Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that

Released in November of 2003, Beyond Good & Evil is an action adventure game directed by Michel Ancel, the creator of Rayman. This was the very first game General Ironicus and I LP'd all the way back in 2008. During the LP, Ubisoft released a teaser trailer showing that Beyond Good & Evil 2 was in the works. After that, it, uh... vanished. Every year or so there'd be new info that'd suggest that BG&E2 was still on the way, or about to be announced. Every year it was all a bunch of bullshit until, suddenly, Ubisoft announced BG&E2 at the end of their E3 2017 conference. It's a sequel a bunch of people have been waiting for, and we once promised we'd go back and remake our very first LP if BG&E2 ever came true. So, let's take a look at Beyond Good & Evil HD, the HD port Ubisoft released on the PS3 and Xbox 360 back in 2011.

VIDEOS
Episode 1: Back to the Beginning.....Cut Commentary
Episode 2: Photobomb.....Cut Commentary
Episode 3: Chili Con Carne.....Cut Commentary
Episode 4: Jellies.....Cut Commentary
Episode 5: Undquarters.....Cut Commentary
Episode 6: Rats
Episode 7: Acting!.....Cut Commentary
Episode 8: The Beluga.....Cut Commentary
Episode 9: Ironicus.....Cut Commentary
Episode 10: Izzy.....Cut Commentary
Episode 11: Rufus
Episode 12: Big Green
Episode 13: Podcasts
Episode 14: Michael Phelps
Episode 15: Wild Boar.....Cut Commentary
Episode 16: Game Development.....Cut Commentary
Episode 17: Memories.....Cut Commentary
Episode 18: The End...?.....Cut Commentary

Also, I'm sure people are wondering where the MGSV LP. It's a really, really big game, but we're currently working on it. This LP is already finished, so we'll be releasing an update every Monday and Thursday, with maybe some exceptions due to the holidays. The MGSV LP won't start immediately after this one is done, since there'll still be a ton of work left to do on it. And if you're wondering where we've been since we finished the Uncharted 4 LP... well, a lot of poo poo happened in my life. :v: We did do another Gextra Life charity stream earlier this year that wasn't posted here, so go check that out! I really, highly recommend watching our playthrough of Cyberswine.

OTHER VIDEOS
Gextra Life 2017
Cyberswine

Chip Cheezum fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

hey!! glad to see you guys back

i never got around to playing this game, maybe i can find time to watch it at least

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Beyond Good & Evil :The LP: Remastered Edition.

Very "Zeitgeist". I like it. The game will definitely take a shine to all of Chip Cheezum's much improved recording and editing procedure.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Looking forward to this. By the way, is Chipod Ironicast dead?

It's OK if it is, because I get my regular dose of podcasts from, well, half of this pair with History Honeys (Ironicus and his wife are a fantastic podcast team!). I still miss hearing you two jabber about game and game adjacent stuff on Chipod Ironicast, though.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Always good to see you guys back, and playing one of my favorite games!

I confess I'm a bit ill at ease with the prequel, but after a decade of waiting, I'll be willing to at least give it a chance.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."
Good to have you back, I love BG&E. Not sure how I feel about the upcoming prequel, but I'm definitely going to give it a chance. Happy to go back and relive the first game though.

KevinCow
Oct 24, 2009
Good to see you back, Chip. I've been looking forward to this since you streamed it a few months back.

I'm not sure how much of this is just that I grew up with the PS2 generation, but the graphics hold up surprisingly well for a 14 year old game. Give it some high res textures and I wouldn't really have any complaints. I mean obviously this is an HD rerelease, but it looks like everything except the resolution was mostly untouched.

Is there any chance you could denote which version is cut and uncut in the thumbnail? Sometimes if I watch on an app, the title can be long enough that that gets cut off and I'm not sure which one to click.

To Protect Flavor
Feb 24, 2016
Never actually checked this game out back in the day.
I always figured it would be super Nietzsche-ey, to be honest, and that didn't sound like a very good time.

