Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i should clarify im talking about big tittie honkers not turkey breasts those are too dry and there's not enough gravy in the world for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my favorite thanksgiving was when Mark Sanchez did the ButtFumble.

its all downhill from there really

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chinatown posted:

my favorite thanksgiving was when Mark Sanchez did the ButtFumble.
i actually hated that play because it came against the Patriots, and i don't like anything that leads to them doing well. i'm a Giants fan because i'm not stupid or masochistic enough to cheer for the Jets

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
My family sucks I mostly travel back home to hang with my wife’s family cause they’re actually pretty cool

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

get that OUT of my face posted:

i actually hated that play because it came against the Patriots, and i don't like anything that leads to them doing well. i'm a Giants fan because i'm not stupid or masochistic enough to cheer for the Jets

that play transcends team allegiances

its the face of god, in NFL play form.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chinatown posted:

that play transcends team allegiances

its the face of god, in NFL play form.
i want to like it, i really do. but my hatred for the Pats is so pure

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i like small boobs 2

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Thanksgiving may or may not be the biggest scam the turkey producers of this country ever pulled.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I.C. posted:

Thanksgiving may or may not be the biggest scam the turkey producers of this country ever pulled.
it's delicious nonetheless

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

You aren't wrong!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dude I'm glad you've eaten some good turkeys but most people can't cook turkeys very well. I guarantee you that on thursday like 95% of the people eating turkey will be chewing their way through super dry-rear end tasteless bird.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Someone on NPR was talking about doing sweet potato gnocchi and it sounded hella good

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

it's a shame really. it's like the animal version of a Christmas tree.

Skypie posted:

Someone on NPR was talking about doing sweet potato gnocchi and it sounded hella good
they are good, I recommend you try making em

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am still sous-vide-ing left over frozen ziploc bags of turkey from a week ago for sustenance.

Yeah, same thing you see in your frozen food aisle.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Zeluth posted:

I am still sous-vide-ing left over frozen ziploc bags of turkey from a week ago for sustenance.

Yeah, same thing you see in your frozen food aisle.
how is turkey sous-vide? I haven't had it that way

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

how is turkey sous-vide? I haven't had it that way

This stuff only a reheat.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

dude I'm glad you've eaten some good turkeys but most people can't cook turkeys very well. I guarantee you that on thursday like 95% of the people eating turkey will be chewing their way through super dry-rear end tasteless bird.
my mom got a turkey fryer a few years ago. it takes 4 minutes per pound and it turns out great. plus she uses the oil to make sweet potato fries

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

my mom got a turkey fryer a few years ago. it takes 4 minutes per pound and it turns out great. plus she uses the oil to make sweet potato fries

That’s cool you can use the oil for something, sucks throwing out enough oil for a Roman orgy. :shrug:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My mom jumped the gun a bit.

So ... Care for some ham?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
all leftover ham just goes into the fridge/freezer for later use in sandos and with breakfast

its literally impossible too have to much spiral cut ham

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I have this aunt and uncle who always come up with the dumbest excuses not to show up to Thanksgiving dinner. Last time, it was that someone on a train had sneezed on my uncle and he was really stressed out by it, so he couldn't make it. The sneeze had happened two days prior.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

The last time I ate a turkey leg was 1994.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Here's what you do with leftovers. Get some pizza dough and roll it out. Cook it til it's just about done. Then you spread mashed potatoes over it. Top with leftover turkey and ham. Pour your gravy over that then lay some provolone cheese on top. Then you chuck it in the over until the cheese is nice and melty.

Bam. Thanksgiving pizza. :chef:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Actually green bean casserole rocks and I eat it year-round, OP. The secret is to add three times as many fried onions as the recipe calls for.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

Actually green bean casserole rocks and I eat it year-round, OP. The secret is to add three times as many fried onions as the recipe calls for.

nice try. no one eats that garbage year around. i reject your poor trolling unequivocally.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If I had to do turkey this year, I would use shears that I never had before. Cut out the backbone. Then break some other bones.

Flatten out the carcass for an even cooking.

As for basting? Nah, just salt it up with whatever you want. When it is done?

That's when you baste! The secret everyone should know.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

My relatives all beat each other up as children and they continue that fine tradition today in the turkey thunderdome

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

To the 20, to the 10, it's a touchdown. Great grandma's million dollar Muromachi statue is in pieces

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

For real though, I don't get why people hang out with other people they don't like, especially on holidays. Why torture everyone? Oh, I guess if you have a gigantic family...but still! Seems catty and masochistic. Guess you are thankful when you go back home? Dunno.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Chinatown posted:

I just eat dark meat and mac and cheese and burbon mostly

This actually sounds really good will you be my family :(

Manic Technophile
Nov 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
We're doing thxgiving at wifey's family's house this year. I'm making pumpkin pie, cranberry relish, and pernil (slow-roasted marinated pork shoulder). I'm gonna get good and high, too, since they never have booze.

Manic Technophile
Nov 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/GifRecipes/comments/7e87wa/thanksgiving_leftovers_baked_casserole/

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I don't care about my family's dumb opinions I still hang out with them and eat food

My sisters husband is a dumbass that pretends to know about about everything just so he can always shoehorn his way in to any conversation

Shut the gently caress up joel

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

My family is pretty cool. No idea what anyone's beliefs are. My cool weird uncle died a while back but everyone there is kinda weird and loves it. We'll drink some wine and play some standard board games.

Should be a decent time. I enjoy family holidays!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Percelus posted:

come on your company can't be that bad :rolleye:

My dude, I invite you to the hell that is being in my presence

Flense your soul upon hearing my words of flyover state

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm looking forward to hearing about the inevitable fight that's going to happen when my stepdad puts football on in front of my currently NFL-boycotting (because of the national anthem kneeling thing) dad and grandparents.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Everyone's old now and my family is neither particularly fun nor funny so it's gonna be me sitting around on my phone wishing I was home while everyone else also sits around on their phones wishing they were home doing literally anything else

also I make award winning pies but most people in my family are picky eaters so I'm sincerely considering just getting a god drat entenmann's because I know they'll eat that at least. Giving my pies to coworkers and friends who actually appreciate them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Verisimilidude posted:

also I make award winning pies but most people in my family are picky eaters so I'm sincerely considering just getting a god drat entenmann's because I know they'll eat that at least. Giving my pies to coworkers and friends who actually appreciate them.

I wonder if you just put the entenmann's thing in your own container and say you baked it if they'd fall for it. If you tried that and they still rejected it, you'll know whether they are doing it for personal reasons or if it's really the picky eating thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

That's sad, that you have such weak ties to your family

Family is blood, flesh and bone forged out of the same gruel you're made out of. You've shared lives together and now you sit around on your phones ignoring one another? How sad. How depressing

I myself am going to go defeat a lingering dark presence in the deep woods with my mom and dad. We believe it to be a demon, but can not be sure. Either way, blood will be spilled on this day

• Locked thread