Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

In before the carnage starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

And we stunting like
Gucci Gucci, Louis Louis, Fendi Fendi, Prada
Basic bitches wear that poo poo so I don't even bother
The basic bitches wear that poo poo, so I don't even bother
I put that on my partner, I put that on my family
Oakland city represent, address me as your majesty
Yeah you can kiss the ring, but you can never touch the crown
I smoke a million Swisher blunts and I ain't never coming down
Bitch, you ain't no Barbie, I see you work at Arby's
Number 2, super-sized, hurry up I'm starving
Gnarly, radical, on the block I'm magical
See me at your college campus baggie full of Adderalls
Call me if you need a fix, call me if you need a boost
See them other chicken heads? They don't never leave the coop
I'm in the coupe cruising, I got the stolen plates
Serving all the fiends over there by the Golden Gate
Bridge, I'm colder than the fridge and the freezer
I'm snatching all your bitches at my leisure
And we stunting like
I'm lookin' like Madonna but I'm flossing like Ivana
Trump, you know I keep that work in my trunk
Got my hand on the pump if you wanna press your luck
I'm yelling "Free V-Nasty" 'til my throat is raspy
Young, rich and flashy I be where the cash be
You can't find that? I think you need a Google Map
My pearl-handled kitty-cat will leave and press your noodle back
Now Google that groupies follow me like Twitter
I'm rolling up my catnip and making GBS threads in your litter
Why you looking bitter? I be looking better
The type of bitch that make you wish that you ain't never met her
The editor, director plus I'm my own boss
So posh, nails fierce with the gold gloss
Which means nobody getting over me
I got the swag and it's pumping out my ovaries
And we stunting like
Oh, all you basic-rear end hoes out there
Man, I got rooms full of bad bitches
They don't need Gucci, they don't need Louis
We swagging, eh, meow

same

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to hang back a bit at first so I don't overwhelm the thread with my usual posting.

But I'm down with theft. And I'm fine with some of the information being asked for as a starting point, with some editing. I'll need that at a minimum to make good choices.

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now I may change my mind later.

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

C,C,B

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hi friends BCA. I’m not going to know what’s going on in the battle part so I will just be yelling about scum

Kinda how I feel, too. This is my first soldiers game so I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

Everything you just said is like the exact problem with people who claim vanilla Town. You are helping scum way more than us

I'd actually kinda like to know more about this position because I've heard it brought up before but never gotten a satisfactory explanation why it's believed this is the case, particularly on Day 1. (I know he's not exactly claiming VT here, but I'd still like to understand the point.)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

GeneX posted:

Vanilla town is an non-self-verifiable claim of a role of extremely low value for the NK

It puts power roles at greater risk and cannot be proven by itself, meaning it’s a completely free scum fakeclaim at all times, just behind miller.

Sure, but it can be disproven very easily by town PRs if they're ever seen moving in the night, etc, so it doesn't seem to me like it's that much of a "free claim."

This is a little bit of a tangent so we don't need to go down this road too much farther, but the logic just doesn't add up to me.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm here and trying to catch up now on lunch, holiday weekend did a number on me.

Re: KB's post requesting top three scum candidates, on my quick skim through so far I lean towards PMush (really, really hated her info reveal) followed by one of either Kash or Quid, and Slaan. I'm going to go back through again though. No vote yet until I can look into these four more, but I'll be around on and off until deadline, particularly the last hour.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

PMush Perfect posted:

- TG's claim is kinda weak sauce but I don't think there's anything inherently scummy about it. His reaction is very strong, but I could also see this as a town player with a cool ability getting upset for being called scummy when he's trying to be helpful.

In the same post, we have:

"He's a town player with a cool ability trying to be helpful!"

...followed by doing the exact same thing and then wondering why you drew heat?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Thanks for the feedback?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

I'm here and trying to catch up now on lunch, holiday weekend did a number on me.

Re: KB's post requesting top three scum candidates, on my quick skim through so far I lean towards PMush (really, really hated her info reveal) followed by one of either Kash or Quid, and Slaan. I'm going to go back through again though. No vote yet until I can look into these four more, but I'll be around on and off until deadline, particularly the last hour.

Reread Quid, going to take him off my list for now because both the frustration and the apology feel genuine to me and nothing jumped out at me apart from that on looking at just his posts in a vacuum. Kash is my next reread but not going to be able to get to that for a bit.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

My bad for not coming back faster, was figuring deadline would take a little longer.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mafia edit: by deadline I meant hammer.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Oh yeah, also definitely want to know if anyone not in battle has any new damage/negative effects. Be as detailed as you can without breaking the rules.

