Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

poty posted:

We can’t be the only UEFA team to lose, or next time we go to Brussels to negotiate with the EU everybody is gonna make fun of us (more than usual)

Yeah that’s already happening :(
Need a big ol trophy with which to hit those EU bureaucrats over the head...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hopppppppppp

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Schwiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzz

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

greazeball posted:

Schwiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzz

:burger: :yaycloud:

Behrami is a god i take back everything

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
A for effort for the Swiss when it comes to trying to murder Neymar. :haw:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Switzerland wins 1-1

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

If u read German this article is gold: https://www.derbund.ch/fussball-wm/schweizer-nati/held-der-schweizer-buhmann-der-brasilianer/story/30966716

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

I don't, but still lolled at this

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Best pic of the world cup, please post it in the pics thread

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wrote my Swiss dad a message yesterday after the game and he sent this back:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Good dad

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/19/brazil-fifa-var-decisions-switzerland

gently caress these assholes

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
lol they're absolute babies

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

So are the Serbs. Friday is going to be intense. Serbian media are going crazy over this instagram post by Shaqiri:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjINvT0nPLl/?utm_source=ig_embed

Of course, Albanian newspapers are also chiming in.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Wengy posted:

So are the Serbs. Friday is going to be intense. Serbian media are going crazy over this instagram post by Shaqiri:

That's cool, good for him.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Wengy posted:

lol

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Hopefully it fires him up to play better than against Brazil (and he doesn’t get kicked around too much by nationalistic Serb players)

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I don't understand, what's the problem with the photo?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Coohoolin posted:

I don't understand, what's the problem with the photo?

That's the Kosovan flag on his right boot, which Serbia and Albania are not too thrilled about existing.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Gigi Galli posted:

That's the Kosovan flag on his right boot, which Serbia and Albania are not too thrilled about existing.

ahhhhhhh i didn't recognise it. i'm dumb.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I hope they get the Swiss cunty bureaucratic letter in reply:

Please see bylaws Section 2, Article a.iii, which states that VAR will only be used in cases where a there is a possibility that a foul may have been committed.

Wishing you,
Infantino

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
my dad said 2-1 fuer tschwizz and i believe

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

greazeball posted:

I hope they get the Swiss cunty bureaucratic letter in reply:

Please see bylaws Section 2, Article a.iii, which states that VAR will only be used in cases where a there is a possibility that a foul may have been committed.

Wishing you,
Infantino

Hell yeah

It’s what we do second best (Germans are still world champs of bureaucracy)

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Wengy posted:

Hell yeah

It’s what we do second best (Germans are still world champs of bureaucracy)

Please
Have any of you ever tried to get anything done in any ex-USSR country?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Alexeythegreat posted:

Please
Have any of you ever tried to get anything done in any ex-USSR country?

That's just corruption though. I was going to say Italy but it is also just corruption.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Yeah, also, in Italy you can just choose not to bother with certain administrative stuff, nobody will give a poo poo in my experience.

In Switzerland, you're hosed if you e. g. neglect to tell the local government where you live or if you use the wrong garbage bags or if you make a "mistake" on your tax return etc. etc.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've had my bank account frozen without warning here in Berlin because I wrote something on some form and I couldn't eat for a week lol, it's pretty brutal to be honest

Everyone lives in constant fear of the bureaucracy here, and it's totally normal to have to go to a bürgeramt and wait for hours on end there to get a form or a stamp for something because nothing can be done online either.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
i've got my one and only swiss t-shirt (it's bad) and i'm hyped to watch shaqiri get punched by angry serbs

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Gigi Galli posted:

One of the Serbian players was asked if he had a problem with that and he responded - "Not at all, I'm just curious why they didn't choose to play for Kosovo then." Which is a decent burn because when a new country joins FIFA, players with ties there have a limited window in which they can switch to the new country. And surprise surprise they didn't.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
wrong thread lol switzerland

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Malaver posted:

One of the Serbian players was asked if he had a problem with that and he responded - "Not at all, I'm just curious why they didn't choose to play for Kosovo then." Which is a decent burn because when a new country joins FIFA, players with ties there have a limited window in which they can switch to the new country. And surprise surprise they didn't.

Yeah I wondered about that actually; Switzerland and Albania would've lost a lot of players. I think a few Albanians switched, I'm not sure.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah I wondered about that actually; Switzerland and Albania would've lost a lot of players. I think a few Albanians switched, I'm not sure.

Besart Berisha did, but he'd already retired from the Albanian national team so idk if it counts?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

Besart Berisha did, but he'd already retired from the Albanian national team so idk if it counts?

Samir Ujkani did too, now that I'm looking at it. I don't recognize the others.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Bernard Berisha chose to play for Kosovo
The hilarious part is that he plays for Russian shithouse clubs, so he's registered everywhere as an Albanian and he crosses the Russian border as an Albanian citizen

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
huere yugos!!!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

oliwan posted:

I wrote my Swiss dad a message yesterday after the game and he sent this back:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE