Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Looks like a rampant stomach virus turned this luxury cruise into a real Poop Boat. What would you do if you were on a Poop Boat? Would you demand a refund? Pay extra? Do you have any Poop Boat stories you'd like to share? Let's talk about Poop Boats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
all cruises are poopoats fyi. this isnt' even newsworthy. i think there was an a/t awhile back with a goon who worked on cruise ships and basically every cruise has half the people coming down with noroviruses every trip

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
just lol if u aren’t constantly spraying liquid out of your mouth and rear end in a top hat while also shitposting

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I dont see the appeal of cruises. I think everyone that isn't in to poo poo got exactly what they deserved. However, those who are into it did not get what they deserved, a fate too good for them.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Kuato posted:

I dont see the appeal of cruises. I think everyone that isn't in to poo poo got exactly what they deserved. However, those who are into it did not get what they deserved, a fate too good for them.
imagine you are a white 50+ year old guy in relatively poor health with a loveless marriage that you're trying to rekindle and don't actually want the inconveniences of trying to travel to foreign places, like people speaking different languages and food, but you still want to tick off a list of popular sight-seeing items while eating rehydrated mashed potatoes and chicken wings everynight.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Looks like this is a job for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFzTm6fy_zs

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

I've been on a couple Holland America cruises and it's 95% olds. I think if you get sick on a cruise you get sick on dry land all the time too, and you should probably just give up.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Kuato posted:

:agreed: we usually just rent a car and a place but we did make an exception last year in Alaska after spending a week driving around and then a week on a cruise and that was p good

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kuato posted:

I think it's a way for lower-middle class people to feel richer than they are.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

It's a hotel room that follows you while you buy poo poo in the touristy ports.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

:confused:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Maybe i'd go on a cruise if it was just a weekend or 3 days and you just eat cocktail shrimp and stay hammered the whole time

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Captain: do you think we have brought enough poop to keep our passengers happy?

1st mate: I do believe so sir, the vessel is stocked to the gills with fresh poop. We have exotic poops, assorted animal poop, and just a bunch of corn riddled human poop all mashed together, and even rare fossilized dinosaur poop for the high rollers. Yes sir, plenty of poop.

Captain: very well, full steamer ahead, I mean full steam ahead, full steam ahead.

1st mate (giggling): y-yes sir! With pleasure!

:eyepoop:

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

The only good cruise I have ever been on was one that went to Alaska and would stop each day at one of the cities and let everyone explore all day. Plus it was a tiny ship and the food was pretty awesome.

gently caress cruises on those giant megaships they are the worst and the food is also way worse.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They should just have toilet seats over the side rails and you just poo poo in the water. :shrug:

naem
May 29, 2011

heh, heh heh, heh, POOP DECK

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Kuato posted:

https://harpers.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/HarpersMagazine-1996-01-0007859.pdf
peep this if you haven’t, “Shipping Out” by David Foster Wallace on how cruises are terrible is p good (also in “A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again: Essays and Arguments”)

Xaris posted:

all cruises are poopoats fyi. this isnt' even newsworthy. i think there was an a/t awhile back with a goon who worked on cruise ships and basically every cruise has half the people coming down with noroviruses every trip

Norwalk is brutal. My understanding is that part of the transmission is aerosolized puke / poo poo, so they try to quarantine you to your room, as getting sick in an enclosed space with others is a disaster

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

?????

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
Wasn't there a cruise a few years back that was literally awash with feces?

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
The Dave Matthews Band tour bus released its stored poop and pee all over the people in a tour boat in Chicago

I think it was a goon giving the tour? Or a goon was on it?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

I think it's a way for lower-middle class people to feel richer than they are.

it is mostly very old people

i dont really see the appeal where i am in my life right now, but when the time comes if i can afford to choose between a cruise ship and a nursing home i think i'd go for the boat option (nursing homes are also awash in feces, but they dont have bars and dont go anywhere)

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Whenever I use the public restroom I refuse to have my rear end touch the toilet seat. You guys may know the cowboy hat trick, which involves putting two semi-long pieces of toilet paper on each edge of the toilet seat. This way your bottom does not have to touch the toilet seat. You can add a third toilet paper on the back of the toilet for ultra rear end protection.

Cowboy hat pictorial for the unaware:

Now I am sure most of you know the cowboy hat trick, but do you know of the poop boat trick? The poop boat trick is great for when you have not been having swan dive poops and the back splash gets up your butt. You know what I am talking about and it is very nasty feeling and cold as fuuu. Here I will show you how to do the poop boat trick for minimum splash and maximum dash.

So what you will need is three pieces of semi long toilet paper (usually 2-3 squares per strip) and then you will over lap them like so. You may also use a red sharpie to mark the spot where your poop will land for perfect accuracy as shown below.

Sometimes toilet paper in the stall is cheap and thin, if this is the case, it is wise to double fold or double layer to make a more durable poop boat for when sh!t hits the... well, the boat. Once you have assembled your poop boat, it is ready to take it to sea. Gently place it on top of the water so that it floats as shown below.

This is what we have been waiting for. The release. Your boat is ready to take on whatever comes on board and will do its best to keep your booty dry. VIVA LA POOP BOAT!

Remember, don't be wet with regrets! Use the poop boat and stay dry and fly!

Thank you for your time.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I like to think of poop splashback as nature's bidet

sometimes i poo poo with such high velocity that the resulting waves crest over the rim of the bowl and get the floor wet. those are the best poops

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

naem posted:

heh, heh heh, heh, POOP DECK

💩

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Whenever I use the public restroom I refuse to have my rear end touch the toilet seat. You guys may know the cowboy hat trick, which involves putting two semi-long pieces of toilet paper on each edge of the toilet seat. This way your bottom does not have to touch the toilet seat. You can add a third toilet paper on the back of the toilet for ultra rear end protection.

You must have an enormous rear end if it touching the back of the toilet is even remotely a possibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Now I am sure most of you know the cowboy hat trick, but do you know of the poop boat trick? The poop boat trick is great for when you have not been having swan dive poops and the back splash gets up your butt. You know what I am talking about and it is very nasty feeling and cold as fuuu. Here I will show you how to do the poop boat trick for minimum splash and maximum dash.

So what you will need is three pieces of semi long toilet paper (usually 2-3 squares per strip) and then you will over lap them like so. You may also use a red sharpie to mark the spot where your poop will land for perfect accuracy as shown below.

Sometimes toilet paper in the stall is cheap and thin, if this is the case, it is wise to double fold or double layer to make a more durable poop boat for when sh!t hits the... well, the boat. Once you have assembled your poop boat, it is ready to take it to sea. Gently place it on top of the water so that it floats as shown below.

This is what we have been waiting for. The release. Your boat is ready to take on whatever comes on board and will do its best to keep your booty dry. VIVA LA POOP BOAT!

Remember, don't be wet with regrets! Use the poop boat and stay dry and fly!

Thank you for your time.

This is excellent. Please consider using your expertise in the GOONTOONS Christmas party thread.

• Locked thread