Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should I go to bed on time tonight so im not tired for work tomorrow
This poll is closed.
goku 12 46.15%
op's mom 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The number to call in for tips for 6ABC Action News in Philly is 666-6666

I always enjoyed that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitey Bunny
May 26, 2009

c h o m p
I like how dramatic this local news is (minus the sperg narrating the whole affair)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya1lfbo6oPA

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

buglord posted:

Fresno, also the subject of a few GBS threads when national news reports some idiot here that shot someone because they happened to wear red on the wrong side of town

Ah, beautiful Fresno. Where the town motto is:

"Come for the High Speed Rail, stay because someone stole your wheels."

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Local news of my home town uses paid advertising as cover for news segments. Two of the three local networks will have a random segment that the anchor will gush over a local business that's done something with thinnest of pretense of newsworthy.

This is such a bottom feeder market that there's one veteran news anchor and the rest of the on air talent are young recent college grads with journalism degrees who stick around long enough to put together a demo reel so they can move on to a bigger market. I've never seen the same reporters twice when I come back to visit the relatives.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
We have one channel where most of the on-air talent have been there since the 80s or even earlier for the meteorologist. They are all dicks. But no one watches the other 2 newscasts (Fox and ABC are run by the same people here).

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Years ago the local network would do a 10 minute hit on the half hour during Good Morning. One time an anchor was really struggling to get through the segment read. Being an innocent child I thought she was suppressing a sneeze. As an adult, decades later, I'm convinced someone was eating her out underneath of the anchor's desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Automatic Slim posted:

Years ago the local network would do a 10 minute hit on the half hour during Good Morning. One time an anchor was really struggling to get through the segment read. Being an innocent child I thought she was suppressing a sneeze. As an adult, decades later, I'm convinced someone was eating her out underneath of the anchor's desk.

I want that job

• Locked thread