Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
lol yeah taunting a jewish player with a nazi/holocaust reference is exactly the same and equally as bad as winding up a country that tried to genocide your family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The thing is the KLA tried to genocide the family of Serb fans being taunted. ethnic cleansing and other atrocities were committed by both sides https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_crimes_in_the_Kosovo_War#Kosovo_Albanian_war_crimes

So these swiss geek players who probably grew up in a mountain valley full of cows with people in those weird swiss outfits making the Ricola commercial noise on horns should really stop acting out

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Maybe if the serbs weren't such easily trolled whiny crybabies the world wouldn't care.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

Lol why should it count? Lets say hypothetically an ethnically german Italian player from south tyrol celebrates with, idk, a WW2 German symbol at Israeli fans would that be cool or a provocation? It's the same poo poo as doing sectarian crap in Scotland/Northern Ireland

fake thug wannabes from loving raclette eating switzerland trying to act like KLA hardmen is corny as poo poo anyway I hope FIFA throws the book at them

Why are you so invested in whether it's ok to do fascisms? Wearing a Celtic/Rangers top isn't banned at stadiums, but singing about being up to our knees in Fenian blood is, do you see the difference? Showing affinity to an oppressed group is not the same as expressing affinity for exterminating ethnic or religious groups.

And I can guarantee you that Kosovar and Albanian refugees (and any other immigrant to Switzerland) in the 80s did not get the Swiss passport for many years after their arrival. Having permanent residency here does not entitle you to a passport or a vote and being born here does not make you Swiss unless your parents are Swiss. They had Kosovar/Albanian/Macedonian/Yugoslavian passports, but somehow that's not real enough for you and you're projecting this KLA bullshit onto it as well. You're making the whole thing up in your mind to get pissed off at the libs or something just get a grip.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I, for one, am glad to see a lecture on racism and sensitivity from forums poster *dons reading glasses* "African AIDS Cum"

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

greazeball posted:

Why are you so invested in whether it's ok to do fascisms? Wearing a Celtic/Rangers top isn't banned at stadiums, but singing about being up to our knees in Fenian blood is, do you see the difference? Showing affinity to an oppressed group is not the same as expressing affinity for exterminating ethnic or religious groups.

And I can guarantee you that Kosovar and Albanian refugees (and any other immigrant to Switzerland) in the 80s did not get the Swiss passport for many years after their arrival. Having permanent residency here does not entitle you to a passport or a vote and being born here does not make you Swiss unless your parents are Swiss. They had Kosovar/Albanian/Macedonian/Yugoslavian passports, but somehow that's not real enough for you and you're projecting this KLA bullshit onto it as well. You're making the whole thing up in your mind to get pissed off at the libs or something just get a grip.

The double eagle hand gesture is a KLA “gang sign”

Keep that poo poo out of sports

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I'm pretty neutral about the whole thing (heh)

If they suspend Shaqiri, Xhaka and Lichtsteiner we are getting turbo-hosed even by Costa Rica.

Edit: I see FIFA went for a fine, good poo poo

poty fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 25, 2018

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

poty posted:

I'm pretty neutral about the whole thing (heh)

If they suspend Shaqiri, Xhaka and Lichtsteiner we are getting turbo-hosed even by Costa Rica.

Edit: I see FIFA went for a fine, good poo poo

A suspension would've been absurd; maybe a game behind closed doors for the next nations league or quali or whatever the gently caress is happening after the world cup was what I was expecting. Was the fine more than what England had to pay for Sterling's egregious Red Bull stunt?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

A suspension would've been absurd; maybe a game behind closed doors for the next nations league or quali or whatever the gently caress is happening after the world cup was what I was expecting. Was the fine more than what England had to pay for Sterling's egregious Red Bull stunt?

Xhaka and Shaqiri were fined like €8k each, Lichtsteiner was fined €4k. Sterling's fine was £16k.

trem_two fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 25, 2018

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Xhaka and Shaqiri were fined like €8k each, Lichtsteriner was fined €4k. Sterling's fine was £16k.

:capitalism:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gigi Galli posted:

This is a great post.

Do you actually get offended by this because it's a meme at this point.

e: Im not trying to be a dick oliwan, if it actually makes you mad I'll stop.

