Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Kyle ‘Too much of a womaniser for Italy’ Lafferty is doing his medical and due to sign for Rangers tonight for the Europe League deadline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Thierry Henry to Bordeaux looks like it might be happening but is not official yet

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Total Meatlove posted:

Kyle ‘Too much of a womaniser for Italy’ Lafferty is doing his medical and due to sign for Rangers tonight for the Europe League deadline

Big Kyle "Dylan Dog" Lafferty fuckin owns.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Big Kyle "Dylan Dog" Lafferty fuckin owns.

quote:

“Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my Coach Beppe Iachini,” President Zamparini told Radio 24.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

He really loving does

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
He sounds a bit like Pissflaps TBF.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
mods rename me ‘an Irishman without rules’

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I love that he mentions he's a great player who did well and played hard for the club. He just literally cannot stop tryna gently caress.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

Yaya Toure is still a free agent.

Man prime Yaya Toure was a beast in his final season in Barca and his early Man City seasons. Could attack, defend, run through the defense.

Can see him going to China or something for a retirement check..

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Had no idea Marchisio was out of contract - what’s his deal? Don’t follow Serie A really consistently but was under the impression he was still playing at a fairly high level. I can’t see him leaving Italy, is he holding out for a big club or looking for a payday in another league?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/22/yaya-toure-hatem-ben-arfa-free-agents-manchester-city

Also lol at Yaya Touré and Ben Arfa - can’t see anyone paying their silly petro wages after being at City and PSG respectively. China’s not dumping truckloads of cash anymore, are they?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Claudio Yacob is probably the best of that bunch, and that’s saying a lot.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Gerrard says Lafferty is a ‘no risk’ signing :allears:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Gerrard says Lafferty is a ‘no risk’ signing :allears:

have you loving seen the women of glasgow

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

have you loving seen the women of glasgow

He has apparently settled down and matured.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

sticksy posted:

Had no idea Marchisio was out of contract - what’s his deal? Don’t follow Serie A really consistently but was under the impression he was still playing at a fairly high level. I can’t see him leaving Italy, is he holding out for a big club or looking for a payday in another league?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/22/yaya-toure-hatem-ben-arfa-free-agents-manchester-city

Also lol at Yaya Touré and Ben Arfa - can’t see anyone paying their silly petro wages after being at City and PSG respectively. China’s not dumping truckloads of cash anymore, are they?

Marchisio terminated his contract by mutual consent just before the window closed. He wants to play more, and Juve told him that he wasn't really in their plans anymore. He had a bad knee injury 2 years ago and never really got back into the main midfield rotation after that.

He's still a good player, just doesn't have the physical abilities he used to have. Rumors are that he's signing with Monaco this week.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I remember when he scored against England in the world cup

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1033052573618642944

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

That’s not a bad deal for a guy who had a spectacular meltdown during the Champions’ League final.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
It’s funny somehow that he went to Istanbul.

Nice guy, good hair

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

That’s not a bad deal for a guy who had a spectacular meltdown during the Champions’ League final.

You can only melt down in the Champions League final if you're a Champions League finalist.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
The concussion didn't help. Two games isn't much of a sample but Alisson looks like a major upgrade, still hope Karius can bounce back from that game though.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I have no idea how we keep managing to sell these players for such a ridiculous amount of cash. Ings and Karius for 30 million?! Edwards is brilliant.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
is Karius worth three Joe Harts :thunk:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

yeah, Karius might have shat himself in the CL final but Hart has shat himself in every game for like 2 years

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Karius is an okay keeper who makes mistakes, Hart is dogshit

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Karius is 25 and will come good it's a shame it won't be at Liverpool. Hart is 31 and only has the experience of being really thick.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
karius is good keeper who was hounded out and destroyed by bitter liverpool fans

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Way more than that actually.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

kcer posted:

karius is good keeper who was hounded out and destroyed by bitter liverpool fans

He got a really good reception when he was brought on in the pre-season.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

He got a really good reception when he was brought on in the pre-season.

oh that's alright then, what a good bunch of lads

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I'm sure online Liverpool fans are unique in being nasty to players who've made costly mistakes. All other clubs would be compassionate and understanding. Scousers are sad!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Arsenal give them an improved contract!!

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Breath Ray posted:

Arsenal give them an improved contract!!

Arsenal ftw

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1033750277160136704
Multiple places saying this is done. I guess it makes sense from Roma's perspective, their midfield is crowded (despite selling Nainggolan too), and Strootman has had injury issues.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The half season he played before he got hurt he was amazing. Shame he never rediscovered his form.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Gigi Galli posted:

The half season he played before he got hurt he was amazing. Shame he never rediscovered his form.

I can see why Arsenal was always so interested in him

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Marseille needed a replacement for Abou Diaby, sounds like they made the right call!

In all seriousness, though, hopefully what he needs is a change of scenery. Although I'm curious why a team whose main strikers are Valere Germain and Kostas Mitroglu aren't signing any other forwards, but I guess the window isn't closed yet.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Strootman must have fallen off hard to go to France, and not even for PSG petrobucks

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
L'Equipe is saying that Moussa Dembele (the one at Celtic) is signing with Lyon

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

curried lamb of God posted:

L'Equipe is saying that Moussa Dembele (the one at Celtic) is signing with Lyon

If he goes and we don't get a quality replacement in I think there might actually be riots.

The last two transfers windows we've had have been an absolute loving horror show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Her Dryer posted:

If he goes and we don't get a quality replacement in I think there might actually be riots.

The last two transfers windows we've had have been an absolute loving horror show

Eduard was signed as his replacement, he was always for the off this window

• Locked thread