Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
bribing a cop in the USA is going to go really badly, it's not like Fargo where you slip him a 50 and he's gonna forget what ya did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
The cards are free so its really more cronyism.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I thought get out of jail free card was called “being white”

idk what you've heard, bud but all that gets you is a platinum card anymore

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Im actually fond of the ability to just handle poo poo on the spot like in mexico tbh and if america is gonna go to poo poo there should be some perks.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

DogonCrook posted:

Im actually fond of the ability to just handle poo poo on the spot like in mexico tbh and if america is gonna go to poo poo there should be some perks.

its not the same because these are like haha get out of jail haha you know somebody in the NYPD, direct cronyism

anybody can pay the Mexican cop his bribe, regardless

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Peace de Bundy posted:

its not the same because these are like haha get out of jail haha you know somebody in the NYPD, direct cronyism

anybody can pay the Mexican cop his bribe, regardless

Oh i know, im dreaming of a brighter future

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

DogonCrook posted:

Oh i know, im dreaming of a brighter future

i cant imagine the average bribe cost of a US cop, probably 300 bucks atleast (in this perfect world)

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
These sound like a pretty good deal. What's the smallest donation that will get you one of these stickers? Also, strictly hypothetical question here but, is there a higher tier of card you could donate-purchase that would get you out of the really good crimes?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So you could get one and like, smoke crack at an opera, if you wanted to, in theory. :thunk:

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

So you could get one and like, smoke crack at an opera, if you wanted to, in theory. :thunk:

Don’t just limit yourself to opera. Smoke crack at symphonies, jazz sessions, and open-air concerts.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
https://twitter.com/LLopezMooney330/status/955210217075232769

can someone explain to me how the gently caress this person's mind works?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Zorodius posted:

That chin :trumppop:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Zorodius posted:

:stare: holy poo poo

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

:yikes:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Zorodius posted:

These sound like a pretty good deal. What's the smallest donation that will get you one of these stickers? Also, strictly hypothetical question here but, is there a higher tier of card you could donate-purchase that would get you out of the really good crimes?

I agreed to buy one for $25 over a decade ago and they sent me a self addressed stamped envelope and then I told them I changed my mind when they called to ask why I hadn't made the donation and was nervous that they'd put me in a database for cops to gently caress with.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Zorodius posted:

#LAW

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Zorodius posted:

A perfect ratio..

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
who th gently caress lives in the city, it’s okay to visit but lol if u live there

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Zorodius posted:

In texas its $100 and its a different color stivker every year. Some people will layer them so its a stack and thats pretty much going to a higher tier of not getting hosed with i would guess but ive never done that. Im not 100% sure they even do it anymore i rarely see them now.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dads friend steve posted:

Don’t just limit yourself to opera. Smoke crack at symphonies, jazz sessions, and open-air concerts.

:thunk: smokin crack at a Steve winwood concert. Hmmmm.

Perhaps a better use would be to walk to the end of a bowling lane and piss the pins over. :mmmsmug:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Sucrose posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure it's just "corruption."

Seriously, this is the sort of poo poo they do in third-world countries, where people in positions of power are nigh expected to abuse those positions to benefit relatives and friends.

Nepotism is how world works and it's cool and good.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moxxis Endowment posted:

These cards don't necessarily get you special treatment and can be revoked at any time at the whim of any officer. I have one.

I'm the thane of New York

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
death to america

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

doverhog posted:

America is a third world country.

What about your magic nation? Come clean.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Moxxis Endowment posted:

These cards don't necessarily get you special treatment and can be revoked at any time at the whim of any officer. I have one.

Nobody should ever get special treatment hth

edit: better yet, cops should treat *everybody* like they have one of these cards.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Chinatown posted:

death to america

as much as i agree and support you with very much love, jail in pretty much any other country is way worse than it is in america

just dont get arrested on friday and you're fine. youll be out in 4 hours. dont incriminate yourself and when asked if you can provide bond say yes.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

extended stay jail is where america gets its bronze medal. god bless the mess.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuhrerHat posted:

as much as i agree and support you with very much love, jail in pretty much any other country is way worse than it is in america

just dont get arrested on friday and you're fine. youll be out in 4 hours. dont incriminate yourself and when asked if you can provide bond say yes.

The ones who get murdered by the police in the US are the lucky ones, they never even make it to the jail.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the trick is to get out of jail free

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
I'm gonna go back to law school and specialize in #LAW
its like regular law only you're judged by a jury of twitter users

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
Nice poo poo hole country you got there

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

If things like this bother you just remember this: no problems are ever solved and things only get worse.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
ive been buying monopoly sets and returning them to walmart for years becuase they're missing cards. guess which cards those are

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
What's TIL

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
its the one where you win the beauty contest i give them to people who are feeling bad about their personal appearance

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
When I was in jail, we had access to "62 Form". Basically, you use this document to write outside of your pod, correctional officer, and corporal, to reach a sergeant or chaplain, or... anyone else(I was a trustee and saw a lot go to the lieutenant with poo poo like "lost my glassas durin shank down").

Anyway. We also had some donated games. Monopoly was one of them. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a 62 with a "get out of jail FREE" card on them. They had to make a new policy to address this joke. "No monopoly cards" was briefly in the new handbooks

Edit: I was in trouble for writing a 62, myself. But mine was a legitimate concern. You see, we don't have any access to anything beyond our pod(meaning you don't go outside. Ever. You never leave one giant room). We had a rec area but it was a small square with metal grating about 15 feet above us, instead of a window, with a cement ceiling. I love to work out but running was a bitch in a small room. I wrote a 62 and drew a diagram on how a giant hamster wheel would be best. I said the giant water bottle was optional. They didn't have a sense of humor that day and I got a one way pass to a single cell for 3 days. I think I still have a copy of the 62. I'll dig for it in a while

Papa Emeritus III fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 22, 2018

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Today I Learned..

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I’m phone posting in a hurry, so someone post a picture of the actual card, the design is laughably horrible

It has the shields for federal agencies listed on it too..good for getting off the hook for those RICO charges. $200 well spent imo!

Oh, and it also features a space shuttle and airplane mating in the background

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Trump should have purchased one and then made this face :smugdon: as he slid the card across the table to Mueller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Papa Emeritus III posted:

Today I Learned..

Oh, I see

• Locked thread