Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cymbal Monkey

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Just getting a quick interest check w/r/t feasibility of a future Cymbal Monkey thread launch so I can get a detailed action plan going for a future thread. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cymbal Monkey

vanisher posted:

I might, if I thought of a funny joke or amusing story to share. Like this:

What do you call shipping snacks to your old girlfriend?

FedEx

So what you're saying is that you're looking for a thread with high potential for user contribution. Fair enough, fair enough. This is good info even though it might lead to development delays. I'm hoping to get this thread launched second quarter of 2019.

Cymbal Monkey

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I really can't say whether I'd post in a thread without knowing more details w/r/t the thread content.

I'm hoping to have the first trailers for the thread out later this year but as it stands the details of the thread are both secret and subject to change.

bare bottom pancakes posted:

idk op, future cymbal monkey thread real estate has a pretty high premium i dont think i could afford it :ohdear:

We're really going to try to make this thread as affordable as possible for anyone who wants to post in it. Whether you're Lowtax himself or a reg'18.

google THIS posted:

As it happens I work for a website optimization firm so I should be able to set up an A/B test to validate your thread idea.

BYOB with and without your thread, which version has the strongest KPIs (Key Posting Indicators)? Which has the best conversion rate (words into laughs ofc). If your thread idea wins you can post your actual thread with confidence.

We'll just need about 50,000 users to attain statistical significance. We have that many, right?

Man I would love to be able to workshop the thread like this but I'm worried about the costs of getting people in for a closed beta, the legal fees preparing NDAs and just the time this will add on to the project. I guess this just reaffirm's my team's beliefs that we might need to launch an indiegogo or something if we really wanna do this thread right.

Anyways, thanks for you enthusiasm, feedback and interest in this thread. Hopefully by Q3 or 4 we'll have the first trailer to show all of you and there's a strong possibility that we'll be accepting pre-posts, which of course means exclusive pre-posting bonuses!

Cymbal Monkey

rump buttman posted:

will you thread be conversational or geared towards learning? I’m debating about booking a room at the local library for the occasion.

I'm hoping it'll be kind of an open forum style of thread. Lots of room for participation but with enough structure and direction to keep it focused and educational.

• Locked thread