As best as I am aware I was not affected by anything outside of battle.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

I'm taking a look at the four posters with the fewest posts. If my reads are short, well so's their post history.

Max Peck feels okay?

IS has very little to nothing.

FL feels good, the posts are few in number but have content.

Sal also has nothing but is citing a difficult work week so we may take that for what it's worth.

Thank you this has been my read.

Fair criticism, I have not been around a lot. I knew with the holidays D1 was going to be tricky for me but didn't expect to be quite as busy as I was. Moving forward this should not be an issue apart from regular work hours and whatnot.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Hi folks.

I'm really really pleased with this outcome. Their leader went against us and we only lost Bread.

Good work.

Yeah, I feel like this bodes pretty well for us moving forward, too. Minimal losses against an army that included the opposing leader makes me feel like we can more than make up for that loss in future battles. :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I want to talk to someone about the lynch and bounce ideas off of them because there are a bunch of esoteric ideas in my brain hole that I need to consolidate.

There, in my opinion, was a strong content reason to lynch PMush. I still think that her Kash vote was NOT based on scumhunting, and, now that she’s flipped town, it seems like it’s because that case was based on emotion, not substance.

There were a bunch of people who followed the case. I don’t think that everyone who parroted that case is scum, just perhaps lost town trying to grab onto any case that sounds good. But I do think the timing of those who voted PMush can tell us something, I just don’t know what timing I’m looking for.

I'm around for a bit so if you want to bounce things off me feel free.

I can tell you my own distrust of PMush obviously centered around her reveal of info that was in my opinion detrimental to town. I haven't gone back yet to look at how the wagon formed there but that was clearly the direction I was leaning on voting although I didn't get back to the thread in time to do so. I'm also of the mindset that even though she was town it was not a huge loss given her general attitude and reluctance to defend herself.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Actually I made plenty of solid reads. I don’t throw my vote around, because I want my vote to mean something when I put it done.

This interests me because although it may be the case this game, I feel like you've played differently than this in past games we have been in, although no specific game jumps to mind. Do you feel like your playing this game differently, or do you think I'm way off base?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Why is detrimental to town automatically mean it’s scummy? Town do detrimental things all the time because they are human.

Sure they do, but there's also different degrees between, say, pushing for a misdunk and outing info about your role with no provocation to do so. I don't think there was any reason for her to reveal that info in that fashion at that time, which I found scummy and frankly not believable.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Day 1 I definitely played more reserved, but that was because my usual shtick of compelling content and being loud would have been unnecessary and I think distracting. Either it would have been ignored or, maybe even worse, split the town when we already had three viable lynch targets. I think I was wrong to do that because KB did a good job of rounding people up and I don’t have the self momentum I usually have going into day 2

I like this response a lot, thanks.

You've mentioned MMT and AA as being suspicious to you so I'm making a note to reread those two tomorrow morning and I also want to finish the reads I didn't get back to before the dunk (Kash/Slaan).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m going to have to think on this. I think I have an assumption that it’s easy for scum to make a case on the role reveal than the substance because scum look for contradiction more than scum motivations. I think there’s some tell whether it was scum or town and I think it has to do with the timing, but I have no clue where it comes from.

I'm not entirely certain what you mean here so I'm going to try to restate. You're saying that it's more likely for scum to have been focused solely on PMush revealing role info and pushing that aspect of her as scummy as opposed to her interactions with others and building a case that way?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I don't know what the gently caress I'm saying to be honest, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything but more have a conversation so I can figure out what is going on. Like, the best way to explain it is that my gut is telling me to look at the timing of people who voted Pmush because of her reveal and I'm trying to figure out why. I do think that it would be easier for scum to make that case because it is more what they are looking for (contradictions, bad play) to manufacture cases, but at the same time, of course not all the people who voted for Pmush on that basis would be scum.

I don't think you're entirely off base and it's worth taking a look at (in my case, in the morning with fresh eyes, today's been long enough for me).

Murmur Twin posted:

hahahahaha I just realized you have a Texans avatar [b[##vote IS[b]

Yes, I enjoy rooting for lovely football teams :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I am back to read and catch up now.

Don't like that Quid thing at all but don't want to dogpile a vote without giving Quid a chance to explain and tbh given how yesterday's thing worked out with PMush I also don't want to lock myself into one option when there's lots of other people to read/question too. Consider my vote to be on Quid for now though.

