Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yes me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

flerp i love your new av :love:

i hate your garfield claim tho

##vote flerp take that!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

just thinking about killing scum gives me a pants tent.

it's just the fabric!!!!!1!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

The next person to post is scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah I dig that AA walk back case, hella weird

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

tfw you bus your scum partners during d1 jokephase

##vote 50 pounds

Are you saying that 50 and three other people are scum in this game?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

THIS TWELVE PERSON GAME????

##vote b-minus

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I know it's not 4!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

i'm gonna hit u with my wiimote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

i find it a little odd that you're singling my post out of all the other d1 votes. but because you asked, i was only pointing out that 50 pounds seems to be throwing votes around, potentially as an early soft d1 bus of his scumteam during jokephase. so yeah, my vote was a serious as you can get on day 1, my favorite day in mafia.

I don't like this post either! The holier-than-thou OMGUS in the beginning looks real forced

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I

100% forgot I was in this game, lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote b-minus

The reply to pmush looks like self-aware forced lies to make an otherwise joke vote credible, because they are scum and got nervous that the joke had come under real scrutiny.

That's what I think.

Open and shut.

Slam and dunk.

Roger and Wilco.

Hmmm...

I don't like P Mush's follow up reply. The only reason I thought bmin scum was because I thought P Mush was asking jokingly about bmin's vote.

I'm torn between which reads more suspiciously.

##unvote

This is the second time in the thread AA voted and then immediately second guessed himself, yeah? I remember people thinking he was susp for doing that earlier in thread and then he does it again. I think that might be more indicative of him being town, but I'm interested to see if anyone calls him out again on this, or if someone complained the first time and ignored it the second time....

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

When I made that post, I didn't think that people would actually think that I thought there's four scum in this game. I was only suggesting that perhaps 50 pounds was soft busing his scumteam with some of his jokephase votes. I have since explained why that post pinged me - i've seen a similar play before.

I've been trying to make sense of why what I thought was a relatively harmless post blew up in my face. I reread the last page, and I now sort of understand why Pmush asked me to clarify my "serious" post. I think it's not because of my interpretation of 50 pounds' votes, but because I voted for him. When I made that post, I was well aware that we were still somewhat in jokephase, and everyone was making jokey votes based on non-serious reads. I was only trying to point out something that pinged me about 50 pounds, so I made a "serious" read and vote to see how he would respond (and other than immediately voting for me, he hasn't). I'd like to think that if I had made that post later in the game, when votes have much more weight to them, I would have only posted my reads without actually voting.

Hnnnnnh

I actually want to believe that b-minus is sincere for about 2/3rds of this but the second paragraph is just so verbose it looks like it has to be faked. But I think ultimately this is probably town b-minus because I tend to have a scum hardon for him pretty constantly for the reason I just stated, and I'm usually wrong.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I just felt the framing of the callout was weird. I don't think b min actually thought there were four scum in a 12 person game, and I feel like I could parse Fiddy's play as curious with all the voting.

I think P Mushs callout is not sincere.

I believe this also, I need to look at PMush around b-minus after I catch up.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Chic's giving me some scum vibes. Have some earlier feelies I need to go back and look at but this post in particular I don't like:

Chic Trombone posted:

:agreed: that b-'s "blew up in my face" statement was odd

First, I don't agree with this interpretation; I think b-minus pretty clearly looks like a defeated woe is me townie over a self conscious caught scum. But more importantly, this is a direct parrot of one or two other opinions posted earlier.

quote:

also think it's interesting that they walked it back after only like 2 votes on them in this post, because "nobody agrees with me", the worst reason to back off a case

I just don't like this. I think it's kind of unnecessarily...targeted? If that makes sense? Like Chic looked at "I need to have an opinion on why the blew up comment is weird" but didn't really land explaining what's bad about the opinion, since they would be faking having that opinion. if that makes sense.

quote:

That said, b- does have a point about fiddy's disappearance here too

Ending with an about face opening to change their mind later. Pretty standard scum post all around, if you ask me.

##vote Chic

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I also just want to point something out about the claim that I made a walk back.

My vote wasn't on a player in the game and I didn't assign it to anyone in votefinder, because it was a joke vote. I am unfunny.

