Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
good op op

looking forward to smolov missing some epic sitters and ignashevich attempting to shoot from 35 yards out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i am now proper HYPE and ready for a big letdown against Egypt

ironic that permacrocked but talented dzagoev gave way to a similar permacrocked but talented cheryshev, who was great on the flank

smolov needs to play simpler, way too many easy turnovers just trying for too much on a simple hold up or throughballs

zobnin was deceptively not great, quite a few cheap give aways in mid, gazinksy was great and Ol Men Zhirkov and Ignashevich still got game

also, golovin's transfer price just went up a cool 10mil

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 15, 2018

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

If Russia get out of the groups then Golovin is going to be the next big signing in Europe that totally fails to live up to expectations.

He looked really on today though.

golovin has a chance to be something special and he isnt a total nutter like arshavin, so isnt going to mind ridding the bench before properly breaking in at a proper club

juve supposedly had a 20mil almost done before yesterday

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
:agreed:

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
dzagoev out for the group stages

blessing in disguise really, golovin looks so much better centrally/behind the striker and there was no way cherchesov was going to put him there if dzagoev was available

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
dzyuba in peak 15-16 Zenit form jesus christ

zobnin was either fantastic or giving up possession idiotically, gazinsky was very solid again

gotta give it to the back 4 once again, especially zhrikov and fernandes

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Plutonis posted:

Lmao the oligarchs bought the results huh.

cool edgy joke dude so funny

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i really hope cherchesov reverts back to smolov up front, he looked pretty good on the ball today and was excellent against spain in that last friendly when they played basically a very similar starting squad to what they have on the field now

also, LOL smolnikov, if someone was going to regress back to the mean on this team, it's so typical it was him

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 25, 2018

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
hopefully this ends the "akinfeev is bad" narrarive

mario fernandes was man of the match imho

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

my mom is not pleased with the matchup

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Doctor Malaver posted:

What's the roster like before the QF? Any injuries or suspensions?

i am pretty sure there are no suspensions, but zhirkov and dzagoev will both be probably unavailable, although dzagoev i believe is very close

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
suka blyat :cry:

also, just gently caress off with all this doping bullshit, watch the loving games

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Snipee posted:

I wonder what percentage of people think that the Russians are still doping. They have done extremely well for the absolute worst ranked team coming into the World Cup. Suspiciously well.

i too give weight to the FIFA ranking system

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i really hope this runs spurs more emphasis on domestic youth development

also, was really happy dzagoev could come away with those two memorable moment, i hope he has one more tournament left in him before he completely breaks down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Mean Bean Machine posted:

http://www.marca.com/en/world-cup/2018/07/09/5b43992d468aebee288b456f.html - Russian team doctor admits World Cup ammonia use... but denies doping

this is incredibly common in hockey, all leagues and levels

hell if you have a proper medkit at home, you will probably have a seal prepackaged version of that

• Locked thread