KB, you asked earlier today about healing- I have a very weak day heal if needed.

Going back to read now.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Just finished a reread of MMT and felt like most of her cases were based on pretty reasonable points even if I didn't always 100% agree with every point. One thing that did jump out to me was her casing of Chaoslord last night, which seemed to be a sudden switch of focus when she'd been pushing Gamer pretty hard and now she's returned to Gamer today. I'm going to mull that over while I take a look at AA next.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Moving on to AA. There's more here that I question than MMT.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm not a day 1 player. I'm a lower tier character that shines best mid to late game but not late game. Don't let it fall on me to save the day, and I'm not motivated enough to get out of bed for war at the beginning. Let me know when the blood starts flowing.

Feels bad, like a pre-emptive excuse for not being involved with the game early on (which is probably ironic that I'm the one making this point, given I wasn't that active D1 either, but takes one to know one, I guess).

I'm suss of GotG. Seems like flooding content to appear town. I need to drink more. Get less subjective eyes.

GotG ehhhh maybe town, I feel less bad about them.

Two AA posts later:

Out of the leaders, Gamer is my next choice because I still think they've given little to nothing of use to the thread while generating suspicion for themselves.

:crossarms:

P Mush legit looks bad, but I've been wrong about this type of thing before, most recently in Minifauxnen Mafia where I thought RF/NGO were scum and I bulldogged on what I thought was anti-town behavior. Don't want to repeat that, but P Mush legit looks bad.

However, I will say that I probably won't vote for P Mush for my previous given reasons in spite of thinking their play bad, I think it was just phone post skimming because of you know, other things. Which I'm guilty of myself.

I told you all PMush was probably town as their reasons were convincing. I get they probably dropped the ball with how they claimed, but that's all moot now anyhow...

These three posts feel to me like AA trying to distance himself from what he knew was going to be a misdunk after the ball had gotten rolling fast enough. Don't like it.

AA is second on my scum list right now behind Quid, pending whatever explanation we get there.

Taking a break and then going to read Slaan.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Ok folks, this could still change later, but consider this the healing assignments for now if you want to enter them into your sheets.

AA and Gene and IS heal Monathin
Sal heal Kash
Slaan heal Tobbs
FL heal TMM

I may also do some other stuff in the background to help out.

Please acknowledge this when you see it so I know it's handled.

Acknowledged and done.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Some rear end in a top hat tried to prowl around my house last night and as a result I slept like poo poo and am really dragging today. I did not finish my reread of Slaan yet and would still like to.

That said, based on what I'm aware of now and in respect to KB's stated goal of being ready to dunk tonight, I'm going to ##vote Quid now so I have a vote placed in case I'm not around a lot today. Would also vote AA today too but don't currently see much movement in that direction.

I'll try to be around this afternoon.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Took another look at Slaan (reread his posts twice over in spurts between last night and this morning) and it could just be my lack of own focus or not reading in context but I didn't have any serious alarm bells going off there.

I'm mostly in "wait and see" mode between the upcoming flip of Quid and seeing who's put in battle tonight and where.

I remain suspicious of AA and intend to vote him to begin D3 unless something from the remainder of the day exonerates him. I also, however, like Monathin's just-posted case on Keane a lot and think that's worth pursuing tomorrow too.

KB, I'm assuming you have battle lines set but just to keep you informed I have no need or specific desire to be in battle tonight.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Scumthulhu, scum-aligned scumbo was executed D2. Also Texas didn't ratify its constitution.

:lol:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I saw it and assumed he did it on purpose.

Let's just say post-battle (and maybe pre-battle in the Texas thread) analysis will be very informative.

I don't like the thought of losing a second straight battle but if this is KB's plan I agree that it will likely lead to a lot of info.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I know I've been mentioned a couple of times and will respond to those and read more deeply the posts I missed from yesterday/this morning on my lunch break.

For now, I will ##vote AA as I said I would do at the end of the game day yesterday pending further developments.

KB, if you requested healing targets for today, I've missed it- let me know if you wish me to heal someone during the day today. My day heal is not Shine-dependent.

Either today or tomorrow I'd like to be put in battle and if battling would like to be placed in the back row as mentioned before but that's completely up to KB and I understand.

I'll be back for more reading/posting in about three hours.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Murmur Twin posted:

Hats, IS - who are your strongest reads after AA?

I have to admit, after re-reading the two of them I’m starting to question if AA is just the patsy (scummiest looking town) and I’m falling for it.

I'm still back on page 49 and re-reading but have to take a shorter lunch than usual so going to get back to it after work.

