Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Glompton

joke_explainer posted:

It's like a vastly inefficient amateur writers room for a non-existing sketch comedy show. BYOB is primarily a humor board. People write phrases, microfiction, absurd situations, observations, or misunderstandings that sometimes are funny in general or sometimes just funny to people who have been around long enough to internalize the interactions and the history, I guess the sort of 'culture' of the board. It's a little different from most boards though because basically no ideas are just mocked. You can throw absolutely anything at the wall (other than completely hateful garbage or gleeful attempts to hurt people with words) and if you have a dud the worst that happens is people don't really respond to it. Many threads are kind of a celebration of different kinds of pop culture in creative mashups. Some threads are just socializing or talking about things in life, with singular threads kind of serving like a tiny community version of the larger forums for those topics, like the 'fine dining' thread basically being the BYOB version of goons with spoons.

i was going to add this to the byob entry in SAclopedia but I can't remember how even though I've added to the byob entry before

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

also, i'd like to buy a clock what else ya got?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

• Locked thread