Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they dont want you to have a pause button. Sorry OP

If you have any further questions or would like to continue the discussion, feel free to reply to this ticket. Otherwise, it will auto-resolve in 72 hours. Thanks, and we appreciate your understanding.

Jonny
Customer Support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Smythe posted:

Say a user is in some distant country or maybe just a bad mobile carrier and they have metered data... And not much of it due to poverty or something. They are forced to dl like at least half of this piece of poo poo video and the ad that rolls before it just so they can mash the pause button? They should be able to intervene before that happens. It's like force feeding data down.someones tubes and it makes me sick.

that person's broke as gently caress and nobody cares about their ad eyes and thus their page deliveries are worthless. im sorry that these truths are harsh, but theyre real

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Smythe posted:

Imagine if there was a 500mb bmp file on a website. Ppl would revolt. Same thing but the bmp also makes sound and lags ur compy to gently caress - it's even worse. I have 50 beastly cores that can render every eyelash on my orc wife at 600fps as she cuts me down and eviscerates my pathetic elf guts in 8k VR POV, and yet? This embedded player lags my balls off. Gas and ban this heap of a player.

sorry these days are here now. content providers are hitting the 5GB max object limit in our system and we're raising it this year once we can figure out how.

so many 1's and 0's flyin around

Your woes are a big reason why so many video middlemen exist. several companies are out there just to sort out that corner of the page for you. but u gotta pay

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
theres an easy solve for the FB issue btw

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
market capture is a biiiiiiiiitch

• Locked thread