To be honest with you I was pretty-well locked in on AA to enter today but have not yet looked into implications of the Peck scumflip yet so going to have to get back to you on this.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

You people post a lot, Jesus.

##unvote since it seems I've missed something interesting with Moat in the time I've been gone. Back to catching up from where I left off.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Full disclosure: this is all phone-posting and from many pages back as I catch up so I'm likely going over territory already covered but this seemed better than individual re-reads with 400 posts to catch up on

TMMadman posted:

My guess is it kills you if it makes you reach 0 HP. Maybe scum thought you got healed enough to prevent you from dying and wanted to make sure a healer wouldn't be able to help for a couple of days.

Quote was regarding the night kill, but...this pings me as a throwaway post. Do we really expect anything else would happen if a player reached 0 HP? Second sentence is better but the first part of that is "duh" enough to raise an eyebrow.

Ah, I'm a medic. I'm out of shine as previously stated. Only got my brujeria now.

Truth Quark posted:

You're a Medic whose only heal is shine based?

Like TQ, I don't believe this statement at all.

Slaan posted:

I do want to ask Sober though:
Why do you not want to be in battle?

The answer to this question could change my mind easily.

Cutting the rest of your post to respond to this: I didn't want to be in battle the first couple of rounds because some of the things I can do in battle work better with a little more information to work with. I really don't want to say more than that right now but I think I did post earlier today and either today or tomorrow I wouldn't mind being in battle if KB's ready for me to be.

IllegallySober posted:

Either today or tomorrow I'd like to be put in battle and if battling would like to be placed in the back row as mentioned before but that's completely up to KB and I understand.

Oh hey, yup, I did :downs: (I honestly couldn't remember if I posted that on my quick break or not. Glad I'm not completely insane.)

Truth Quark posted:

I have a town read on Kashuno, but it's worth noting that scum players often include at least one other scumbo in their lists, and both of the other players on this one have flipped town. It's hardly damning but it's something to keep in mind.

I like this point. I've noticed the same trend in previous games.

Teresita sat back as Pancho questioned her loyalty to the cause. She was determined to prove her dedication.

"Comandante, I am Teresita. Once a lowly vaquero, and now a medic in your army. I joined up with your cause to lend what little medical knowledge I had, but my family has a long history in the church as well... penance for our attachment to the arcane and otherworldly."

"What I lack in physical strength and hardiness, I more than make up for with my holy fervor."

---

I have what I would assume is average health.
I am physically, not very capable and instead prefer the use of spirit based skills.
I appear to be designed for ranged warfare, but even then, I'm hardly a damage dealer with my real utility coming from debuffs.

During the day phase so long as I have shine, I can heal what I now believe to be a medium-high amount of damage. I claimed moderate as to not get interfered with when trying to heal monathin, but that failed because I've played like a scumbo. This is miscible messages.

I can attempt ranged stamina based damage, but my stamina isn't average. The benefit of this particular attack is I stun them if my CHA is better, and that is also average. Battle Ability: Ranged. This is Chill Down Your Spine.

I used my OPG Indomitable Will thinking I was probably going to get killed for playing like a scum. This made me untargetable in the last battle prelim phase?(maybe the whole battle given that I'm unscathed).

I used Bloody Tears Flow Forth, a ranged AOE attack to try and spook the enemy and the action as disclosed was a success, but I may or may not have spooked anyone.

My last ability which I want to use is Beat of the Tell-Tale Heart. A battle ability that targets myself, but does ~things~ which I don't want to disclose at the moment, even to you comandante.

Hopefully this is a satisfactory write up.

Okay, so you said you're out of Shine now. Can you state which of the above abilities used your Shine? And you're saying then that the Tell-Tale Heart ability does NOT use Shine (since you have none) but does ~things~ that you can't talk about?

Posting this now so my phone doesn't crash it, back with more shortly.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Murmur Twin posted:

Also re: KB's request - unless I missed it, neither Quid nor Peck mentions Hats or IS at any point.

I haven't looked yet to verify this but honestly it would not surprise me if this was the case and it's something I tend to look for once scum have flipped too; so I'm kind of glad to see someone else identify this even if it throws shade on me too. I'll try to verify this independently in a bit.

King Burgundy posted:

I may not actually weigh in on who to cuddle today at all. Unless you folks are super convincing. So don't feel like you can just hang back and wait for me to organize you for this one.

Pretend that it is all you, because it might be. You now have a little over a day to get someone cuddled. As with D1, our target for cuddle is 2 hours before deadline to make sure there are no last minute shenanigans where no one gets cuddled and to make sure all actions are in.