I think this is a better explanation than awkwardness, albeit the truth.

I wanted to call chic and quid weird for noting it, but decided that perhaps, just maybe, it did look weird.

However, I want to go back on that, because I think the obvious joke posts, and vote on no one are weird things to jump on.

So chic and quid, I'd like to understand how you interpreted that as such.

This is also why I've stepped back from pmush and bees, and have decided that their interaction was genuine.

I don't really have any idea what the hell is going on in this post but "I have a guilty conscience about something basically unrelated to the game and must announce it" feels more town guilt than scum guilt to me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

flerp posted:

theres a scumbo or two in here trying to lynch my friend b-

I agree with flerp!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I just figured if it was on vote finder and unassigned, scum could actually place it on someone. So to mitigate that completely. I just removed it.

Like i said previously, no nervousness or smoking gums or anything... It was just silly for the sake of silly. It's weirder that you are trying to make it a thing IMO.

Again, I buy this, and I feel like this is a very town thing to be guilty about and feel like you needed to announce to everyone. I see why people aren't interpreting it that way but to me this is something scum would just shut up about and try to laugh off later.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I mean I get it, d1 pretty much all we have to go on is "vibes".

I don't think AA is scum simply because he's posting so much

I don't like this post. It says absolutely nothing.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't like this response to that NevergirlsOFF post I just quoted:

Chic Trombone posted:

maybe i'm Out Of The Loop meta-wise but i don't think the average scum is more likely to lurk than the average town

I don't see how this is Chic's response to that weirdass post. It feels again like a weird shoehorned in talking buzzpoint that could devolve into a meta-mechanics discussion derail while seemingly looking like they are contributing. Scuuuuuuum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

I disagree with you on just about every possible point, Quid, but at least you're posting now.

That's funny because my scumteam picks right now are Chic, Never, and you!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, I mean pessimism and ironic living is cool and all, but I'm just a simple dork. I'll never be cool enough to be uncool cool?

How could anything I'm saying be misconstrued as disgenuine? Like elaborate if you want to poke holes, don't just poop on my thoughts with no explanation.

Come on, guys, this is not a scum post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

I have been explaining? I think you entered the game nervously and now you're upset about being caught out and are trying to manufacture a case on me in order to undermine my case on you

which is a pretty standard "omgus" technique

AA is voting for Chic at this point, but hasn't actually made a case on her:

I just figured if it was on vote finder and unassigned, scum could actually place it on someone. So to mitigate that completely. I just removed it.

Like i said previously, no nervousness or smoking gums or anything... It was just silly for the sake of silly. It's weirder that you are trying to make it a thing IMO.

Imma do this instead...

##vote Trombone

Kek, you really dwindling down what I'm saying to an omgus? Or ignoring my whole breakdown of my thoughts on you and bee? Or even agreeing that 50s day 1 joke votes could be suspicious.

:ironicat:

Tut-tut, you'll have to do better.

These are mostly points that I raised, because there was no one talking and compared to everything else, this seems the best to discuss at the moment.

Are there other cases besides "this person hadn't said much"

Again, I don't understand why Chic is calling this anything but an OMGUS "I'm pissed at you" vote. It's almost weirdly defensive on HER part to assume AA is casing her; feels unnecessarily guilty. What's interesting furthermore is that this is the only thing AA says that looks remotely like a "case" on Chic:

It's weirder that you are trying to make it a thing IMO.

And she SPECIFICALLY calls that out:

Chic Trombone posted:

your talking points are basically "i think it's weird that you think it's weird" and i don't think you're being genuine AA

...before she then strengthens her case by saying he's "manufacturing a case against her." I am pretty sure it was the other way around; she manufactured him fake casing her when he isn't!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

50 pounds of bread posted:

Right now I am just laughing about all the discussion being revolved around me. Am I scummy, or are the people who vote me scummy?

Initially I didn't like you kind of defending me by questioning bee movie, but then bee movie responded in the oddest way of ever forever.

Now AA is weird because he said the smart thing, then turned it into the dumb thing, but why?!

Then chic is like, hey AA, the thing you did before the dumb thing was weird, but the dumb thing is weird too so take this, then he went aha-chacha and did that thing.

