Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
My father was a disabled veteran, so I won't poo poo-talk the military, but I do work in an insurance call center and let me tell you, some vets are extremely entitled.

"WHAT THE gently caress DO YOU MEAN MY PRIMARY CARE COPAY WENT UP TO 30 BUCKS? LISTEN HERE YOU loving oval office, I WENT TO FALLUJAH RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE"

Meanwhile I just mute my mic and let them rant while I document the call and check my company email. We're supposed to be allowed to disconnect them if they start cursing, but it reflects poorly on our score, so I just let them air their grievances and then assist them any way I can. The only time I get really upset is when they go full MAGA Fox News, and I'm not allowed to say "Motherfucker, you're bitching about the same plans that are paying for your treatment you ungrateful jarhead! You can't complain about entitlements, WHILE ON THE PHONE BEGGING FOR MORE ENTITLEMENTS."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Yeah sure you're definitely the superior one in this story holy poo poo

I try to look past it because most vets do deserve sympathy and aid, but I don't automatically assume they're heroes; they had a lovely job to do and they did it, and doing that job and being trained for that job makes a lot of them pretty hosed in the hear -- moreso if they were hosed in the head beforehand.

So I try to be patient. They don't call me when things are going well for them -- for many, I am simultaneously their last hope and the biggest impediment for/to living comfortably, if at all. Many of them are barely literate and need assistance with even the most basic aspects of our admittedly complicated plans, and my job is to facilitate their understanding and assist them in any way I can, which is often very limited, so I don't mind the occasional rant.

Again, I don't consider all veterans to be heroes. Some are; some have risked (and lost) life and limb to save people. Most aren't -- injured in action, during training, during mundane tasks that aren't exclusive to the military. Veterans aren't all heroes, but almost all of them are victims.

And the incompetent chickenhawk motherfuckers in charge are the victimizers.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
To be fair, it just gives "President" Trump more Executive Time.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lol, hope hicks literally has a job as a retard masturbator.

Since when did she become a White House Press Secretary?

• Locked thread