Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be Brock's number one contender?
This poll is closed.
It'll be... wait, Corbin beat Balor? Clean!?! 36 16.07%
Definitely gonna be... wait, Corbin beat Balor? Clean!?! 33 14.73%
What the gently caress? Corbin beat Balor? Clean!?! 42 18.75%
Why the gently caress would they have Corbin beat Balor? Clean!?! 55 24.55%
Also Dolph Ziggler beat Seth Rollins for the IC Title!?! 58 25.89%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT Takeover Chicago II Results
  • Tommaso Ciampa is a bastard man who defeated Johnny Gargano in a Street Fight. Tommaso Ciampa is the devil.
  • Aleister Black (C) defeated Lars Sullivan to retain the NXT Championship
  • Shayna Baszler (C) defeated Nikki Cross to retain the NXT Women's Championship
  • Ricochet defeated Velveteen Dream
  • The Undisputed Era (C) defeated Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch to retain the NXT Tag Team Titles

Money in the Bank Results
  • Braun Strowman defeated Bobby Roode, Finn Bálor, Kevin Owens, Kofi Kingston, Rusev, Samoa Joe, and The Miz to win the Men's MITB Ladder Match
  • Alexa Bliss defeated Nia Jax (C) after cashing in her MITB briefcase, to become the new Raw Women's Champion
  • Ronda Rousey defeated Nia Jax by Disqualification, after Alexa Bliss attacked Rousey first and then Jax with the MITB Briefcase
  • AJ Styles (C) defeated Shinsuke Nakamura in a Last Man Standing Match to retain the WWE Championship
  • Carmella (C) defeated Asuka with the aid of James Ellsworth to retain the Smackdown Women's Championship
  • Roman Reigns defeated Jinder Mahal
  • Alexa Bliss defeated Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Ember Moon, Lana, Naomi, Natalya, and Sasha Banks to win the Women's MITB Ladder Match
  • Seth Rollins (C) defeated Elias to retain the Intercontinental Championship
  • Bobby Lashley defeated Sami Zayn
  • Daniel Bryan defeated Big Cass
  • The Bludgeon Brothers (C) defeated The Good Brothers to retain the Smackdown Tag Team Titles on the pre-show

Raw Results
  • A recap of Alexa Bliss cashing in her MITB briefcase to win the Women's Title from Nia Jax.
  • Kurt Angle opened the show to present the Women's Title to Alexa Bliss at her insistence. She came out and he casually handed her the belt. She started to brag, then Ronda came down, kicked the poo poo out of her, kicked the poo poo out of Angle for trying to stop her, then kicked the poo poo out of Bliss some more.
  • Backstage, Kurt confronted Ronda and suspended her for 30 days. She stormed off and ignored Renee Young's attempts to interview her until Renee wished her luck, and Ronda replied that she should save her well-wishes for Bliss because when she came back she going to kick her rear end.
  • Seth Rollins came to the ring, gave Elias his due but pointed out he was still champion. He issued another open challenge for his Intercontinental Title, which Dolph Ziggler answered. Ziggler defeated Rollins after a distraction from Drew McIntyre as well as holding Rollins' tights during a rollup.

Jerusalem posted:

Dolph Ziggler?

:cripes:

