Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Hello again, fellow football fans, in this Hublot Forum of Friendship matchday thread. Yesterday's last two matches were really entertaining, with the underdogs forcing the favorites to a draw, plenty of VAR action, lots of penalties, Big Ron failing to score from the spot, etc. Let's hope today will be as good.

These are our four matches:

Australia vs Peru, 16:00 CET, 3 p.m. BST, 10 a.m. EST, Sochi
Denmark vs France, 16:00 CET, 3 p.m. BST, 10 a.m. EST, Moscow
Nigeria vs Argentina, 20:00 CET, 7 p.m. BST, 2 p.m. EST, Saint Petersburg
Iceland vs Croatia, 20:00 CET, 7 p.m. BST, 2 p.m. EST, Rostov-on-Don

Group C plays first today, let's begin with Australia vs Peru. Peru are already eliminated and had a pretty weak showing this World Cup. With a little luck, Australia could have drawn against France, and they held the Danes to a draw. If they win against Peru and France win against Denmark, they could still advance to the round of 16. The Socceroos are surely the favorites to win this match, especially since Peru have nothing to lose anyway.

The other Group C match is between Denmark and France. France already advanced to the knockout stages, while Denmark are through to the next round if they win against France, no matter Australia's result. The players on the French squad are of much higher individual quality than those in the Danish squad, so they should be able to win against Denmark. Still, their victories over Australia and Peru weren't as convincing as one might have thought before the tournament. Losing to Denmark would make them only finish second in the group, so they at least have an incentive to not hold back too much. Might be a halfway decent game.

First in Group D, we have Nigeria vs Argentina. Argentina need a win to advance, while Nigeria would like get to the next round with just a draw. A spicy game, Messi's last chance to avoid an embarrassing early elimination. The Super Eagles played some nice football against Iceland, while Argentina were pretty anemic in their two games so far. This could be a great game, especially if Argentina get eliminated.

Last but not least, we have Croatia vs Iceland. Croatia are already through, and unlikely to lose the first spot even if both Iceland and Nigeria win. But they have shown some nice football this tournament, they are the clear favorites this match. Iceland held a weak Argentina to a draw before losing to Nigeria. They need a win and Nigeria to lose to advance. I don't think they can pull this off, but the plucky Vikings have been underestimated before. But whether Croatia destroy Iceland or Iceland achieve a miracle and win, it would be entertaining either way.

For more squad infos, look up the team threads:

Australian Team Thread
Peruvian Thread
Danish Team Thread
French Team Thread
Nigerian Team Thread
Argentinian Team Thread
Icelandic Team Thread
Croatian Team Thread

Yesterday's evening games were pure football. Today we will hopefully see Argentina exit the World Cup, and perhaps we can watch some good football as well. So join us for another matchday thread in our fine Hublot Forum of Friendship!

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jun 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
gas and ban the op because I hate his stupid avatar and also that he's made every op not allowing other posters to make an op

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

track day bro! posted:

gas and ban the op because I hate his stupid avatar and also that he's made every op not allowing other posters to make an op

:agreed: but the opposite. Just change his avatar, his ops are good.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

track day bro! posted:

If you want to make and OP, just say it. It's just that I'm usually not back from work until the first match is already half over, so I have to post them before I leave home. If somebody else wants to make a match day thread, just say so before about 06:00 CET.

As for my avatar, I still don't know who gifted me that one. I've never posted about Power Rangers at all on these forums :confused:

I would be happy if you gave me another avatar :cheeky:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

So is Argentina in revolt against their coach or was that a vicious rumor? I keep hoping they want to add a local cool dog they found to the roster. There’s nothing in the rule book that says a dog CAN’T be a midfielder!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

soccer roo

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jet Jaguar posted:

So is Argentina in revolt against their coach or was that a vicious rumor? I keep hoping they want to add a local cool dog they found to the roster. There’s nothing in the rule book that says a dog CAN’T be a midfielder!

It's real

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
Peru....is Denmark???

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

🎵Kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kickey kickey kick kick 🎶

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cutscene Powers posted:

Peru....is Denmark???

Woops, wrong image.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
today is the day my friends

finally the day that messi fucks off forever

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Is this thread going to get weird with simultaneous games?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Goffer posted:

Is this thread going to get weird with simultaneous games?

It got weird yesterday, so probably?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Do you guys think we need two or even four threads then?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
weird is good, one thread is fine

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

rear end cobra posted:

weird is good, one thread is fine

Yeah it's not hard to tell what match people are talking about.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

track day bro! posted:

ban track day bro for unfair trolling of our official world cup op who has been doing a stellar job

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Aphex- posted:

today is the day my friends

finally the day that messi fucks off forever

We can't have nice things so Argentina will end up winning their group somehow.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Make everyone post using a template imo, :colbert::

The game I'm watching is................ and this is what I have to say about ................ : *actual post goes here*

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress germany

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
will greaseman disappoint the nation again today? probably

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
rostov on don is a funny city name

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

ban track day bro for unfair trolling of our official world cup op who has been doing a stellar job

don't do this!!!!!!!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

please do not let Kruse start today

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i wish cool and good lads iceland and nigeria could both go through, but either of them before argentina imo

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

track day bro! posted:

Whats wrong with the swedish dalahesten?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
You missed a point in your analysis of group C:

If France and Denmark draw, France go through as 1st in the group and Denmark go through as 2nd. There is every chance both teams settle for the worlds most boring 0-0 or 1-1.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

we're going to gently caress the perus and robbie kruse is going to score a hattrick

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
if we get a 0-0 draw in any of these last group games i will never forgive both teams

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

shut up blegum posted:

Make everyone post using a template imo, :colbert::

The game I'm watching is................ and this is what I have to say about ................ : *actual post goes here*

I thought you were belgian and not German???

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Mash posted:

You missed a point in your analysis of group C:

If France and Denmark draw, France go through as 1st in the group and Denmark go through as 2nd. There is every chance both teams settle for the worlds most boring 0-0 or 1-1.

I don’t think Denmark are keen to face Croatia in the 16 tbh. They'll spend at least the first half trying to get ahead.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Here's the updated anime
https://twitter.com/chidajunsei3163/status/1011552845844209664

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

track day bro! posted:

I think his ops have been really good, op!!!!!!

Torranor, how about you take a break once we get to the knockouts? Then some other posters can make the threads.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thanks for the anime update

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
he can make the op i dont care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
We're gonna poo poo all over Peru and their loving poo poo pipe bands

Then we gently caress Robbie kruses corpse who's has died while giving arzani the steamiest assist

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Today the whole world will be supporting Nigeria. Come on, Super Eagles!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

track day bro! posted:

he can make the op i dont care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that you care

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
what a bunch of poo poo matches today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What are the chances we have a pre arranged draw with France Denmark

• Locked thread