Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
Hey all,

I have been doing some work for a client of mine who has a dozen Sage accounting backup files from 2009-2010 that he needs accessing and converting to Excel.

Any of you guys wishing to take this on?

Any idea of cost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

bad-yeti posted:

Hey all,

I have been doing some work for a client of mine who has a dozen Sage accounting backup files from 2009-2010 that he needs accessing and converting to Excel.

Any of you guys wishing to take this on?

Any idea of cost?

What version of Sage is it? Also he wants the entire database converted to an excel spreadsheet? Not sure there is a direct way to do this. In Sage 50 the easiest solution I could think of is to create a new company, load the back up and then export data, but you'd need to do it several times as it can't export the entire thing, but rather different sections i.e. Accounts Receivable, Payable, GL, inventory etc.

OR if he needs one time access I'd skip the export, create a new company i.e. "backup viewer" and load the backup file, then load the next one etc.

As for cost, I don't think there is really a standard here. Loading the back up (assuming he still has software to use it) and exporting the sections wouldn't take much time or effort.

thebushcommander fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 22, 2018

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
The long and short of it is that he closed his business three years ago.

Now he has to find some info from 2009, the only files I could find were these dozen, no idea what they are as in backup or what as I have never used Sage.

No idea what version etc.

Just need to get the date out one time.

Do you think it's possible? Achievable?

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

bad-yeti posted:

The long and short of it is that he closed his business three years ago.

Now he has to find some info from 2009, the only files I could find were these dozen, no idea what they are as in backup or what as I have never used Sage.

No idea what version etc.

Just need to get the date out one time.

Do you think it's possible? Achievable?

It's possible, but you'd need the software to load the backup and likely the username/password to login to the database to access anything assuming he set it up that way originally. They do offer a free 14 day trial of Sage 50 you might be able to load the back up in and extract data.

The next best option would be to contact a local accounting firm that works with sage to help, or even Sage support would be able to help, but they charge a ridiculous amount of money for basically everything.

• Locked thread