's worst match in NXT, and it was pretty obvious Asuka was doing all the carrying in that matchup.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 25, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Julio Cruz posted:

WWE de-pushing Nia for being terrible in the ring (if true) is bullshit considering who the current WWE champion is.

I agree, but at least its much easier to understand why they are pushing Jinder, even if it is massively misguided. They see money in India, and Jinder has Indian heritage (even if he is from Canada). I mean you can question the validity of the push (its a real lovely push), but whatever.

Nia brings pretty much nothing to the table for WWE, revenue wise.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Two Beans posted:

goons: "Nia Jax sucks and she shouldn't wrestle!"

scoopz: "Nia Jax is unsatisfied with the direction of her career and has taken herself out of wrestling."

goons: "The nerve of Nia Jax! Who in the hell does she think she is?!"

I'm saying she doesn't deserve a push because she's lovely in the ring, and she's acting like she deserves a push for almost killing people / ending their careers in the ring. If she's not happy, she should leave. Except I don't think many people will feel sympathetic to her if that ends up being the reason she left is because she felt she should be higher on the totem pole despite being a pile of garbage in the ring.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 25, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RacistGuidingLight posted:

What is "deserves"? If she was promised something that was renegged, then she should let them float.

The problem is, its a he-said she-said situation, and combined with the fact that she's trying to play the WELL MY COUSIN IS THE ROCK card to gain leverage puts her in a way more negative light, combined with the fact that she's probably one of the worst female workers on the main roster right now (and probably the worst on RAW). I think the only people who could be placed around her level are Dana Brooke, Tamina, and Lana.

It reeks of her trying to use nepotism to get a massive (undeserved) push, considering her skill level in pretty much everything wrestling related.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Uh, when did she play that card, exactly? All we know is she went to him for advice and he gave her advice.

There have been reports from various sites (incl Sports Illustrated) saying that she is/probably could play the Rock card for more leverage when/if she comes back.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/10/18/wwe-wrestling-news-neville-bullet-club

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 25, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

STAC Goat posted:

In all fairness, do you know that she made no effort? Its entirely possible she was working but it just wasn't yielding results, or at least not at the "learn on the job" speed WWE often demands from its women wrestlers. I don't think Jax was good or should have been on the main roster but that doesn't mean I can call her lazy or unmotivated. Its not as if the only thing needed to become a good wrestler is will and work. Nor is it the case that being on the active WWE roster necessarily provides you with the opportunity to work even if you have the will.

Same with the "she's playing the Rock card". It seems like you're kind of assuming the worst of Nia in all cases unless there's elements of this story I'm missing.

From what I've seen, she has not improved at all from her NXT days, and has regressed in some aspects.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh I wouldn't stop or yell at people from walking out for being unhappy, but in Nia's case, she's apparently unhappy that she isn't pushed harder/isnt paid more. Problem is, if you suck at your job, do you think you should be paid more/get a promotion? Of course not.

In this situation, Nia is supposedly unhappy with her spot on the card, but that certainly doesn't mean she deserves to be pushed higher up either. I'd say 95% of the main roster women are more skilled than her in every way. Am I saying WWE is in the clear here? No. Yanking her around creatively isn't helping.

But I am saying that if Nia is complaining about not being pushed hard enough, then maybe she needs to take the time to actually learn to wrestle. She has shown little to no improvement in the ring since being called up, and that's on her. Everyone around her is improving (or at least trying to improve). Like someone said earlier, she was in NXT for several years, so they probably called her up in a sink or swim situation, and unfortunately for her, she's sinking like a rock.

That is my main issue here. She feels like she should be higher up on the card or paid more or whatever, but at least in my opinion, she doesn't deserve to be higher up for numerous reasons. If she wants to walk out, that's her decision.