Then flurpee was like, hey I'm a bug fluffy rabbit, don't kill the bees, and now I'm like, whaaaat?

Does everyone have a PR in this game to post like a storybook that's been run through a washing machine, or can I just not read english tonight?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Don't take acid and post lol, I'm having trouble parsing

OK not just me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

got off on a technicality posted:

Deadline is 5am local time for me so I'm afraid I won't be around for that. As pmush said I'm uncomfortable with the lurking and would be happy to vote Hal, CCK or others who have been MIA. I also realize that the meta might be hostile to policy lynching lurkers on D1 but gently caress it.

Neither AA nor B- read as scummy to me. Awkward and/or overzealous but not scummy. 50 is as annoying as he was 5 years ago but I'm comfortable with that. I'm going to bed in an hour and will finalize my vote by then

A good, towne post

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

got off on a technicality posted:

Oh yes I would also be good with voting Derby or possibly Quid for those reasons

A bad, scum followe upe

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

flerp posted:

ive alrdy outed quid, so im assuming he gave up and/or having a meltdown in the scumdoc

lolol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

That would be hilarious, but also that doesn’t seem like quid’s style. He usually doesn’t go down without a fight and based on his post history he hasn’t been active for a few days.

Yeah, good job, b-minus!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm solo parenting and not sure if I'll be able to be functional for deadline.

Thoughts on people who have votes on them

b-minus1 - not sure here. I think the vote on 50lbs was sincere. however it was followed by like three backtracking essays. would vote to avoid nolynch.

quid - ok, I'm thinking that quid is scum, potentially with b-. TO ME, it seemed clear that b- wasn't saying definitely there were 4 scum in game. I think quid was light bussing them, or zeroed in on them, then it got out of hand and disappeared. imho, prime lynch target.

aa - like I said before, lots of content, I don't think a good d1 lynch.

hal - suspicious. posted above " I keep looking but no one has said anything interesting" when frankly a lot of interesting posts have been made. and other than that, no contribution... this is my second choice for lynch.

chic - I don't think is scum. not getting that "vibe", good d1 content. I think aa's vote on chic is misguided.

## vote quid

Oh MAN, is this a scum post.

"I"m leaning neutral on b-minus and would really only vote to no dunk" to an immediate "quid is probably scum and MOST LIKELY WITH B-." That doesn't track at all. Also, notice: absolutely no mention of b-minus just hardcore defending me in a post literally three posts before this and yet never is connecting us together in a major way. How does that follow? The "light bussing" thing feels hardcore manufactured to me as well, although I might have been nice to b- earlier or something for all I know. Why would you make a major claim like that and not show your work with a quote? Feels like lazy scum needing to get something down on deadline day.

The AA opinion is really a null read at best - what in AA's content is good? The defending himself against Chic part? Does that mean you think Chic is scum? I don't know, because you mention Chic later but also have a null read opinion on her. Then Never names ANOTHER lurker as the other scum pick, and this post is done.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I called this out earlier - I don't like this post. It's like... Surprisingly unhelpful and doing nothing. But feels like 50 wants us to think it's helpful. 50 warrants a closer look depending on quid/b- situation imho

Setting up a chain dunk, basically from either of us since there's no commitment to even an "if x then y" scenario.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

I hadn't considered Quid. I might give him a quick read once I get home from work.

These "I'm here the game is just boring" posts smell like bullshit, Keane's especially. Hal's at least contributing an original thought, but Keane is here in only the most token way possible. If he wanted to post in joke phase, he could have done so for several days. Dropping in now, when his presence is crucial, but with such a weaksauce, reasonless vote and a jokey tone?

Add Keane right onto my "would gladly vote" list.

I don't think I'll be voting Chic under any circumstances. I already explained my town read, and her being extra prolific is even more of a reason not to, imo. Also not voting GooaT for obvious reasons.

Other than that, I'm lacking many other strong convictions at the moment, but I'm gonna try to narrow that down by deadline. Expect more train of thought posting over the next couple hours.

This entire post is "lets kill the lurkers."

What are the obvious reasons for excusing GooaT? I haven't even seen them post, why is GoaT the only excused lurker in this group?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

It is weird that this seems to be a serious vote from Quid. I don't see how b-minus's post that seemed like a joke could turn into a case for quid. I would assume Quid was joking too but he also doubled down by saying something else b-mius did was scummy later. Totally seems like lazy scum quid trying to turn a joke into a case.

