Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Ok goons I need your help I never. Build a computer.

1. I need 16gb RAM
2. i5 6600
3. I need to run new vvideogames at 60fps
4. I need a keyboard. I will worry about the Mouse later.

I have 1k limit on thw computer

I do not need an expenisve computer box

Please help me with the list of parts needed to build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I7 may be ok as well so.lets factor that in as well

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Do you actually need 16 Gigs of ram or are you doing stuff other than gaming?

E: Here's a 1060 for $249. So you can game.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487263

Devian666 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 1, 2018

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
need more details on the box requirements

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The parts needed to build have been in your heart all along

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
I recommend a milk crate case over repurposing the motherboard box as a case.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...
Fans are for builders w/ weak fortitudes. Don't bother.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
Haven’t you heard InTel processors leak all your passwords to Russia. You should get an AMD or a Cyrix(Linux?)

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Do you all want to be reported for poo poo posting?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Do you want to report the OP for poo poo posting?

Fixed that for you. Where are your replies to the questions?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Consider buying a "Gaming Console" instead of a "Computer", OP (Original Poster). The "Console" is 500 dollars less expensive and lets you execute modern Video Games.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Do you all want to be reported for poo poo posting?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Im upset that no one mentioned getting a sound card. OP you're going to need a creative labs sound card. You're also going to be really laggy unless you get a KILLER brand network card. That will take about $200 so be sure to adjust for that in the budget.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

buglord posted:

Im upset that no one mentioned getting a sound card. OP you're going to need a creative labs sound card. You're also going to be really laggy unless you get a KILLER brand network card. That will take about $200 so be sure to adjust for that in the budget.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

No you should get a AWE32. I bet that thing doesn't even have Simm slots. Where are you going to put the RAM for your soundcard?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
OP have you found a chassis yet? That pretty much dictates your build and what parts you use. In today's world, you can make a SFF computer that's the size of a shoebox but can play videogames at 60fps and above. What do you think?

Love,

buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

All I saw was the first photo and I was wondering if that was polyurethane foam or bread rolls in the case. This is a perfect solution for the GOON Project.

• Locked thread