Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Hello neighbor. :unsmith:

twitch is running a all day marathon of Mr Rogers Neighborhood right now. The last episode had Yo-yo Ma on.

I am home sick today and Mr Rogers is making me feel better. I hope you too watch some Mr Rogers neighborhood today and feel happy. :unsmith:

Edit: Here’s a link to the stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/misterrogers

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I looked at it only for a brief moment at work, but the accompanying Twitch comment stream didn't look like complete garbage, so that's nice too.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ofaloaf posted:

I looked at it only for a brief moment at work, but the accompanying Twitch comment stream didn't look like complete garbage, so that's nice too.

Mr Rogers is the only stream that doesn’t and has never had terrible chat. Even terrible gamer people can’t sully the name of Mr Rogers.

One guy asked what the age of everybody watching was, and the youngest was 28.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
We are learning about Tubas now!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Mr. Rogers was an amazing human being, and the world is a poorer place without him. Luckily, he left a great legacy. A truly wonderful person.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ratbert90 posted:

Mr Rogers is the only stream that doesn’t and has never had terrible chat. Even terrible gamer people can’t sully the name of Mr Rogers.

One guy asked what the age of everybody watching was, and the youngest was 28.

They should automatically hide all comments from people younger than 25

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also Mr. Rogers was good

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

They should automatically hide all comments from people younger than 25

This is the correct solution.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

He was an amazing person and a cultural icon for good reason.

George Romero worked on Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood in the 60s, so you could argue that Fred Rogers helped create the modern zombie film.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I liked when he made a bunch of congressmen cry

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the post office is releasing Mister Rogers stamps on Friday

that's cool. I guess

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
It's such a good feeling to know you're alive.
It's such a happy feeling: You're growing inside.
:unsmith:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
if he was british and on the bbc he'd definitely have committed lots fo heinous crimes

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
well yeah the British are inveterate perverts to the man

edit: actually now that i think of it, had he been so unlucky as to be born on that boggy isle of inbreds, Fred's inherent goodness would have triumphed over the British penchant for bum paddles etc.

Such is the power of Mr. Rogers.

Lacey fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 21, 2018

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

did mr rogers and bob ross ever meet

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

free hubcaps posted:

did mr rogers and bob ross ever meet

yes and they got into a fist fight

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
One of the greatest Americans ever.

Today really should be a national holiday.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Seems like he should have been older than that by now.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I watched him, Sesame Street and the muppet babies. He was alright. So was the muppet babies. Now Sesame Street on the other hand I’m not so sure about

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Kuato posted:

I watched him, Sesame Street and the muppet babies. He was alright. So was the muppet babies. Now Sesame Street on the other hand I’m not so sure about

My mom always thought Sesame Street was a little too overstimulating and multimedia to really get any point across and this was pre-Elmo rebrand

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Kuato posted:

Big Bird was gonna visit Mr Rodgers amd Mr Rodgers wanted Big Bird to take off his head to show its actually a guy in a suit but he said Jim Henson would fire him if he did that

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Big Bird was gonna visit Mr Rodgers amd Mr Rodgers wanted Big Bird to take off his head to show its actually a guy in a suit but he said Jim Henson would fire him if he did that

Mr. Rogers beheading Big Bird would have been a classic TV moment.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bobcats posted:

My mom always thought Sesame Street was a little too overstimulating and multimedia to really get any point across and this was pre-Elmo rebrand
She wasn't wrong, but on the other hand your mom loving sucks.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Im going to have it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood stuck on my head all day and that's ok

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
lmao if you're still celebrating dead peoples birthdays in 2018 just lol

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9OqyUuCY0s

LoonyLeif
Jul 17, 2001

You know, if Dave Thomas is really dead, then how does he keep coming out with all these new sandwiches?

quote:

ratbert90 came out of the closet to say:

Today is Fred Rogers 90th birthday

Fred Rogers died in 2003. Jokes on you OP.

:lol::lol:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Whenever Mr Rogers and Bob Ross got into a room together it turned into a crazy passive aggressive war to out-chill each other because they both had to be the chillest person in the room all the time. This is why there are no crossover eps.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
It is a man worth commemorating.

https://youtu.be/fKy7ljRr0AA

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don’t understand why the guy always gotta change his drat clothes when he comes home. Like pick a practical sweater you can wear all day idiot. :jerkbag:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The man's a hero in my book.

I wrote him a letter when I was a little kid in maybe 1989, and he promptly wrote me back with a signed picture.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

The man's a hero in my book.

I wrote him a letter when I was a little kid in maybe 1989, and he promptly wrote me back with a signed picture.

Rogers was a true saint. I can't think of a single person that was more kind and gentle, who helped more kids, who were truly as genuine in his convictions and beliefs.

His body rejected this cold barren earth and now we have shits like Trump in the white house. :smith:

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Mr. Rogers is proof that you can literally be Mr. Rogers and still die of cancer.

gently caress cancer.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

if he;s so nice then how come hes dead

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Because heaven wasn't nice enough. :unsmith:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Drink-Mix Man posted:

At least he didn't have to live through Sandy Hook and having to talk about the possibility of getting shot into giblets and bits in school by assault weapons.

:(

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I'd prolly suck his memb

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Agent Escalus posted:

At least he didn't have to live through Sandy Hook and having to talk about the possibility of getting shot into giblets and bits in school by assault weapons.

:(

He did live to see Columbine though.

You’d think asking humanity to keep its poo poo together for a measly 74 years so Mr Rogers would never have to be sad about stuff wouldn’t be a big ask but nooooo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
One of the ambient music cds we have at my work has a background sound in it that sounds exactly like when mr Rogers would do the voice of the cat puppet and it drives me crazy. It is 16 minutes long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjD-9kC-q7A

• Locked thread