##vote Quid

It was a mostly joking vote that I was more interested in seeing the reaction from so I pretended it was kinda serious and maybe it sorta was but meh.

Also, I'm remembering now: All my content has been riding b-minus's rear end, but it was like, two posts, so that makes Never's poo poo about me "light bussing that got out of control" feel even MORE manufactured as a reason why I am scum.

1. The few posts I made were in no way "getting out of hand," because nobody who was susp of b- even mentioned my opinion in their casing.
2. Why would the best choice for the scum team at that point be "lurk the gently caress out, Quid"

Never is definitely scum, would also vote.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

The points on Quid are fair and i'll give them a read shortly

This is 100% a faked read.

These are all the cases that have been presented about me at the point Chic says this, other than "he's lurking":

Hal Incandenza posted:

It is weird that this seems to be a serious vote from Quid. I don't see how b-minus's post that seemed like a joke could turn into a case for quid. I would assume Quid was joking too but he also doubled down by saying something else b-mius did was scummy later. Totally seems like lazy scum quid trying to turn a joke into a case.

##vote Quid

That is a real case.

quid - ok, I'm thinking that quid is scum, potentially with b-. TO ME, it seemed clear that b- wasn't saying definitely there were 4 scum in game. I think quid was light bussing them, or zeroed in on them, then it got out of hand and disappeared. imho, prime lynch target.

That is a fake case.

PMush Perfect posted:

I hadn't considered Quid. I might give him a quick read once I get home from work.

That is not a "point" at all.

There's no way Chic looks at those points and says that multiple people have made good points. She just saw that multiple people had posted about me and jumped on it.

15 minutes later:

Chic Trombone posted:

Read Quid and yeah, I can see it. It's not my strongest scumread (that's still AA) but I'd vote him

Also a faked "read."

Notice in both of these posts by Chic, she does not explain why this is her opinion at all, just that it is a good opinion to have and one she agrees with. There's no content.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

'got off on a technicality' is the new/returning player. Dunking them on D1 would be a dick move.

Oh, yes, I liked them. Didn't parse that was an acronym, literally thought there was a person named GooooaT like a goat saying the word "goat"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

In other words, I think you framing my play today as unrelated to the game, defensive and omgusing are terribly inaccurate.

I did address why I thought chic was scum.

Seems like you're catch up posting, but really... you all make me sound like an emotional wreck typing wildly and randomly, but that's simply untrue.

:rubchinadnauseum:

Dude, I was on your side, now this does look weirdly defensive. I mentioned one post of yours that I didn't like, did you not see the billion I had agreeing with you? :psyduck:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, how is Hal where you land in all of this? I was a leading candidate before, then I presented three new candidates. You would think you would either believe I was being sincere and consider one of my candidates, or you would think, as you seem to be saying, that I'm being insincere, and probably coming in trying to save my hide with a load of rapid fire crap, which would then...make you want to vote me? Why Hal?

I want to believe that this is some weird stubborn town martyr thing or something but it's weird af

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

cool mischaracterizations, wrong conclusions, and inability to infer very obvious meanings

Who is this directed at? Why do you keep posting ambiguously directed or opinionated things?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

very obviously you

I don't think it was super obvious at all, though. I could absolutely infer that you were directing it at me, but we had a multi post discussion directly before you commented that was about AA weirdly interjecting and posting in a strangely worded fashion. Your post could easily be posted towards AA if people responded with "Quid is the one who seems to have a point here, why are you responding in that manner to him?" It's non-committal in that fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

in all honesty i don't think i'm being particularly ambiguous with my posting, i am being more stream-of-consciousness than i normally am and that probably would translate better to like, discord/a chat program vs. forum posting but gently caress it i lurk like a mofo when i stop to think about organized posting because of stupid anxiety bullshit so this is what y'all getting

I don't doubt that you're not actively changing your posting style and stream of consciousing now; if anything, I'm actually super impressed because in real time it actually looks a ton like you're offering pointed and engaged discussion points. I caught it on my reread, though, and now I can see you doing it in real time as well.

• Locked thread