I'm only offended when posters African AIDS cum does it op, so it's all good.

blue footed boobie posted:

My understanding is that Oliwan is an actual Swiss person who just moved to the Netherlands and started supporting their national team.

I was born in Switzerland, but my mother who is Dutch moved back to the Netherlands with me when I was 6 years old, where I grew up among my Dutch family... so I guess you aren't wrong??

Torrannor posted:

He's living in Berlin right now.

:techno: :slick:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/shaqiri-xhaka-escape-world-cup-bans-but-hit-with-fifa-fines/1fiwv7otly2y81b7t129kln4uy

quote:

Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka and Stoke City forward Xherdan Shaqiri were fined £7,600 for making hand gesture to mimic the Albanian national symbol, an eagle.

Switzerland captain Stephan Lichtsteiner was also fined £3,700

FIFA also punished Slavisa Kokeza, Serbia FA president, and coach Mladen Krstajic in relation to comments they made on the goal celebrations after the match. Kokeza and Krstajic were sanctioned with fines of £3,800

Serbia's FA was also fined £41,000 ($54,000) and given a warning "for the display of discriminatory banners and messages by Serbian supporters as well as for throwing objects during the match".

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thanks, this actually seems like a good decision by FIFA? Covered every party that had a grievance. I didn't realize that the Serbian fans were waving anything at all, let alone discriminatory.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Thanks, this actually seems like a good decision by FIFA? Covered every party that had a grievance. I didn't realize that the Serbian fans were waving anything at all, let alone discriminatory.

Yeah I'm kind of surprised really. But now they have to add Switzerland to list of countries they have to rig the draw for so they don't play each other lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I didn't realize that the Serbian fans were waving anything at all, let alone discriminatory.

lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I honestly didn't notice!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I honestly didn't notice!

It's a safe bet OP

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

It's a safe bet OP

hehe, true

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did Lichsteiner know what the gesture meant or was he just following his mates?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
You know what's funnier than all this drama? Top PL teams thinking about buying Shaqiri because they think he's a good player.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did Lichsteiner know what the gesture meant or was he just following his mates?

Of course he knew, this double eagle stuff isn’t new; they had a team meeting about it years ago and decided to eschew it (lol). It’s cool and good that they decided to do it anyway to troll the Serbs imo.

Also, fantastic posts greazeball, once again.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I hope they keep scoring and keep doing it every match to piss off the Serbs

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Vegetable posted:

I hope they keep scoring and keep doing it every match to piss off the Serbs

Any updates?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Serbs got insanely mad and lost.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Our eagles return in shame, but they will be back... at the Euros...

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Maybe Xhaka will learn how to block a shot by then, instead of doing some ballerina bullshit move.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apparently Switzerland are thinking about not letting players with dual nationalities play for the national team anymore? lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

oliwan posted:

Apparently Switzerland are thinking about not letting players with dual nationalities play for the national team anymore? lmao

Lol that team would be insanely bad

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

oliwan posted:

This is from a country speaking German, French, Italian and Romansch

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.nzz.ch/sport/fussball-w...leme-ld.1401244

quote:

Schweizer Fussball-Generalsekretär sagt: «Mit Doppelnationalitäten schaffen wir Probleme»

Alex Miescher fordert von der Schweizer Politik, dass sie sich die Frage stellt, ob man noch Doppelnationalitäten will. Der Verband kann sich vorstellen, nur noch Fussballer zu fördern, die auf eine zweite Nationalität verzichten.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
If this happens, i will give up my Swiss passport and solely focus on getting into the Dutch team fyi

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

oliwan posted:

Tough but fair

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That's a real bitch move for everybody who's played for them already. You don't get to switch teams at the national level.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

oliwan posted:

This is awful but also hilarious

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lara Gut will be forced to find a new boyfriend

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
It'll be some svp rear end in a top hat stirring poo poo as usual and nothing will come of it. This happens every tournament.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

African AIDS cum posted:

I'm free!

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Lara Gut is my age and from Sorengo, we probably went to school together

That's my story

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

oliwan posted:

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

African AIDS cum posted:

dibs

• Locked thread