Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
The article is from a few years ago but I just heard about this from a friend and holy poo poo, what the hell. Apparently this is still going on; the pair recently released a statement saying they can't wait to get married in a year once the girl turns 18 (the creep will be 32). They first met when the girl was 8.

The girl is based in Canada, so why has the guy not been arrested and jailed yet for statutory rape? How useless are the Mounties?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/akama-miki-zhang-muyi-mission-dating-relationship-model_n_1912831.html

quote:

Akama Miki & Zhang Muyi: 24-Year-Old Chinese Singer Reportedly Dating 12-Year-Old Child Model

Zhang Muyi, a 24-year-old pop star from China, made shockwaves recently when he publicly declared his love for Akama Miki, a 12-year-old Canadian-based child model.

The pair, who have been rumored to be dating for some time, seem to be something like legit after Muyi left a romantic message for Miki on her Sina Weibo, a social networking site, right after her 12th birthday:

“Wait until I’m old enough to marry you, and then I’m going to say ‘I do,’” Miki wrote on Muyi’s Weibo page, where she has 500,000 followers, just after her 12th birthday. “I simply can’t wait for these next four birthdays of yours to pass, I’m counting down each one,” he wrote back.

Muyi and Miki have been acquainted for some time, as Muyi became Miki’s music coach when she was 8. They’ve recorded duets together and flood their social networking profiles with pictures of the two of them. A year after hiring Muyi, Miki won the 2009 National New Silk Road Modeling Competition’s Children Pageant.

The pair trended on Twitter as news of their apparent romance spread as more and more people read their sappy public messages, and Muyi responded to the rumors on his Weibo: “There’s nothing we can do about this, nor do we feel the need to prove anything to these people. All we can do is continue to persevere with our love, our life, and being together.”

So, are the pop star and model engaged in a publicity stunt (as one paper suggests?) Or is this a real relationship? No one seems to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I wonder if he lena dumnham'd her yet?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
He can date me any time.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
China

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib

canada

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

If they haven't had sex I guess he isn't doing anything technically illegal but that is still some supremely hosed up poo poo and you'd think it'd be a career ender but I bet it won't be. If it really is a publicity stunt then it's still pretty :stare:

I'm not gonna say I blame anime for normalizing this stuff but I don't really have any other way to close out this sentence either.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
super gross but quick reminder they can legally marry in like 24 states here in the good ol US of A or something https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844056&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post482122474

:allbuttons: :yikes: :barf:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this pic is worthless if it's not a gif

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
gross

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
to be fair if a millionaire chinaman wanted to groom and marry my underage daughter i'd prolly be ok with it

wait a minite gently caress that poo poo!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
in the future the chinamen will not ask your permission :stonkhat:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
This is incredibly loving gross and disgusting and horrid and wrong and ugh why what is wrong with people :gonk:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Smythe posted:

super gross but quick reminder they can legally marry in like 24 states here in the good ol US of A or something https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844056&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post482122474

:allbuttons: :yikes: :barf:

:911:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
but her soul is 1000 years old

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
That's really, really hosed up.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

This is incredibly loving gross and disgusting and horrid and wrong and ugh why what is wrong with people :gonk:

why you gotta judge

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well, looked up some pics. If that isn't grooming then I don't know what the hell is.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He's already raped her imo. :( this is hosed up.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

mind the walrus posted:

Well, looked up some pics. If that isn't grooming then I don't know what the hell is.

:barf:

I'm just going to pretend this a really dumb publicity stunt.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
welp i want to die

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
nevermind I didn't want to see pics after all

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

mind the walrus posted:

Jesus. The gently caress is wrong with people. :(

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
they were definitely dating when she was 11 and he was 23 but it could go back as far as when she was 8 and he was 20
the human race had a good run but lets call it quits already

The_end
May 17, 2014

Beefeater posted:

Jesus. The gently caress is wrong with people. :(

Want the perfect wife? You have to start brainwashing young.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Welcome to the world where pedophilia is normalized, encouraged, and valued by the rich and powerful.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
dude's gonna do a 180 real quick if she hits puberty and has some real bad acne and girl teenstache

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

China.jpg

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

Canadian
who are we to judge their culture?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The_end posted:

Want the perfect wife? You have to start brainwashing young.
There are armchair theories that "Beauty and the Beast" stories as we know them originated as subtextual instruction manuals for little girls being forced to marry mentally ill nobles three decades their senior.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This is "upperclass.jpg" and you know it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

mind the walrus posted:

There are armchair theories that "Beauty and the Beast" stories as we know them originated as subtextual instruction manuals for little girls being forced to marry mentally ill nobles three decades their senior.

Not like there's much in the way of subtext

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

Please murder everyone in this sad, sad world.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Inescapable Duck posted:

Not like there's much in the way of subtext
True. I imagine it was easier to turn a blind eye to girls interested in discussing "fairy tales" with their caretakers than outright acknowledging that wedding a barely-pubescent child to a middle-aged man required serious psychic/social preparation.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

get that OUT of my face posted:

this pic is worthless if it's not a gif

I got you fam

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
:thunk:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*in an extremely libertarian voice* but what if she consents tho?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Forget it, Jake, it's China

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
YOU MAKE ME
FEEL LIKE IM LIVING AN INCEL DREAM
THE WAY YOU TURN ME ON
IMMA GET YOUR HEART RACING IN MY CHILD LEGGINGS BE YOUR INCEL DREAM TONIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I googled his name and found a pretty awkward music video

http://shanghaiist.com/2012/09/26/watch_uncomfortable_music_video_by.php

wherein they sing a duet about loving a boy. There isn't a back and forth where they sing about one another, they just both sing the same lyrics about loving a boy

Oh my pretty pretty boy I love you
Like I never ever loved no one before you
Pretty pretty boy of mine
Just tell me you love me too
Oh my pretty pretty boy I need you
Oh my pretty pretty boy I do
Let me inside
Make me stay right beside you

I'm hoping it's just a megacreepy publicity stunt to maybe kickstart a music career for her? Is the video a hint that he's gay and the only woman he'd agree to fake date was one he couldn't legally be asked to kiss?

We can only pray that this is fame-whoring instead of actual child marriage.

• Locked thread