Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Tortuga posted:

What Germany did with Austria in 1982 was pathetic. And the same goes for 1939.

At least in 1982 they respected the border and didn't attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Löw to remain Bundestrainer.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Torrannor posted:

Löw to remain Bundestrainer.

I imagine you guys don't do it this way but after our disaster(s) the FIGC gave the managers plenty of time to resign in order to save face. Do you think that this is the case or that the German FA (sorry, I don't know what the name is) actually has faith in him?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I imagine you guys don't do it this way but after our disaster(s) the FIGC gave the managers plenty of time to resign in order to save face. Do you think that this is the case or that the German FA (sorry, I don't know what the name is) actually has faith in him?

DFB, and they might actually be deluded enough to have faith in him. More importantly though, there's really no realistic alternative to him. Löw himself has already said that he intends to stay in the job, so I don't see a resignation happening.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

It's DFB and Germans don't generally do this. It's certainly possible he'll decide to resign after thinking about it a while. But the people who could fire him have decided not to.

I think they just didn't dare try anything new this WC, and ran a lot of player who were not at their peak performance and not particularly enthusiastic. Germany wasn't the only one who did this either, almost all the teams who tied to go with "famous, time-tested players and strategies" are out by now. Except Croatia and Brazil I guess

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Gigi Galli posted:

The president of the German FA said that they weren't gonna fire Löw and wanted to continue working with him, so it was completely up to him whether to resign or continue.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's official now:

https://twitter.com/DFB_Team/status/1014117716469350400

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Die Mannschaft die!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Celebrating? At a sports game!?

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

:downsgun:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:bravo:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Low still weltmeister though

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

quote:

Es war die Nachricht des Tages: Löw hat sich entschieden. Ein Satz aus vier Worten, der als Ohnmachtserklärung des Deutschen Fußball-Bundes gelesen werden muss. Wo gibt es das denn sonst, dass ein Trainer nach einem historischen Negativrekord, dem erstmaligen Scheitern bereits in der Vorrunde, entscheidet, wie es weitergeht? Und welcher Verband legt sein Schicksal in die Hände eines Trainers, bevor der seine Analyse zum verpatzten WM-Auftritt vorgelegt hat?

quote:

Wenn man den namentlich nicht genannten Maulwürfen aus dem DFB-Team glaubt, welche die Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung just in der Ausgabe vom Dienstag zu Wort kommen ließ, dann ist Löw gar nun Opfer seines eigenen Mantras geworden. Eigentlich habe Löw, so werden die Worte der Insider paraphrasiert, letzten Mittwoch in Kasan schon seinen Rücktritt erklären wollen. Der DFB habe ihn jedoch bedrängt, dies nicht zu tun. Sollte das stimmen, muss einem Joachim Löw fast schon leid tun. Das grenzt ja fast schon an Nötigung.
http://www.taz.de/!5514731/

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Who knew the doofuses high up at the DFB were doofuses?! :thunk:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
did a big lol, because I remembered that germany came last in their group lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

oliwan posted:

did a big lol, because I remembered that germany came last in their group lol

It's true, they're very considerate lovers

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

20 years and it's still funny.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Lucky for Löw that he has some better options than Beinlich or Rehmer so he might last until the Euros and not just September. The media is going to be brutal from now on I'd assume.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Berti would have won

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

frankenfreak posted:

Berti would have won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nuvPeNno5U

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Translate?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I think it's because Germany lost 3-0 to Croatia in the 98 world cup, replaced almost the entire team and were still crap and almost failed to beat Malta. the numbers are player ratings out of 10.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Flayer posted:

I think it's because Germany lost 3-0 to Croatia in the 98 world cup, replaced almost the entire team and were still crap and almost failed to beat Malta. the numbers are player ratings out of 10.

numbers are probably german school grades with 1 being the best and 6 being the worst.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

ephex posted:

numbers are probably german school grades with 1 being the best and 6 being the worst.
It's kicker, so yes, exactly that.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

frankenfreak posted:

Berti would have won

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Oh

my

GOD!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

this is a moustache

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bierhoff feels like he's gonna get fired after nothing happened to Löw, mouths off about Özil, gets rightfully poo poo on.

Now we have Grindel desperately trying to save his loving hide making GBS threads on Özil.

Something tells me these guys won't make it to years end. :thunk:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Good.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ephex posted:

What a barbaric culture

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Still Weltmeister

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

ephex posted:

Still Weltmeister
*nervously glances at HSV-style clock on the wall*

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just saw an interview with Philip Lahm who was saying that the people at the German FA schould've explained to Özil how to behave, lmao at Germany

I actually love how everyone is advocating a more strict and disciplined rule at the FA now. Germans just can't help themselves.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
gas thread, ban OP imo

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Are we still Weltmeister?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sereri posted:

Non

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Sereri posted:

Lahm still has the cup, so yes.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://twitter.com/WELT_Sport/status/1021096051959185408

:byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Just read his tweets, him dunking on Grindel is pretty great lmao. Did he publish it only in English? The whole thing is very political from a footballer, which is fairly unusual and I wonder what kind of discussion might come out of it.

• Locked thread