• Backstage, Ziggler and McIntyre were interviewed and said Monday Night Rollins was canceled, and this title was the first of many to come, and unlike others they wouldn't get soft when they became champions.
  • BobbyRoode defeated Curt Hawkins to stretch Hawkins' losing streak out to 204 straight losses.
  • BRAUN came to the ring to declare he was now Mr. Monster in the Bank and the moment Brock Lesnar finally showed his face again, BRAUN would take the title from him. Kevin Owens came out, congratulated him and reminded BRAUN that he was the only one who truly understood and feared the threat that BRAUN would be in the MITB ladder match. He suggested that since BRAUN had no friends and Sami had been laid out by Bobby Lashley, maybe he and BRAUN could be buddies now, and after BRAUN won the title from Brock, Owens could get a title shot? BRAUN shook hands with Owens but then tried to chokeslam him, but Owens managed to escape
  • Bayley and Sasha met backstage to commiserate over Sasha failing to win the MITB Briefcase last night. Bayley offered them a fresh start by forgetting their recent issues and go after the Riott Squad together, and Sasha agreed.
  • The Deleters of Worlds defeated Heath Slater and Rhyno in a non-title match. The B Team appeared on the titantron doing impersonations of Bray and Matt, then slowly, awkwardly dropped out of frame.
  • Baron Corbin congratulated Kurt Angle, saying Stephanie liked how he had handled Ronda earlier. Kurt said he didn't care what Stephanie thought, and freaked out when he discovered Corbin was on a call with her right then. He passed Kurt the phone and she gave him instructions on an announcement to make in the ring.
  • Jinder Mahal defeated Chad Gable quickly. The crowd didn't care. Poor Gable.
  • The Riott Squad defeated Sasha Banks and Bayley after Bayley was distracted outside the ring and wasn't in position to help Sasha when needed. They argued and shoved each other in the ring, and continued backstage where Sasha knocked Bayley on her rear end and left her there.
  • Kurt Angle came to the ring to announce that it was time to figure out who Brock's next opponent would be. Roman immediately showed up to demand the shot, Bobby Lashley interfered to (badly) talk trash. Kurt explained it would be a multi-man match at Extreme Rules to decide the top contender for Brock. The Revival came out to lament these so-called "top guys" who never earned their chances but continued to demand them. Roman offered to fight instead of talk, and suggested Lashley stick around to watch, and Kurt declared it would be a tag match.
  • Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley defeated The Revival, with Lashley hitting a massive spear to get the win in a not particularly subtle message to Roman.
  • Finn Balor met with Kurt and Corbin backstage to ask for a spot in the Extreme Rules match. Corbin scoffed at the idea, Kevin Owens showed up to pile on, but then Balor pointed out that BRAUN was right behind Owens. BRAUN explained that he goes where he wants, when he wants, and Finn suggested a tag match of Finn/BRAUN vs Owens/Corbin.
  • AJ Styles will be on the cover of WWE 2k19.
  • Mojo Rawley defeated No Way Jose. Nobody cared, Coach even straight up said,"There is no enjoyment." Mojo was interviewed afterwards and said he was no longer worried about staying hype, but maintaining focus.
  • Bayley chased after Sasha out to the parking lot, but Sasha ignored her, got in her car, locked the door and drove away.
  • Elias did a very long song performance mocking Seth Rollins for losing the Intercontinental Title.
  • Seth was interviewed backstage, but said he had no excuses for losing his Intercontinental Title. He said he would have to figure out how to deal with Drew McIntyre being at ringside quickly, because he was invoking his rematch clause against Dolph Ziggler next week.
  • Baron Corbin and Kevin Owens defeated BRAUN and Finn Balor in a tag match.
  • Corbin pinned Balor clean.

Smackdown Results
  • Paige recapped Money in the Bank and announced Daniel Bryan, Rusev, The Miz, Samoa Joe and BIG E would be in a Gauntlet Match to determine the next top contender for AJ Styles' WWE Championship.
  • Carmella came to the ring and claimed that she defeated Asuka all by herself without any help (technically true). "Asuka" came to the ring, revealing it was actually Ellsworth behind the mask, and said he was here to serve the greatest women's champion. The real Asuka showed up and took out Ellsworth, but got superkicked by Carmella in the process.
  • Becky Lynch defeated Billie Kay, who mocked Becky before the match and claimed she was better off as a sidekick to Charlotte.
  • Backstage, Jeff Hardy said he won't allow Shinsuke Nakamura to be in position to punch him on the dick again.
  • Daniel Bryan was interviewed backstage, where it was revealed he would open the Gauntlet Match. He said he had to beat three of the best: Rusev, BIG E and Samoa Joe. When Renee reminded Bryan about The Miz, he reminded her that he said "the best".
  • SAnitY brawled with The Usos and left them laying, in a match that never actually got started.
  • Nakamura insisted he didn't lose at Money in the Bank, the referee just counted too fast plus it wasn't in Japanese. He said Jeff Hardy may think his eyes are open, but Shinsuke will close them.
  • The Bludgeon Brothers defeated The Good Brothers in a really fun match where the Good Brothers got a chance to shine and really took it to the Bludgeon Brothers. Eventually Harper was able to make a blind tag to Rowan and the two hit a double team on Karl and got the pinfall.
  • Daniel Bryan came to the ring for the Gauntlet Match, but there was a momentary pause as he found himself flanked by the Bludgeon Brothers. A fan yelled,"LEAVE HIM ALONE!"
  • Daniel Bryan defeated BIG E in the first match of the Gauntlet match. The match was REALLY good and BIG E and Bryan have great chemistry (big shock, I know).
  • Daniel Bryan survived Samoa Joe after an awesome match, escaping a chokehold outside the ring and getting back into the ring before the 10 count, while Joe was just a second too late. Joe's reaction was amazing.
  • The Bludgeon Brothers jumped Daniel Bryan and beat him up.
  • The Miz came out next and immediately hit the Skull Crushing Finale, pinned Bryan and threw him out while talking trash.
  • Rusev defeated The Miz to become number one contender to AJ Styles' WWE Championship. He and Miz had a good match, with Rusev very clearly in the face role. Miz attempted to hit The Knee That Beat John Cena on Rusev who hit the superkick on Miz and then put him into the Accolade to get the submission win.
  • AJ Styles came out and laid down the belt between he and Rusev. Rusev and AJ seemed to be on the same page, but when AJ offered to shake English's hand too, English pulled his hand away so AJ knocked him on his rear end and left with the belt. Rusev looked upset but more towards English than AJ.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Seth Rollins is good

