Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Post your tips or interesting looking bets here.

Usual rules, don't poo poo on anyone who posts a losing bet that you followed, we're all adults.

I've used Paddy Power as that's the bookie I use the most. If anyone sees better odds on anything here, please post away.

Outrights

Brazil - 9/2
Germany - 9/2
Spain - 11/2
France - 6/1
Belgium - 10/1
Argentina - 10/1
England - 16/1
Portugal - 22/1
Uruguay - 25/1
Croatia - 33/1
Colombia - 33/1
Russia - 40/1
Poland - 50/1
Denmark - 80/1
Switzerland - 100/1
Mexico - 100/1
Serbia - 125/1
Sweden - 150/1
Egypt - 150/1
Nigeria - 200/1
Senegal - 200/1
Peru - 200/1
Iceland - 200/1
Japan - 250/1
Australia - 275/1
Morocco - 325/1
South Korea - 500/1
Tunisia - 500/1
Iran - 500/1
Costa Rica - 500/1
Panama - 500/1
Saudi Arabia - 500/1

Like the look of Spain at 11/2. Also, I've backed France for each tournament for the past 18 years, so have to keep it up in case they pull it together.

Top Scorer
Lionel Messi - 10/1
Antoine Griezmann - 10/1
Neymar - 11/1
Harry Kane - 14/1
Timo Werner - 14/1
Romelu Lukaku - 14/1
Cristiano Ronaldo - 16/1
Gabriel Jesus - 16/1
Luis Suarez - 22/1
Robert Lewandowski - 25/1
Gonzalo Higuain - 25/1
Edinson Cavani - 25/1
Diego Costa - 25/1

Hate this market. You're one early exit, red card or injury from losing early on.

Here are a couple of dumb but fun bets I like the look of, which will give me an interest in a lot of games

None of Japan, Australia, South Korea, Iran or Saudi Arabia to Qualify from their Groups - 11/10
Every team to score at least one goal - 6/4

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Pete Donaldson convinced me to back Mitrovic as top scorer at 150/1.

I've also got England to lose a penalty shoot-out in the quarter final at 20/1, which is only to make me feel better if the unthinkable happens and it doesn't come home.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Also Sky Bet have some markets for top goalscorers from particular clubs that I think look like quite good value - 5/4 on Neymar to be the top scorer from PSG, 10/11 on Kane to be top scorer from Spurs.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

peanut- posted:

Also Sky Bet have some markets for top goalscorers from particular clubs that I think look like quite good value - 5/4 on Neymar to be the top scorer from PSG, 10/11 on Kane to be top scorer from Spurs.

That's not a bad market. As I said in the OP, I don't like top goalscorer bets, but that one's much better.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Since you didn't post them I'm assuming you can get pretty good odds on Thomas "10 World Cup goals and I'm only 28" Muller for top scorer

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

vyelkin posted:

Since you didn't post them I'm assuming you can get pretty good odds on Thomas "10 World Cup goals and I'm only 28" Muller for top scorer

20/1 on betvictor

does anywhere have odds for getting the winner of every group or would that be a standard accumulator?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

20/1 on betvictor

does anywhere have odds for getting the winner of every group or would that be a standard accumulator?

Looks like you can get 30/1 on Paddy Power, that's not a bad shout imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I've answered my own question and its just a standard accumulator. hmm £85 winnings on a £5 bet if i don't include group G winners vs £185 if i add england

Is dual forecast any 2 teams to finish top 2 of their group as opposed to straight forecast which is who actually gets first/second?

Jose fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 5, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hmmm assuming dual forecast is any position top 2

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Death To Fractional Odds

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Suarez or Cavani for top scorer isn't a bad shout considering the group they're in. Knockouts is a bit of a toss up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Iniesta to be best player is 40-1. Seems good odds for what'll be his retirement from international football

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Jose posted:

Iniesta to be best player is 40-1. Seems good odds for what'll be his retirement from international football

Is he likely to start? He's only played one game in 2018 for Spain. A quick google of "Spain starting 11" has him there in around half of the results. No ideal how reputable those articles are, though.

Just put my first couple of bets on. As I said in the OP, I've backed France every tournament since 2000, so have a small e/w on them, but Spain are my main pick. 11/2 is a hell of a price for them.

Also went for the group stage one I mentioned in the OP:
None of Japan, Australia, South Korea, Iran or Saudi Arabia to Qualify from their Groups - 11/10

None of them made it out in the excel sheet I filled out with the results for the whole tournament, so they can just give me my money now...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Seems like I have a €10 free bet for the Belgium-Costa Rica friendly tonight. I have no idea what to put it on. Toby Alderweireld to get carded is 9/1? Maybe something like that? Any suggestions?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

BTTS? Are Belgium as leaky as other Martinez teams have been? 6/4 on pp. Not a huge return for a free bet, though.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Mickolution posted:

BTTS? Are Belgium as leaky as other Martinez teams have been? 6/4 on pp. Not a huge return for a free bet, though.

