Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
hello. At my shop we are a collection site for recycling old electronics nobody wants anymore. I get paid per ton and also some people get rid of really valuable things that take 2 seconds to fix so it's basically a dumpster diver's dream. Not everything makes it into the sea container by the end of the day and a lot of people drop poo poo off after hours when noone's here. Once they drop it off it becomes our property. Theft is inevitable but recently it's becoming more of a problem because folks are really obviously taking/destroying a lot of poo poo. there's 1 guy in particular who visits frequently when he knows nobody is around.

we've got a camera pointed at that general area but it's not good enough to pick up many details and at night the IR isn't strong enough to see what's going on very well. we didn't have it set up to record because we were only using it to watch the parking lot during the day but now it records on motion. i plan on calling the cops once i have more information to provide and i'm looking into ways to get power and another ip camera out there but i also want to gently caress with this guy. i was thinking of like taking a nice looking TV, gutting it, and putting in a piezo alarm and a battery. when the TV gets plugged in the alarm gets triggered and doesn't turn off until the battery dies or the TV is taken apart and the thing disconnected. what are some other fun ways for petty passive aggressive revenge that don't involve setting fire to this person's house?

if this content fails i can also talk about the neat things we've gotten from recycling like the japanese slot machine or the blow dart gun we hooked up to the air compressor.

thank's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
you protect them pumpkins, op

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
have you tried being around at times when he thinks you're not around.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

NiceGuy posted:

puckins

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Have you ever received any evil and/or demonically possessed electronic items?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
get him with the ol' p-p-p-powerbook trick except this time the cardboard laptop is full of weaponized AIDS

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Man there is so much potential here but im so old now that all i can think of is "if this is a legitimate business, hire a security guard to call the cops for you"

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

NiceGuy posted:

better than eating a little girls brain

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Set up a card table with a Bologna sandwich buffet and get a bunch of "Will Work For Food" hobos as a security team to protect your valuable garbage.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Maybe you'll find true love with a sassy gulf war veteran bag lady with a heart of gold and a mouth of scavenged dentures.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

we're a really small shop with like 4 employees so the only security crew we're gonna be getting is me sitting by the window eating doritos for hours and I haven't got that kind of time

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

suck his dick

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

if they always come when you aren't around maybe they know when you aren't around.

because its an inside job, op

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

R.L. Stine posted:

we're a really small shop with like 4 employees so the only security crew we're gonna be getting is me sitting by the window eating doritos for hours and I haven't got that kind of time

buy a realistic airsoft gun and place it in the middle of you lot and point a spotlight at it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

this sounds like a boring Goosebumps story, OP

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

do the TV thing but hide a pitfall in front of the TV so that he'll be conveniently stuck when the cops arrive

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Have you ever received any evil and/or demonically possessed electronic items?

I found a framed blank canvas titled "Lake Louise" that is potentially haunted. it's not electronic though (that I know of)

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

But first teach him to read and fill his heart with the hope of a better future so as not to cheapen the whole sucking his dick thing.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
go get a junkyard dog

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I'm just spit balling here:

- Put poo poo on the carry handles of a TV or other high end electronic
- Buy a motion activated flood light
- A series of trapdoors
- A sign explaining that theft will be prosecuted
- Shoot him dead
- Follow the perp, observe his habits, and assimilate into his life. Gaslight him into thinking there is nothing worth taking and his efforts have been a waste of time (this could get tricky)

On the real though: leave a note explaining it is theft or whatever and that you prefer he stop. This dude may assume he is just garden variety dumpster diving, which albeit illegal in most places is not a "malicious criminal" act.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Have you tried a motion-activated flood light pointed at the donation area?

If that doesn't work, hollow out an old cellphone and fill it with poo so when you press the buttons the poo comes out

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
UPDATES OP?!?

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

tell the cops so they can stake out the place instead of you.

its what you the tax payer pay your taxes for.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Gay Weed Dad posted:

I'm just spit balling here:

- Put poo poo on the carry handles of a TV or other high end electronic
- Buy a motion activated flood light
- A series of trapdoors
- A sign explaining that theft will be prosecuted
- Shoot him dead
- Follow the perp, observe his habits, and assimilate into his life. Gaslight him into thinking there is nothing worth taking and his efforts have been a waste of time (this could get tricky)

On the real though: leave a note explaining it is theft or whatever and that you prefer he stop. This dude may assume he is just garden variety dumpster diving, which albeit illegal in most places is not a "malicious criminal" act.

Lacey posted:

Have you tried a motion-activated flood light pointed at the donation area?

If that doesn't work, hollow out an old cellphone and fill it with poo so when you press the buttons the poo comes out

PLAGIARISM IS A FORM OF THEFT TOO YOU KNOW!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Set up a few of these cruelty free hobo retainers.

Then in the morning you can release him back into the ocean.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

We do have signs saying taking stuff is theft and a bunch of other rules for recycling but a lot of people ignore them or cannot read. like we're not supposed to take microwaves and we have really clear signs saying so but nobody's around who's gonna stop you? A few times people have been dumb enough to put them in the box with their shipping label still on so it's fun to approach them about it. One of our neighbours caught a thief rummaging through stuff a while ago and when approached he convinced them he got permission lol.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Good luck with the cops OP. Theft is a crime they will tell you they can do literally nothing about ever and they will not help you in any way so lol.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

R.L. Stine posted:

a lot of people ignore them or cannot read.

Frankenstyle posted:

But first teach him to read and fill his heart with the hope of a better future so as not to cheapen the whole sucking his dick thing.

It's like you're not even reading your own goddamn thread.

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
put one of those pie alarms in a pair of pants that sucks robbers dick. and the pants don't stop sucking until the battery runs out

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

NiceGuy posted:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hide in the dark until yyou see someone and light some firecrackers

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Not locking down your stuff and then wanting poor people to suffer when it inevitably gets stolen is some serious middle class poo poo OP

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Get a gun and shoot them op. :shrug:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
buy a gun

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

shoot the poor people

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

managed to snag this before it got stolen

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Get a real mouse. jesus

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

KomodoWagon posted:

Get a real mouse. jesus

no.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHI3vqNo7sk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

get one of those cheap two way IP cameras and a bright rear end motion floodlight. Open the camera and find where the speaker is, run those wires into an amp/speaker setup of your choosing. Now when it trips you will get a phone notification (or whatever you setup) and when you see a little person blob running start screaming into the mic.

edit: I cant stress enough how important it is to get a really over the top PA system hooked up. like go on alibaba and get some 22" outdoor PA speakers f

alternatively get a soundboard to play really angry chinese screaming propaganda

you can probably make the started reactions into a successful youtube channel

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 25, 2018

• Locked thread