Dolph Ziggler is bad

Finn Balor is good

Baron Corbin is bad

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i can't believe fart blood wrote a poem for all of you in the thread and none of you wanted to read it

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

raw sucks

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I went to a Smackdown house show tonight. I got to touch hands with Becky. I can die happy now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahaha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

I went to a Smackdown house show tonight. I got to touch hands with Becky. I can die happy now.

That shouldn't have been possible because her hand SHOULD have been occupied by carrying the MITB briefcase :smith:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

That shouldn't have been possible because her hand SHOULD have been occupied by carrying the MITB briefcase :smith:

She has two hands!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Heel: Haha, you are lame and awful. You only had the title for 24 hours and if I'd been around, I'd have easily beaten you!
Heel beats face. Clean. WWE gets 2.3 billion dollars.

She has two hands!

THEN SHE HAS A FIGHTING CHANCE! :hellyeah:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I was at the show tonight as well. I had to step outside to the lobby for a bit though due to a phone call. I missed the Becky/Carmella match. Was it as terrible as I imagined it would be, Codependent?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Because Brock is never there he never has any feuds and everyone else's feuds are can they win a match to face Brock.

I bet this multi-man will get top billing over the WWE totle match.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I was at the show tonight as well. I had to step outside to the lobby for a bit though due to a phone call. I missed the Becky/Carmella match. Was it as terrible as I imagined it would be, Codependent?

It was all right. Not very long, had some comedy throughout. Had a good tease with Becky getting the Disarmer but Carmella reaching the ropes, then she won by rollup and putting almost her entire body on the ropes so it wasn't clean at all. I think it would be very difficult to have a terrible match with Becky.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I watched The Loveless alongside RAW tonight. Both were weird and not great, but the movie was better.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I can't wait to just run the Elimination Chamber match back again at Extreme Rules, this time with *adjusts spectacles* Bobby Lashley to make it extra exciting.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
And I thought for sure the thread title was going to be "WWE Discussion Is Rhyming Do With Do For 6/18."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chris James 2 posted:

ahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahaha

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Finn winning the title was one of Vince’s day of the event random decisions, there were no actual plans or investment in him.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Dolph Ziggler has another title in 2018 and it's only like the 28th dumbest thing to happen on the show tonight so no one even cares.

Also, put The Revival out of their misery already.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I was curious and went back into the archives to see how Raw threads usually fared in June in previous years. 10-ish years ago they regularly got over 30 pages and just a few years ago they were constantly hitting 50+ and the OPs were these huge effort writeups by Bard Maddox

lol at this barely scraping past 10 pages stuff gently caress you wwe

21 Hoot Salute fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 19, 2018

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

This summer doldrum is worse than years past because of the Brock situation + the inevitable coronation of Reigns at Summerslam. It's hard to care anymore.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

wwhy wwe is so bad

why wwe is so bad

#italiano

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

21 Hoot Salute posted:

I was curious and went back into the archives to see how Raw threads usually fared in June in previous years. 10-ish years ago they regularly got over 30 pages and just a few years ago they were constantly hitting 50+ and the OPs were these huge effort writeups by Bard Maddox

lol at this barely scraping past 10 pages stuff gently caress you wwe

Yeah but also this site is dying because it refuses to evolve too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I quit watching raw half way through and watched the Hardy 24 show. It was great.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I didn't particularly like that Raw. The Ronda stuff was GREAT but Seth losing the title to Ziggler is not only awful, it concerns me that they're gonna run Heel Dean right when he gets back. I know most of this forum will love that but not me, personally.