So, uh, egg on my face, and I'm looking forward to more of this.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Ahoy, Chip. Good to see ya back :v:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Woo, ground floor of a Chip Cheezum LP. Looking forward to see your style applied to this wonderful gem of a game.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

To Protect Flavor posted:

I always figured it would be super Nietzsche-ey, to be honest, and that didn't sound like a very good time.

The Nietzche Reference in the title came from the producers, the game was originally just going to be called BG&E as a reference to photography.

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
"like Zelda, but with a stealth focus"

So... like Breath of the Wild, then.

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Good to have you guys back. Just finished watching all the Gextra life stuff and was wondering what to watch next. This makes it easy.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Holy crap that fight music is goooooooooooood

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Will there be Baldurdash/Dual Audio links?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I remember buying this game due to the original LP, and it wasn't easy to track down either.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I cannot wait for the CARLSON AND PEETERS now with extra definition.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I still have the OST of this game in my CD binder. Slaughterhouse Scramble will always be my goto when I want race music or just make something feel fast.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Remember when they used Blip.tv? Good times.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Remember downloading source videos from all the old video hosts to bypass the horrible encoding they had back in the day?

Good times.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sweet, ground floor.

EDIT: You guys talked a bunch about the trailer for BG&E2, but what do you think of the gameplay that's been shown so far? At the very least, it looks like it's ambitious as hell

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 19, 2017

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Genocyber posted:

Who could forget the golden age of tie-in merchandising?

Glad to have you guys back.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm curious enough about the prequel that I'll probably aim to get it on release. At least if it sells well enough it may pave the way to the sequel that they were initially hoping for.

Fuzz1138
Feb 3, 2013

We don't have to dream that we're important. We are.
I'll be the blasphemer to admit I've never actually watched the original BG&E LP (there are a few I haven't watched, mostly older ones).
Do you guys think I should go back and watch that before starting this new series?

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
It can be fun to see how different the first LP is, but it's hard to watch. My mic had a really awful hum to it and the resolution of the videos is 320x240. :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ManSedan posted:

Holy crap that fight music is goooooooooooood

There's a whole lot of good music in BG&E.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Fuzz1138 posted:

I'll be the blasphemer to admit I've never actually watched the original BG&E LP (there are a few I haven't watched, mostly older ones).
Do you guys think I should go back and watch that before starting this new series?

Don't bother, it's poo poo. I'm glad that he's revisiting the game.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

To Protect Flavor posted:

Well, Nietzsche was quite the profound thinker. ...Or perhaps he skipped right past profound and went straight to crazy instead. Ah well.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Chip is doing another LP?

I don't believe you.:smug:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Woo, ground floor! God I remember the original LP of this, mostly because I binged it in one huge sitting when I was suffering a really bad fever. That's probably why I didn't really care about the constant bzzzzzzzz :v: It'll be good to see this game when I'm lucid!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh wow. I think I remember seeing this when it first came out (the LP) and I couldn't get into it. Now I sincerely look forward to it!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I got BG&E for free on Gold but I bounced off of it and never made any headway. Glad this is getting traction now so I can see what you guys were so excited about, since I'm so snooty about graphics that I won't go further back than GBA, PS2, Gamecube era.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I'm so snooty about graphics that I won't go further back than GBA, PS2, Gamecube era.

BG&E is a very good-looking game from that era

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Really Pants posted:

BG&E is a very good-looking game from that era

Oh yeah, it looks fine. It's just a game that I didn't get into, so it'll probably be fine to watch instead. I feel the same way with Don't Starve as well.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Genocyber posted:

Those were not good times.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Remember when we only ate raw meat because fire hadn’t been invented yet? Good times.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I'm excited to hear about a SPEEDCRAFT MOTOR in HD

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ariong posted:

Remember when we only ate raw meat because fire hadn’t been invented yet? Good times.

If you don't eat your steak blue, I don't know what to tell you.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dammit you know this game inside out so I can't watch the video all smug knowing about all the little details you don't... cause you already know them!

This game is amazing, buy it, everyone, buy it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Great to see you guys back! I've always loved your LPs. Any plans to do the uncharted 4 DLC?

• Locked thread