Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Moxxis Endowment posted:

These cards don't necessarily get you special treatment and can be revoked at any time at the whim of any officer. I have one.

Oh well if they're only sometimes accepted I guess this institutionalized form of corruption is actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't have a problem with these cards. It's the same thing as a friend who works at a restaurant and hooks you up with food once in a while.

This just happens to involve law enforcement. Everyone just needs a cop friend.

Your situation would be if the cop you know pulls you over he'll let you slide. This is like if you have a friend who's a waiter and he gives you a card so every other waiter will also hook you up, and every waiter has those cards to give out to multiple people.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I thought get out of jail free card was called “being white”

That's a hot take.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

They have police associations you can donate to and get a decal pretty much everywhere I think, and that poo poo is shady as gently caress too. It's not quite the same form of corruption, and I'm sure it doesn't work as well, but the attempt to profit from the idea that it might is pretty clear.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Sucrose posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure it's just "corruption."

Seriously, this is the sort of poo poo they do in third-world countries, where people in positions of power are nigh expected to abuse those positions to benefit relatives and friends.

Prav posted:

how much more explicit do you want a bribe to be

I still called it corruption, I was just saying it's slightly different than the card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Zorodius posted:

These sound like a pretty good deal. What's the smallest donation that will get you one of these stickers? Also, strictly hypothetical question here but, is there a higher tier of card you could donate-purchase that would get you out of the really good crimes?

I agreed to buy one for $25 over a decade ago and they sent me a self addressed stamped envelope and then I told them I changed my mind when they called to ask why I hadn't made the donation and was nervous that they'd put me in a database for cops to gently caress with.

• Locked thread