These threads being so much smaller are just as much a reflection of SA as they are WWE, if not more.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 19, 2018

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I hated Ronda Rousey her entire UFC run, somehow after like 3 months in the WWE I really dig her.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seth losing the title to Ziggler is not only awful, it concerns me that they're gonna run Heel Dean right when he gets back. I know most of this forum will love that but not me, personally.

Explain your reasoning here, I don’t follow

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

La Park should beat Brock for the belt.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Me watching the Rousey segment on Youtube: Whoa, maybe this dumbshit company finally remembers how to book a babyface.
Me reading the rest of J-Ru's summary: :doh:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mkay0 posted:

Explain your reasoning here, I don’t follow

If Seth doesn't have the title and he's not engaged in a multi month feud for it, and he's not in a universal title program, he needs a high profile post SummerSlam feud. So either they hotshot the title back to Seth in which case what's the point, he's somehow further up the card in Universal Title land (which he should be tbh), or it's Dean.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I didn't particularly like that Raw. The Ronda stuff was GREAT but Seth losing the title to Ziggler is not only awful, it concerns me that they're gonna run Heel Dean right when he gets back. I know most of this forum will love that but not me, personally.

I've gone through the "babyface I really liked turns heel, everybody says what a good idea it was while I'm just really disappointed because I liked them more as a face." three times in the last two years. I'll be right there with you when it's four. :(

Having said that,

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So either they hotshot the title back to Seth in which case what's the point,

Ziggler tries to use McIntyre to distract Seth, it backfires, Seth stomps Ziggler's brains out, hey look, a wedge between Ziggler and McIntyre with only...two months to go until SummerSlam.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I also have zero interest in heel Dean. There's better choices to make heel.

Professor Funk posted:

This summer doldrum is worse than years past because of the Brock situation + the inevitable coronation of Reigns at Summerslam. It's hard to care anymore.
Is it better or worse that there's nothing "inevitable" about said coronation?

Everyone claimed it was inevitable all of last year following WM and yet here we are, roman reigning in the stink of the midcard.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
people aren't posting in the gameday threads because the show is very bad and uninteresting and the tv deal has killed everyone's spirits because everyone knows nothing will improve

people that used to post in the gameday threads still post on SA, just not in the gameday threads because the show is awful and they no longer watch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If Seth doesn't have the title and he's not engaged in a multi month feud for it, and he's not in a universal title program, he needs a high profile post SummerSlam feud. So either they hotshot the title back to Seth in which case what's the point, he's somehow further up the card in Universal Title land (which he should be tbh), or it's Dean.

In all honesty, when Seth said that Drew was a problem he was going to have to figure out a solution to, my first thought was that the solution would be Dean Ambrose.

I mean sure, they could do a tag feud out of that between Seth/Dean and Dolph/Drew, but what I was really thinking was Seth and Dean reenacting the final fight from The Raid, with Drew as Mad Dog.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I try to put a post or two in GDTs that i don't watch for the sake of my posting brothers.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Baron Corbin posted:

people aren't posting in the gameday threads because the show is very bad and uninteresting and the tv deal has killed everyone's spirits because everyone knows nothing will improve

people that used to post in the gameday threads still post on SA, just not in the gameday threads because the show is awful and they no longer watch

Fwiw I no longer post in the GDTs because I actually find them worse than the shows. It's not funny like the old TNA threads, people are just miserable fucks all the time. I'm not saying the show was good but IMO 2018 WWE GDTs make bad WWE shows even worse.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

In all honesty, when Seth said that Drew was a problem he was going to have to figure out a solution to, my first thought was that the solution would be Dean Ambrose.

I mean sure, they could do a tag feud out of that between Seth/Dean and Dolph/Drew, but what I was really thinking was Seth and Dean reenacting the final fight from The Raid, with Drew as Mad Dog.

Except Mad Dog should win this time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

The only reason I doubt this is I don't think Dean will return until after SummerSlam.

That said Raw is coming to my area August 13 and if Dean is back for that I might actually be tempted to go.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Except Mad Dog should win this time.

Well I'm not opposed to the idea of pushing Drew McIntyre!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Well I'm not opposed to the idea of pushing Drew McIntyre!
what about Drew McIntyre pushing Dolph Ziggler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spiderdrake posted:

what about Drew McIntyre pushing Dolph Ziggler?

Where's Raw next week? San Diego?

Hmmm.

I guess that's high enough...

• Locked thread