--- For heals, lock these in for now, preliminarily

Slaan and IS heal TMM
TQ heal FL
AA load your heal for FL as if you'll have a special delivery to make that possible.

I'll do what I can in the background to also assist folks.

If you have a non shine day heal that for some reason you haven't already claimed, feel free to pick one of FL/TMM and make it so.

Locked in the above for now, per KB's request.

Murmur Twin posted:

Outside of Quid (when the noose was tied) and AA (which was a really easy case to make), IS has used a lot of words to not really call anyone scum. Almost every read is hedge-y and vague.

Full disclosure - it's messing me up a little bit that IS seems to have healed Monathin but I don't know that it necessarily invalidates the fact that IS seems to be trying to fly under the radar. I certainly don't think there's anything in his history that justifies Hat leaning town on him.

If you are trying to look at my contributions as glass-half-empty, then sure, I suppose. Your view of my case on AA as "easy" is your own opinion. I think you're looking for reasons to be suspicious of me rather than the opposite here, which is your right to do, but I think you're trying too hard to make a case out of very little.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Since KB mentioned healing, I'm going to put this out there now, so it's not muddying the waters later--I do have some damage on me, and I'm going to use a day ability to heal back to full. But somebody is going to have to take a (very small) bit of damage for it to go off (and I *do* heal for quite a bit more than I deal, fwiw). If someone wants to volunteer, go ahead, otherwise I'll be targeting whoever seems likely to get lynched.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If we were to lynch the target of your day action, I think it would fail?

The Lord of Hats posted:

That... huh. That does make sense.

I'll ask Podima.

Did you get an answer to this, Hats?

Truth Quark posted:

We've already flipped one scum not contributing (Quid). Even if he may or may not have had a legit excuse, he still flipped scum. We also flipped another scum not contributing much (Max). I don't think it's a terrible leap to look at people not contributing much to scum hunting since that has been their modus operandi this game.

In my experience, if the scum team had members who weren't contributing much, there was usually someone else on the team trying to over-post to make up for it. Thus, I'd actually think the remaining scum were likelier to be posting more, as opposed to less.

Moatillata posted:

Yeah, I'd rather not say, I didn't know tobbs got something, I just thought he noticed something I did but I guess I was wrong so yeah

Oh, there's the Moat thing.

Yeah, that's not good-sounding but for the moment I'm not going to leap straight to the judgment a la PMush and see how this plays out.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

YPM, your case seems like you cut/pasted incorrectly in a couple places but I read it and think you made some good points. Want to ponder and come back in the morning.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The Lord of Hats posted:

I did, targeting the lynch target would result in a failure for my ability. Alas!

That makes sense so good to have confirmation at least.

Murmur Twin posted:

Oooh, this pinged you? Can you elaborate?

I'm not sure if I'm being :thejoke: here or what but have we been given any indication whatsoever that being reduced to 0 HP would NOT result in death?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mafia edit: Pretend I said "no HP" instead

(I really hope the above post doesn't qualify as using numbers, Pod. I posted that before remembering and I just woke up.)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Murmur Twin posted:

I’m not so much asking about the factual accuracy of it, I’m more asking why you included it at all. Did it affect your opinion of anyone’s alignment?

Not really. I mean, it was TMM's post and it caused me to reread him but I think he's still bought himself quite a bit of credit for the dunk on Quid and I liked a few other of his posts (although I'd forgotten how hard he tunneled on Keane in the early game).

I still think it's a strange point to make unless he has game information that I don't, though.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Murmur Twin posted:

I don’t believe this is a town thought process - IS is basically saying that on d3 (after quids flip) that a very inconsequential post about 0HP made IS question his opinion on TMM.

##vote IS

So I should just chalk anyone up who was involved in flipping a scum as 100% town and never question any post they make thereafter that I find strange?

I'm not taking anyone involved in this game besides KB as 100% town, including you. Maybe especially you after that move.

##vote MMT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Murmur Twin posted:

I’m not talking hypotheticals here, I’m talking about this game. TMM was obviously town after what went down with Quid - I don’t buy for a second you read that “0 HP” post and all of a sudden wondered what his alignment was.

Did I miss where he's been mod-confirmed as such?

I'm not arguing that he's scum, I believe he's town just like you do. I also thought you were likely town until you made a post that caused me to question that. You're being really disingenuous and I can only conclude that the reason you're doing it is because you're scum looking for an easy target.

• Locked thread