Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I was so stoked for the Bucs to both trade down and scoop up Derwin James, so I'm still pretty bummed it didn't play out like that. Still, Vea will make their DL pretty drat stout and 3 second round picks is pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
First round grade for my Philadelphia Eagles: A+ WE WON THE SUPER BOWL OVER THE TOM PATRIOTS

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm okay with the Alabama dude.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I wanted Derwin James.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
gently caress Baltimore. gently caress Pittsburgh for not taking him first.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MrLogan posted:

I wanted Derwin James.

Same.

3 second round picks is rad tho.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm so sick of the Raiders staring at SUREFIRE TALENT year after year and picking the raw high upside guys

Raiders picked up an extra fifth, Martavis Bryant, and upgraded at RT so w/e.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hayden Hurst: F-

Lamar Jackson: A+

overall, ???

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I am very happy with the Panthers pick.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
At least Pittsburgh got the chance to get everyone excited about Football with Ryan Shazier.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Im OK w/ the Bengals taking oline but god drat we could've had Lamar and instead we now have Baker Lamaer Big Ben in the same division.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

I am very happy with the Panthers pick.

hell, same

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ravens needed a TE and got a TE. He's old but if he can occasionally catch a football he's better than any receiver the Ravens trotted out last year.

QB tho woooooow that rules.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Niner fans do you feel they should have drafted James over O-line help?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Josh Allen First Ballot Hall of Famer for the Buffalo Bills Book It you loving Losers

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets: Sam Darnold
Bills: Allen
Dolphins: Not Rosen
Bills: Whatever
Patriots: Not Jackson
Patriots: Also Not Jackson

A good night imo. I’m drunk.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I looked back at last year's draft thread.

Jota posted:

I'd probably rather have Kizer than Watson. Quote this in two years when Kizer is out of the league and Watson is MVP

lol

midwat
May 6, 2007

Patriots got a tackle who's really a guard and a running back without knees.

Oy.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Blitz7x posted:

I'm so sick of the Raiders staring at SUREFIRE TALENT year after year and picking the raw high upside guys

Raiders picked up an extra fifth, Martavis Bryant, and upgraded at RT so w/e.

The high upside of a MAGA chud in your locker room after kicking out the best punter in the league over character concerns of blackness.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sure didn't anticipate there'd be this many digits on the "don't let Trump buy the Bills" monkey paw.

https://twitter.com/AwfulWhiteQBs/status/989706956548943872

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i just watched some roquan highlights and it just showed him completely shredding notre dame players so i'm cool with him

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
After losing Hitchens and the amount we have invested in two LBs with incredibly spotty injury profiles (Lee, Jaylon Smith), I'm on board with the Vander Esch pick. Would have also been happy with Moore, though. Cowboys still have a lot of needs.

Also seriously I'm still chuckling at the Bills. Holy poo poo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

I'm okay with the Alabama dude.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Saints paid too much to get their guy, but they got exactly who they wanted, so :shrug:.

Hope he terrorizes the NFC South for years.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Mixed reactions about the Lions pick. On one hand, if it helps improve our loving dismal running game, that would be great. On the other hand, the d-line needs a lot of help too.

The Broncos got one of the most talented players in the draft but there's still the huge issue of QB, because I'm not convinced Keenum is any sort of long-term answer. Prove me wrong I guess, Case.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
J-E-T-S

Sam Darnold: A

Any one of Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield would have gotten this grade. I think I *slightly* preferred Rosen, but Darnold has a ton of upside (he's only 20!), and might be the safest QB in the draft. He can make all of the throws, has great anticipation, and is mobile in the pocket. He keeps his eyes downfield under pressure. I'm worried about the turnovers, but by all accounts he was trying to learn different mechanics last year and was playing with a completely new offensive line.

I'm excited, and I have hope. I know this will backfire, but screw it.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 27, 2018

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Mixed reactions about the Lions pick. On one hand, if it helps improve our loving dismal running game, that would be great. On the other hand, the d-line needs a lot of help too.

The Broncos got one of the most talented players in the draft but there's still the huge issue of QB, because I'm not convinced Keenum is any sort of long-term answer. Prove me wrong I guess, Case.

placeholder for the broncos' 2019 first-round pick clayton thorson

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
So, the Bills took Josh Allen. I kind of expected this to happen. This is a very boom-or-bust proposition, and such propositions have a way of coming up "HOLY poo poo BUST" for the Bills. We also surrendered a bunch of draft capital to get him, which means there won't be offensive linemen or wide receivers(except for Kelvin Benjamin, who should be a big, though partially stationary, target). I sure hope the plan is for Josh Allen to spend Year 1 learning how to hit the broadside of a barn while watching A.J. McCarron get pulverized, but our offensive coordinator is Brian Daboll, and this is the Bills, so it will probably end badly.

I do; however, like Tremaine Edmunds. He's fast, hits hard, and is literally 19 years old. Lots of growth potential there, and could lock down a starting spot at linebacker for years to come. And I actually have faith im the quality of our defensive coaching!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Really wanted Hernandez instead of Mike Hughes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

i just watched some roquan highlights and it just showed him completely shredding notre dame players so i'm cool with him

see if you can find the georgia tech game

it's unfair

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Josh Allen is a two-for-one pick: not only does he play quarterback, but he comes from a family that has worked for a playoff-quality NHL team.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

midwat posted:

Patriots got a tackle who's really a guard and a running back without knees.

Oy.

Yeah the guard/tackle guy seems good, so whatever, but I'm nonplussed on the RB.

Not that it's bad to take a RB in the latter half of the first round but, man... he's not really a need and has bad knees apparently? oh well.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Running backs taken in the first round in Seahawks history:

Curt Warner
Shaun Alexander
Rasaad Penny

:hawksin:

EmbryoSteve fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 27, 2018

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Also the Linebacker the Bills got rules

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I went from discontent with Hurst to loving excited with Lamar so there's that A+

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hey, a wide out who can run routes and catch things.

A++

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Hey. HEY. Broncos draft gives me a chubb.

Also, Penny is going to loving rule, but still, lol

DaFrugalGamer posted:

In goijng to Laugh my dick off if a team drafts RB 1st round

midwat
May 6, 2007

Kalli posted:

Yeah the guard/tackle guy seems good, so whatever, but I'm nonplussed on the RB.

Not that it's bad to take a RB in the latter half of the first round but, man... he's not really a need and has bad knees apparently? oh well.

Yeah, I don't necessarily object to the "win with Brady" approach, but maybe address the trash defense instead of drafting (at best equally talented) replacements for guys they let walk during free agency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Terrell Edmunds: loving garbage dick F. thank for bullshit like the browns and seahawks to save us fro worst pick

• Locked thread