Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
They can’t do anything interesting with cars anymore and all cars look the same and are the same, so the only thing they can do is make the logo badges bigger. I saw an infinity with the logo badge that was nearly the size of a basketball. it was insane. Obviously the new Mercedes badges are also huge and light up as well. Seems that all cars will be going this way shortly, there is nothing else they can do anyways they are basically all the same car now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Did you buy a new car today OP?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Huge green grap

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
All new trucks look the same. Aside from the ridgeline which looks like something Homer Simpson designed

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

my dog died im sad posted:

Did you buy a new car today OP?

No op... this was a car I saw in a parking lot. I definitely don’t have the “scratch” for a new car, much less a luxury brand.

But by the time I have the money I guess it will be easy to see what brand the car is, as car brand badges are getting freakin huge and I don’t know that we’ll see the trend reverse any time soon....

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Over There posted:

Huge green grap

Huge chrome badge (that is plastic)

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Steal the badges.

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

my dog died im sad posted:

Steal the badges.

You’re going to need something with a lot of cargo space
To fit a stolen badge
With the way things are going now

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Store the badges in other badges.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

cannot pake posted:

You’re going to need something with a lot of cargo space
To fit a stolen badge
With the way things are going now

This reads like Brautigan

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The good news: cars are getting more horse power
The bad news: most that horsepower will be used to carry the weight of badges, which are huge now

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I drive a 2013 bareback

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Eventually a badge with wheels.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

kazr posted:

I drive a 2013 bareback

I drive a hybrid

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

kazr posted:

I drive a 2013 bareback

MODS???????

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Designers and engineers are probably making GBS threads their pants with all that crossover poo poo because you can hit all the benchmarks with a watermelon seed better than a jellybean and everything doesn’t have to approach the compact car jellybean oval singularity.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

WatermelonGun posted:

This reads like Brautigan

a good post

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Anyone can rent or lease a "luxury" car, it's all about the genuine contempt you can feel for the unfortunate that is difficult to fake convincingly.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Anyone can rent or lease a "luxury" car, it's all about the genuine contempt you can feel for the unfortunate that is difficult to fake convincingly.

I hope somebody stabs you square in the dick

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
go big or go home

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

kazr posted:

I drive a 2013 bareback

isn't that uncomfortable?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

i saw a honda the other day missing its front badge and thought "Yes, that would be a good thing to steal..."

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
cars also look like tennis shoes / sneakers now

when i'm driving, i look around and say "this is ridiculous! all these people are driving around in giant shoes!" it's quite loony.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I for real watched a car get repossessed at happy hour tonight. It was like some old Toyota.

Like if you are going to drive a car you can't afford before it gets taken back at least drive something nice.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I drive a dinged-up, 16-year-old car in the same city as Three Olives and I'm going to drive this glorious bastard until it dies. He cannot stop me.

And I can afford a new car, but one of the reasons I can afford it is because I drive dinged-up, 16-year-old cars. I hope it upsets other people on the road.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want a very long, very thin car with a single column of passenger seating for 5 passengers and I want the horn to go “doot doot doot dooot” ya big dummy! :v:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I'm going to get one of those old wooden figureheads rendered in fibreglass so I can mount it on my car. Maybe a big titty mermaid or a buff dude with a trident, I haven't decided yet.

Oh Adaira
May 7, 2008

Casual Tabby
I kinda like that you can barely tell my car is a porsche 911 unless you are "in the know".

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I drive a dinged-up, 16-year-old car in the same city as Three Olives and I'm going to drive this glorious bastard until it dies. He cannot stop me.

And I can afford a new car, but one of the reasons I can afford it is because I drive dinged-up, 16-year-old cars. I hope it upsets other people on the road.

Be still my beating heart. I love my Accord beater. I'm gonna drive it till the engine falls out!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area has to be one of the most car-insecure places on the planet outside of maybe some of those new-money Arab megacities on the Persian Gulf.

One issue is that the city is very status conscious owing to it being Dallas-Fort Worth. It desperately wants to be a very modern city but the (wealthier) citizens are acutely aware the rest of the country thinks they're a bunch of hicks with no actual culture. Of course that insecurity also helped drive the city's development since there's really no reason for the city to exist where it does. So it has to sell itself really hard.

It's not a port, for instance.

And where people from New York or Los Angeles come from all over the world, Dallas people come from places like Decatur, Kaufman, Corsicana, and Sherman.

That's why Three Olives is so associated with his former condo. Dallas people (the ones with money anyways) can't talk about anything else but their condos, because condos can be bought and sold -- and buying and selling is how the city got real big in the first place. Dallas people talk about how big and impressive their art museums are, but not the actual art in them.

This is also why Dallas (the suburb of Irving specifically) is the capital of subprime auto lending. Because even if you don't have any money, you need to drive a nice-looking car without any dings in it. But not me. Not in my dinged-up old car. I drive it down this city's roads, and people think I'm crazy, but in their look of horror at me I see something resembling... respect.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I mean this post is simply remarkable:

Three Olives posted:

I for real watched a car get repossessed at happy hour tonight. It was like some old Toyota.

Like if you are going to drive a car you can't afford before it gets taken back at least drive something nice.
He actually took a picture of an old car being repossessed. This is a noteworthy event in the life of Three Olives. And there are thousands of people like him in this city and the wild thing: they think they're normal.

But in reality they all make $30,000 per year and are driving cars they can't afford anyways. The joke is on them, though, because my car is worthless.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't know what the problem is OP.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
And it's just the loving word "RAM." Like gently caress you dodge. Make it look cool.
If it's not gonna be a image of two Rams head butting each other then at least use a font that make it look like a metal band name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Puppets
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_in_Blood
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Halen_II

Edit: Look at that 'M.' Look at that loving 'M" that middle is all flat, and the lines that lead down into it are the right size to be too thin and too fat. That loving guy who designed that font style started with them trying to design the letter 'A' in the middle, then put all his work into making that 'R' and then gave up on that 'M'.

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 23, 2018

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
We don’t need no stinking badges

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

No reason to buy a new car until they perfect the self-driving ones

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i wanted to take the badges off from my car but i mean you cant just take a screwdriver to them because youd have big stupid holes in your car. i guess y ou could buy new panels without badge holes?? but who has money for that, i mean wow, heh, heres a cool idea

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

No reason to buy a new car until they perfect the self-driving ones

Enough pedestrians and cyclists get hit by those then here come the bans.

Even if it is Russian hackers taking control of em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

lonesomedwarf posted:

i wanted to take the badges off from my car but i mean you cant just take a screwdriver to them because youd have big stupid holes in your car. i guess y ou could buy new panels without badge holes?? but who has money for that, i mean wow, heh, heres a cool idea
Take the badge off but install a different badge from a different type of car.

• Locked thread