Yeah, that's a good shout. But I went with Boyata to get carded, also at 9/1. It's a free bet after all :shrug: He's the most inexperienced defender in the team, so eh, we'll see.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Who are the idiots betting enough on brazil to win the world cup that it makes them joint favourites?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Who are the idiots betting enough on brazil to win the world cup that it makes them joint favourites?

I think it's because a lot of people don't see a stand out favourite and when that happens a lot of people default to Brazil. For big tournaments, people tend to go for historical powers and to be fair, they only lost 1 game in qualifying and are pretty good.

I did a predictor thing the other day and had them getting to the final playing Mexico, Senegal & France. Complete guesswork of course, but if it did turn out like that, they should at least make the semis. They could also get Germany in the second round I think, which would be a great tie.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Mickolution posted:

Is he likely to start? He's only played one game in 2018 for Spain. A quick google of "Spain starting 11" has him there in around half of the results. No ideal how reputable those articles are, though.

Just put my first couple of bets on. As I said in the OP, I've backed France every tournament since 2000, so have a small e/w on them, but Spain are my main pick. 11/2 is a hell of a price for them.

Also went for the group stage one I mentioned in the OP:

None of them made it out in the excel sheet I filled out with the results for the whole tournament, so they can just give me my money now...

Iniesta missed qualifiers due to injuries and to rest, but he will be on the starting 11

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I got Group F in the family sweepstake :getin:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
lol how do you lads feel about the pesos wagered on Spain today?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Not great.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Paddy only took them from 11/2 to 6/1 so maybe they don't think it will be THAT impactful, or maybe the markets are just slow to move?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Paddy only took them from 11/2 to 6/1 so maybe they don't think it will be THAT impactful, or maybe the markets are just slow to move?

They went to 13/2 as soon as it was announced I think, so looks like they've come in again, though nothing huge either way. Looks like they aren't taking any chances.

edit: still 13/2 for me

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I think Poland are a decent shout for a dark horse so I put money on Lewandowski top scorer. It's unlikely they'll win outright but I think they'll go deep and he'll get all the goals.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lukaku topscorer is 17/1 at unibet. Games against Tunesia and Panama, it's not impossible. He's scoring for fun at the moment too...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just saw that you can bet whether Julen Lopetegui will attend Portugal-Spain. 10/1. Why would he attend the game? What?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mickolution posted:

I think it's because a lot of people don't see a stand out favourite and when that happens a lot of people default to Brazil. For big tournaments, people tend to go for historical powers and to be fair, they only lost 1 game in qualifying and are pretty good.

I did a predictor thing the other day and had them getting to the final playing Mexico, Senegal & France. Complete guesswork of course, but if it did turn out like that, they should at least make the semis. They could also get Germany in the second round I think, which would be a great tie.

I did a bracket for my wife's work and I had Brazil losing to France in the semis and Germany winning it again, so yeah

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Same, except Brazil over France only to lose to Germany again. :twisted:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Draw in the Denmark France game is 7/4. Shorter than a draw should be, but would see both teams through.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

glad i never got around to putting any bets on

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Mickolution posted:

Draw in the Denmark France game is 7/4. Shorter than a draw should be, but would see both teams through.

Would have been a good one, not sure what I was thinking when I put money on Australia to beat Peru

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

poty posted:

Would have been a good one, not sure what I was thinking when I put money on Australia to beat Peru

I would have fancied them to win that one too tbh, with Peru being out.

Went for a crazy Argentine 2+ goals & 6+ corners later at 8/5.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Mickolution posted:

I would have fancied them to win that one too tbh, with Peru being out.

Went for a crazy Argentine 2+ goals & 6+ corners later at 8/5.

Did you fail to figure in the fact that Australia is a team of garbagemen?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I have a Nigeria win next, I guess I just like underdogs too much

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Argentina is the underdogs they have to win with mossad hot on their heels.

E:poo poo wrong thread. :tinfoil: maybe mossad rerouted the post.

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 26, 2018

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

That Arg line up does kind of look like the mutiny line up, so no idea what they would do if they started slow or fell behind.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jose posted:

What are the odds now

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

MrBling posted:

Did you fail to figure in the fact that Australia is a team of garbagemen?

Bet only lost by one corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

poty posted:

poty posted:

I have a Nigeria win next, I guess I just like underdogs too much

Guess who had put money on a Germany win (because underdogs don't pay off right). I think that's the end of my cursed world cup betting career

• Locked thread