Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lmbo what a noob

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cougar-kills-mountain-biker-washington-042818032.html

if it were me i would not get pwnd by the cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
When I heard cyclist killed by Cougar I asked if it was one of the lame FWD ones or the cool 70s ones

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking
I would be like not today kitty! as I hit a sick jump and pop a wheelie into the sunset. :dukedoge:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
shoulda hit it with a bike vs running into its natural territory lol

shouldn't have killed the cougar

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Moridin920 posted:

shoulda hit it with a bike vs running into its natural territory lol

Why did he take his bike into a bar?

quote:

shouldn't have killed the cougar

Agreed.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
What a pussy. :rip:

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009
oh no! they euthanized Peaches

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Whiskey_Dick posted:

oh no! they euthanized Peaches

fuckin peggies!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

This is why whenever I go into nature I am always kitted out in full tactical gear so I can survive any situation.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
They shouldve punched that cougar in the face instead of letting themselves get killed. They also couldve given it the rock bottom or the sweet chin music as well.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If the dudes already dead it seems unfair and wasteful to not let him be eaten.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged
golem-android is both beautiful and dangerous.
you have two options when faced with fighting a cougar. you die or you be this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5ONGu3vLQ4

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Pawn 17 posted:

This is why whenever I go into nature I am always kitted out in full tactical gear so I can survive any situation.

For real though, if you know youre going to be backcountry in apex predator territory its honestly really dumb not to have a firearm that can deal with the largest one.

You lower 48ers always blow my mind with that poo poo.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Good info OP, I will add this to my carefully tabulated list of excuses entitled "Why I don't go outside". It will also be number 2 on my list of "Why I dislike cats" after "they smell like poo poo". Thanks!

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
It was actually a pitbull, the ladies at the animal shelter lied about it to protect pitbull rep

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

turtlecrunch posted:

It was actually a pitbull, the ladies at the animal shelter lied about it to protect pitbull rep

It was the artist pitbull actually. RCA knew.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'd let a cougar wreck me iykwim

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Nooner you're married, you ARE owned by a pussy.

The_end
May 17, 2014
Acting like a prey animal and running away finished this person.

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

I like his friend just abandoning him to the cat as well. For shame

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
They don't look so tough to me. I could kill a mountain biker easily.

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Jeez people really need to learn how to deal with wild animals. fcuking suplex those shitheads

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kuato posted:

They shouldve punched that cougar in the face instead of letting themselves get killed. They also couldve given it the rock bottom or the sweet chin music as well.

Just listened to a story and this exactly what they recommend. Running away makes them think ur beta prey. Stare at him, make yourself BIG, and threatening. Lol ok

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

NightshadeGenitals posted:

For real though, if you know youre going to be backcountry in apex predator territory its honestly really dumb not to have a firearm that can deal with the largest one.

You lower 48ers always blow my mind with that poo poo.

tbf your bears are a lot scarier than ours are on average

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
A couger will pretty much never attack head on unless its cornered. You basically only die if you are a bitch about it.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Yeah its like literally one of the only modern day legitimate no bullshit uses of a simple handgun is for poo poo like that. Watch enough videos of that poo poo happening (usually bears) and you'll want to be packin too. The last one I saw was some moron trying to stop a bear using a recurve novelty bow. He didn't survive, though the footage did. Quite a few videos out there with actual "found footage"

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

1gnoirents posted:

Yeah its like literally one of the only modern day legitimate no bullshit uses of a simple handgun is for poo poo like that. Watch enough videos of that poo poo happening (usually bears) and you'll want to be packin too. The last one I saw was some moron trying to stop a bear using a recurve novelty bow. He didn't survive, though the footage did. Quite a few videos out there with actual "found footage"

doesn't bear spray work and it doesn't make it more likely that you'll kill yourself or a family member

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i present to u the glock twenty-nine, a compact bear mutilator

In case any nature types dont want to figure out what scary gun to buy for wildlife, there you go. load it up with some buffalo bore 10mm heavy and you'll have a pretty good chance of surviving north american wildlife across the entire continent.

hemale in pain posted:

doesn't bear spray work and it doesn't make it more likely that you'll kill yourself or a family member

Bear spray works, loud noises work (tin can with bolts in it), standing your ground almost always works (for bears). Until it doesn't. Bears tend to charge and will lay off at the last possible second - again, until they dont. It takes some serious stones not to shoot a charging bear.

That being said if owning a gun for wildlife endangers the user because theyre too much of a liability to shoot themselves or others then stick with the bear spray or just stay inside because thats where you likely are anyways

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 21, 2018

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

1gnoirents posted:

In case any nature types dont want to figure out what scary gun to buy for wildlife, there you go. load it up with some buffalo bore 10mm heavy and you'll have a pretty good chance of surviving north american wildlife across the entire continent.

That looks hard to have a nice 5mile run with. Animal expert dude said pepper spray on a belt.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stanky Bean posted:

I like his friend just abandoning him to the cat as well. For shame

his friend abandoned him first so i consider it fairplay

-mountain lion attacks first guy
-second guy runs off
-mountain lion switches targets and attacks second guy
-first guy uses opportunity to peace out and leave the second guy to get eaten

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

hemale in pain posted:

Bear spray is a total crapshoot based on the individual animal and the situation. Bears can and do shrug it off all the time.

A gun is still not a guarantee but better than some spicy spray.

The_end
May 17, 2014

1gnoirents posted:

Bear spray works, loud noises work (tin can with bolts in it), standing your ground almost always works (for bears). Until it doesn't. Bears tend to charge and will lay off at the last possible second - again, until they dont. It takes some serious stones not to shoot a charging bear.

That being said if owning a gun for wildlife endangers the user because theyre too much of a liability to shoot themselves or others then stick with the bear spray or just stay inside because thats where you likely are anyways

Bullets do not care about the direction of the wind.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

The_end posted:

Yep. Was about to edit that into my post. Spicy spray is totally defeated by a good breeze and I havent ever seen a person shrug off bear spray so now youre blind and in excruciating pain right before a potential mauling. Gud thymes.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I saw cougar running beside me on my bike on the north shore of Vancouver once. It couldn't keep up though, heh

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
who caliber is considered "Bear Blastin"?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

The_end posted:

Huh, the entire science of ballistics is a lie

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The_end posted:

lol

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Bear minimum(nailed it) in AK is a hard cast lead .44 magnum round.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

1gnoirents posted:

The best part about that gun is after you unload its entire clip into a brown bear the brown might die an hour after its killed and eaten you so your face, located in the animals stomach, will probably still be indigested enough to be recognizable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_end
May 17, 2014

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Huh, the entire science of ballistics is a lie

Your not shooting at it from a football field away. From 4 feet away. Wind had little affect on a bullet. Pepper spray cant defeat a strong breeze.

• Locked thread