Then again, everything I just typed up will get me called turbosatan or whatever. :shrug:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/923536906591395845

Congrats to the WWE for still making money despite attendance being lower.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Julio Cruz posted:

So it's not the same at all, because bad wrestlers get pushes all the time, see Mahal, Jinder

It's a lot easier to justify Jinder's push, even if it is unwarranted. WWE apparently sees a market in India (even though there really isn't one), and pushing him because of that. He's probably dropping the title soon after the tour, and will be back to jobbing on Main Event a few months later.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
From the latest Observer (emphasis mine)

quote:

WWE is looking to shop around several new reality show ideas for television. One would be a show built around Miz and Maryse, living in Hollywood as a Hollywood star couple, with their celebrity friends, like Ryan Cabrera and Avril Lavigne. According to PW Insider, the working title for the show would be “The It Couple.” It would be another spinoff from Total Divas since Maryse has been on the cast meaning Miz has appeared with her. Another idea is for a 2018 version of the Diva Search, since that idea did bring in a ton of talent who had strong runs with the company, including the Bellas (who never actually made the cut but were first spotted in tryouts), Maryse, Michelle McCool, Layla, Rosa Mendes, Candice Michelle, Christy Hemme, Maria Kanellis, Ashley Massaro, Krstal Marshall, Eve Torres, Taryn Terrell and others who had shorter stints with the company.

Why???? :psyduck:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Julio Cruz posted:

I totally understand (though disagree with) why they're doing it, but that doesn't stop "bad wrestlers don't get pushes" being completely untrue.

The problem with that argument is that who else in WWE at the time was from India/has Indian heritage?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Especially Asuka who is actually bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTqZCM95VPU

I like how the whole Edge and Christian thing on Asuka was both of them basically admitting they never saw any of her matches in NXT, and that she's terrible for using an ankle lock as part of her moveset at TLC, when its pretty much always been a part of her set, since it was usually followed up with a suplex. I don't think it was hard to understand the hype heading into TLC for her. She had incredibly good matches while in NXT. The problem she has right now is that booking/agenting seems to think she needs to struggle to beat Emma.

Also Green Bay was a lovely town in general. I don't think they reacted to much unless you made fun of the Green Bay Packers. And even then, all that did was cause Packers chants to start up.

Also I remember them making GBS threads on Kairi winning the MYC, saying it would have been better for Shayna to win.

So what I'm saying is Edge and Christian are bad.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 28, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Ah, I get it now. Asuka doesn't murder people, she murders their careers instead.

Watch out whoever faces Asuka next!!!!!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Thrifting Day! posted:

Word is that she isn’t the only one getting her papers today.

It'll probably be some people like the Colons.

Aka, people we've completely forgotten about.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It sucks that Summer is gone. But on the other hand, I had completely forgotten about Darren Young until now. :v:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

achillesforever6 posted:

It is not a good look to continue the white washing of Warrior and then firing Darren Young imo

Never said it was a good look. Just that I had forgotten about Darren Young until now. WWE whitewashing the Warrior stuff is also bad. Unfortunately though, I don't see it gaining much attention in the media outside of that Vice article and wrestling sites. Unless a major news outlet (CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc) picks it up, I don't think WWE will back down.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Darren Young basically got released for having the absolute loving temerity to get injured.

Darren Young has been cleared for some time now, iirc.

Odds are it was less "oh we are releasing him because he was injured" and more along the lines of creative had nothing for him. It sucks that he was released, but it's not exactly a notable loss either.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Raskolnikov38 posted:

when was the last time we saw Darren anyway? when he put that terrible chicken wing on miz?

Dunno, but his last match on WWE RAW was December 26th of 2016.

VJeff posted:

I know that, I'm saying he was at least wrestling on Main Event before he got injured and then he got better and he did absolutely nothing until he got released. Not even Main Event or house shows.

His last house show was October 21st of 2017.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Can't wait for a ton of speculation behind this tweet:

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/924682471727423493

Nothing will most likely happen however, its probably just Rusev working everyone. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Weird. It's not on ProfightDB.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=185600

There you go. He was in a tag team match with Curt Hawkins.

• Locked thread